TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Single rider line discontinued as of yesterday on revolution

They must have realized that the people who didn't care about VR were taking advantage of the shorter wait. They simply couldn't allow that.

Of course , I had to find that out today while at the park. I just don't get why they had to discontinue it. Cars go out with empty seats.

maybe it saved by having one less employee. all about cost cutting! LOL gotta love MM.

While at the park on Tuesday I spotted a group of teenage boys attempting to throw souvenir basketballs at Full Throttle from the Superman plaza and almost hit one of the trains as it was passing overhead. I screamed a few choice words at them and scared them off so they ran to the Helpful Honda Express and caught a ride down the hill. We followed them and gave a description to a couple employees at the Helpful Honda Express who then radioed it in to someone. Hopefully those idiots were caught and thrown out of the park.

While at the park on Tuesday I spotted a group of teenage boys attempting to throw souvenir basketballs at YOLOcoaster from the Superman plaza and almost hit one of the trains as it was passing overhead. I screamed a few choice words at them and scared them off so they ran to the Helpful Honda Express and caught a ride down the hill. We followed them and gave a description to a couple employees at the Helpful Honda Express who then radioed it in to someone. Hopefully those idiots were caught and thrown out of the park.

It's times like this that The Dragon is missed. You could have easily grabbed a ride on the Dragon to catch your perps.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk

^Wow that's pretty bad... I do hope that security found those kids and talked to them, but I realistically doubt it.

If only they could get rid of the basketballs and vuvuzelas from the park...

I have an idea. Why don't we get a big strong bruiser of a guy to throw them at Yolocoaster.

What fun that would be, huh?

While at the park on Tuesday I spotted a group of teenage boys attempting to throw souvenir basketballs at YOLOcoaster from the Superman plaza and almost hit one of the trains as it was passing overhead. I screamed a few choice words at them and scared them off so they ran to the Helpful Honda Express and caught a ride down the hill. We followed them and gave a description to a couple employees at the Helpful Honda Express who then radioed it in to someone. Hopefully those idiots were caught and thrown out of the park.

Ugh, such idiots! I remember last summer some stupid kids were spitting on people from the bridge that goes over the beginning of Twisted Colossus. Unfortunately they fled before security came.

^This is probably the most accurate reason, especially since a lot of their staff is back in school now lol

That is the likely explanation. During school, work permits carry hours restrictions so they probably couldn't staff it.

I think now looking back over the clues, we'll be getting an RMC Trex and JL:BFM customized. I think people are under estamating the size of the land they have to work with and the budget they have to work with. Somebody high up in SFMM admin said that: "If you liked 2015, you're going to LOVE 2017." That just screams big thrill ride to me, and since we know they like to break all the records, what would be better than the tallest, and fastest coaster on the west coast!

I don't see it!!!!!!!!! you will be getting a JL:BFM because we have not seen an RMC Trex.

Anyone have any suggestions for getting a discount on park tickets if I am going in October? All the passes online are only good until mid September. I have a SFOG season pass but trying to get my friend a deal who I am going with.

I'd like to take a road trip to visit the northern and southern California parks. Ideally, there would be enthusiast events at some of the parks. I thought about West Coast Bash, but the northern California parks aren't open on weekdays at that time of the year. The trip would be too long if I used one weekend for the northern California parks and another weekend for the southern California parks. Would anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

I was at the Mountain yesterday - Friday. As noted earlier, no single rider line on Rev. This is insane since I watched at least 6 trains go half empty and always the first row was empty. There was a rideop at the old single rider line entry doing nothing other than telling us it doesn't exist anymore, so I don't believe it's a staffing issue! I don't want VR, I enjoy the ride for what it is now that it's been reworked. IT'S GREAT!

Early entry and the first hour at the park was extremely disappointing to say the least. I got in at 10:20, and the following rides were closed / not operating: YOLO, Goliath (stuck on lift hill with rideop taking names), Twisted Colossus, Scream, Batman, X2 and of course Pocky. The last one is down for retracking. Also when Goliath finally reopened, lots of line jumping. The worst I've ever seen, with folks coming up the left side of the stairs and Flash Pass people didn't stop them. I went up the hill and got my first ride on Superman.

Not an impressive start, but later in the day the park got going. I got a survey from Bonnie this morning, and I really blasted her on the opening rides operations, and mostly loss of the single rider line on Rev.

Early entry and the first hour at the park was extremely disappointing to say the least. I got in at 10:20, and the following rides were closed / not operating: YOLO, Goliath (stuck on lift hill with rideop taking names), Twisted Colossus, Scream, Batman, X2 and of course I'm too stupid to spell the word Apocalypse.

They really should place signs in front of the parking gates when most of the park is not operating. It's like letting people into a movie theater when they know the projectors are broken.

I get the feeling that attendance for that ride is going to start declining and one of two things will happen:

1) They'll bring back the single rider line after a few months.

2) They'll ignore the issue and keep running it with horrible capacity.

I'm putting my money on option 2.

Report for a couple days ago....

Didn't stay long cuz it was hot and busier than I expected. Superman, Batman, TC, Scream, Lex, Goliath

Superman is still fantastic. Actually felt the skin on my face flapping when we came back down the tower. I miss the forward launch, but the ride experience is so much better being able to see how high off the ground you really are.

