TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'll take that bet. Easy money for me. I don't doubt that they'll add a Super Loop at some point, and I could see them calling it a coaster, but whatever they add to make their 20th coaster will be something big and be a first/tallest/longest/fastest. My guess is a terrain based dive coaster

Nah, it'll definitely be a Vekoma Launched Giga 4D Wing Coaster with 15 inversions that circles the entire park.

i heard that rumor too!

I think that people are seriously under estamaiting the size of land opened. They could have a Justice League: Battle For Metropolis (but customized), 5-8 family/thrilling flats, 1-2 new restruants and a compact DC Superfriends kids area. This is not to say that they'll get all this, but I'm just trying to show you what they could fit. My money is on a customized JL:BFM, and a DC Superfriends Kids Area, with Bugs Bunny Boomtown replacing the current Looney Tunes kids sections

I'll take that bet. Easy money for me. I don't doubt that they'll add a Super Loop at some point, and I could see them calling it a coaster, but whatever they add to make their 20th coaster will be something big and be a first/tallest/longest/fastest. My guess is a terrain based dive coaster

Nah, it'll definitely be a Vekoma Launched Giga 4D Wing Coaster with 15 inversions that circles the entire park.

i heard that rumor too!

Well, you got that mostly right.. .all that but in a mobius circuit with two identical halves with a station at each end of the park so it doubles as a people mover

Worlds largest dip n dots

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Then we'll get the inside scoop on the giga coaster rumors.

Yep. 2 lines. One for the ice cream. One for the "inside scoop"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And it will have a total cost of $12 million, or alternatively, the total value of Six Flags America's coaster lineup.

With one half of that being Superman and the other half being the VR on Superman.

Everything else actually brought the value down.

I understand that the JLBFM ride is pretty much an inevitability at this point, but can Magic Mountain really keep up that kind of ride? After a year it'll be all sorts of FUBAR.

I still want a T-Rex. When they debuted the track on these boards they said there were 2017 plans but they couldn't say when or where (obviously). Is there another park rumored to be getting one?

I think now looking back over the clues, we'll be getting an RMC Trex and JL:BFM customized. I think people are under estamating the size of the land they have to work with and the budget they have to work with. Somebody high up in SFMM admin said that: "If you liked 2015, you're going to LOVE 2017." That just screams big thrill ride to me, and since we know they like to break all the records, what would be better than the tallest, and fastest coaster on the west coast!

I understand that the JLBFM ride is pretty much an inevitability at this point, but can Magic Mountain really keep up that kind of ride? After a year it'll be all sorts of FUBAR.

I really can't see it being too much of a problem. I rode one of the JL rides at another park and, aside from some basic practical effects, it's really just a series of video game projection screens. I can't imagine that there would be too much maintenance beyond plugging the thing in, turning it on, and maybe occasionally changing a fuse or wiping spit off an animatronic. It seems like durability for tech-heavy rides comes down to how well they're developed and set up by the companies offering the tech these days. Arguably, the problems that parks (not just 6F) have had with VR tech isn't the fault of park operations but a failure of the cell phones that they use and dodgy programming. Colossus' difficulty in dueling isn't the fault of the ops (who are usually excellent on that ride), but getting a train out of the station in time is difficult because of the way the ride was designed. These JL rides are built by a long-standing well-reputed company that, I would assume, is selling a product that's largely self contained and reliable — kind of like the B&M of the dark ride world. I know that other installations of the ride have experienced breakdowns and whatnot, but I can't think of many rides in general that don't experience breakdowns. I guess time will tell!

For the record, I personally hope it's not a JL ride but I certainly see the logic in getting one at SFMM: the GP loves them.

I understand that the JLBFM ride is pretty much an inevitability at this point, but can Magic Mountain really keep up that kind of ride?

No.

They can barely keep up the fire effects on X2 and Apocalypse, I don't see them keeping a high tech ride like JL running at an optimum level for more than a few seasons

I understand that the JLBFM ride is pretty much an inevitability at this point, but can Magic Mountain really keep up that kind of ride?

No.

They can barely keep up the fire effects on X2 and Apocalypse, I don't see them keeping a high tech ride like JL running at an optimum level for more than a few seasons

Ha! It is a shame that the fire is usually turned off on X2 as it's a nice touch, but I suspect that most of the park's energy is spent on just keeping the ride itself operational. There's a good reason why that ride design never took off and bankrupted the manufacturer. Kudos to SF for keeping it operational for so long!

The fire's usually working on Apocalypse from what I've seen, but I hear that ride is down completely right now due to the need to retrack it. I guess time will tell on how well a Sally ride will hold up but from what I've seen, they're pretty durable -- especially in high-traffic parks.

Just got home. Spent 4 hours at MM. Rode single rider of Revolution about 8 times. It is so nice without shoulder restraints. Didn't try the VR version because I didn't want to stand on line for an hour. Rode single rider at Lex about 20 times. Rode TC 4 times. TC wait was about 10 minutes. The first two sections of the paved parking lot was filled today, so not so bad. Didn't want to pay $15 for lunch, so I left and ate at Castaic. I won't be back until August 2017, because I am spoiled and will never go on a busy day again.

Riding Revolution without shoulder restraints was very special for me because I am 46 years old and I grew up in New York and loved the film Rollercoaster when it first played on HBO. I saw that film probably 30 times when I was a kid. I finally know how the ride felt when the ride was brand new.

I think now looking back over the clues, we'll be getting an RMC Trex and JL:BFM customized. I think people are under estamating the size of the land they have to work with and the budget they have to work with. Somebody high up in SFMM admin said that: "If you liked 2015, you're going to LOVE 2017." That just screams big thrill ride to me, and since we know they like to break all the records, what would be better than the tallest, and fastest coaster on the west coast!

Would be great, I don't see it. When's the last time SF spent that kind of capitol on one park? And I've seen nothing to indicate that is changing anytime soon. I'd love to be wrong (who wouldn't want a T-Rex)? But I don't think I am.

Im sure the RMC conversions arn't cheap. Iv heard in the 10 million range? You can get a nice infinity coaster or Premier for that price tag. So 15 million could get a 10 inversion infinity coaster that would set a record for most inversions on one coaster in America for MM

Im sure the RMC conversions arn't cheap. Iv heard in the 10 million range? You can get a nice infinity coaster or Premier for that price tag. So 15 million could get a 10 inversion infinity coaster that would set a record for most inversions on one coaster in America for MM

Absolutely. In a year the park decides to add their next coaster. That could be 2017, but it also could be the year after.

For all we know, Six Flags could consider New Revolution a coaster addition, meaning they'd be on course for 2018, not next year.