Batman. Oh my GOD, I saw an employee do something super sketch and dangerous, and its hard to explain without visual reference for those who don't already know what I'm talking about... On B&M inverts, there are long metal bars in the station that lower hydraulically to unlock the restraints by applying pressure to a lever arm, and each bar unlocks two rows. Cut to the train returning to the station and unloading. Rows 1 &2 wont unlock, so the RO goes over to investigate. She jiggles harnesses a little and then looks up at the track, where the bar is. Then... as though it's a totally normal thing for her... REACHES UP AND YANKS DOWN ON THE BAR. It unsticks itself with a very loud pop, restraints come up, and then everyone proceeds to continue loading the train as if nothing happened. Nobody called Maintenance, it didn't take her longer than 3 or 4 seconds to figure out what the problem was a fix it herself. Apparently, this is just how things roll on Batman. I mean.... I rode and came back alive, so maybe she knows what's up, but still. That bar lowers with enough force to easily break bones, she could have seriously injured herself, and that's on top of the whole "what else does maintenance not care about on this ride?" aspect.

TC. Still great, but still have NEVER raced on green side. The blue side managed to totally catch up with us on the lift, but it slowed to crawl speed at the top and green side disengaged from the lift about a second before blue did, so blue spent the whole course about 10 feet behind green's last car. Seriously, the timing on this is so infuriating. The crew was hustling to make the trains race, but the ride itself can't tell when the trains are actually lined up. There needs to be some extra sensors or something, cuz it's ridiculous. In the 14 times I've been on TC, I've never had a race on Green track, and have only had two on Blue track.

Scream. Jesus, what happened to this ride? I actually had a headache when I got off. Used to be glass smooth, now it's like riding on gravel.

Lex. Always a blast and a half. Single rider line is the best. Got some good tower sway from Superman when we were at the top.

Goliath. Still super smooth, but the more coasters I go on, the more disappointed I am in Goliath. 255 foot drop that's a total snooze, and basically one moment of airtime on the whole ride. Helix still packs a hell of a punch.

Report for a couple days ago....

Didn't stay long cuz it was hot and busier than I expected. Superman, Batman, TC, Scream, Lex, Goliath

Superman is still fantastic. Actually felt the skin on my face flapping when we came back down the tower. I miss the forward launch, but the ride experience is so much better being able to see how high off the ground you really are.

Batman. Oh my GOD, I saw an employee do something super sketch and dangerous, and its hard to explain without visual reference for those who don't already know what I'm talking about... On B&M inverts, there are long metal bars in the station that lower hydraulically to unlock the restraints by applying pressure to a lever arm, and each bar unlocks two rows. Cut to the train returning to the station and unloading. Rows 1 &2 wont unlock, so the RO goes over to investigate. She jiggles harnesses a little and then looks up at the track, where the bar is. Then... as though it's a totally normal thing for her... REACHES UP AND YANKS DOWN ON THE BAR. It unsticks itself with a very loud pop, restraints come up, and then everyone proceeds to continue loading the train as if nothing happened. Nobody called Maintenance, it didn't take her longer than 3 or 4 seconds to figure out what the problem was a fix it herself. Apparently, this is just how things roll on Batman. I mean.... I rode and came back alive, so maybe she knows what's up, but still. That bar lowers with enough force to easily break bones, she could have seriously injured herself, and that's on top of the whole "what else does maintenance not care about on this ride?" aspect.

TC. Still great, but still have NEVER raced on green side. The blue side managed to totally catch up with us on the lift, but it slowed to crawl speed at the top and green side disengaged from the lift about a second before blue did, so blue spent the whole course about 10 feet behind green's last car. Seriously, the timing on this is so infuriating. The crew was hustling to make the trains race, but the ride itself can't tell when the trains are actually lined up. There needs to be some extra sensors or something, cuz it's ridiculous. In the 14 times I've been on TC, I've never had a race on Green track, and have only had two on Blue track.

Scream. Jesus, what happened to this ride? I actually had a headache when I got off. Used to be glass smooth, now it's like riding on gravel.

Lex. Always a blast and a half. Single rider line is the best. Got some good tower sway from Superman when we were at the top.

Goliath. Still super smooth, but the more coasters I go on, the more disappointed I am in Goliath. 255 foot drop that's a total snooze, and basically one moment of airtime on the whole ride. Helix still packs a hell of a punch.

Your experience on Batman is completely common. For some reason, the unlock mechanism is very hit-or-miss with rows 1 and 2. Sometimes it works just fine and other times it just sticks down and doesn't unlock. It usually takes everyone pushing down and pulling up of their restraints and the ride op pulling down on that bar to unlock the two rows. I've seen it probably a hundred times. So I'm guessing the ops are instructed about that.

Yes, the TC race program needs to be reprogrammed. It doesn't seem that hard to line up two trains with sensors. Also, they could get an extra 15-20 seconds to load trains per dispatch if the green lift ran at its slowest speed possible by default, rather than adjusting itself to that speed after the next

Train has already been dispatched. It's so frustrating.

I'm guessing sensors won't do anything, nor are they the problem. There are limitations to variable speed motors/drives (especially ones designed for lift hills). You can only be so precise when asking a motor to power a chain to carry a fully loaded roller coaster train over a hill.

So I will be home in January and will be bringing my partner with me to come visit. I'm taking him to Disneyland as well as SFMM. I was just curious what the crowds are like the last weekend of January? I still have yet to ride Full Throttle and Twisted Colossus. Definitely looking forward to having this experience together for sure.

the drop is just a long ramp. with it slowing down on the top it just killed whatever whip it used to have. bummer

Anyone have any suggestions for getting a discount on park tickets if I am going in October? All the passes online are only good until mid September. I have a SFOG season pass but trying to get my friend a deal who I am going with.

what about buying a pass next week during the big sale?