TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If you go back several pages, there are hints all over the place about what's going in that area. From folks who would know. But you don't have to believe it. We're less than two weeks away from an official announcement, and then we'll all know. Until then, go ahead a speculate about whatever you want. I'm just saying, don't get your hopes up for that giga coaster just yet!

I dont think its gonna be a giga..i just hope its not a dark ride. Not only does it not really go with what the mountain offers and yes some more variety would be nice but when was the last time they installed a clone...batman?ohhh, that parking lot coaster, scream and every other park in so cal has one already. I feel like the mountain prides itself on thinking outside tge box...lol, pun wasnt intended but im gonna have to claim that one and seems like a nice piece of land for that inevitable #20...

Justice league dark ride...*facepalm

What kind of name is Sally Coorperation for an amusement park ride manufacturer. That alone makes it sound, mmmm, how do i say....... Lame!...thinking Sally should sit this one out.

They are responsible for the majority of awesome dark rides though. Sally Corp. is nothing to laugh at and has been producing quality rides for a long time now.

Bonus points if most of the queue is inside which I think it will be.

The one in Texas only had about 10 mins worth of queue inside, I wouldn't expect much more than that.

The majority of the queue for the SFStL installation is indoors. I think it all just depends on the location and the space it has to offer.

Bonus points if most of the queue is inside which I think it will be.

The one in Texas only had about 10 mins worth of queue inside, I wouldn't expect much more than that.

The majority of the queue for the SFStL installation is indoors. I think it all just depends on the location and the space it has to offer.

I think your right because the one at SFGAm is the exact opposite with the majority queue outdoors.

Wow, okay went to the park Friday night for a corporate event. I used to go to the park once a week, but was getting a bit bored of some of their attractions. Took a two year hiatus and skipped the debut of full throttle, but made it for twisted colossus last year.

New Revolution

My goodness, what a much better ride without the OTSR and trims. I grew up with the OSTR and trims, so this felt like a new ride to me. It still isn't all that amazing.. but felt much smoother and better paced. The VR was pretty neat, but the single rider queue to the front row was totally legit and the ride made me feel oh so happy on the way off.

Twisted Colossus

Yes, I pretty much love this ride at the moment. I've only had the chance to ride it 5 times over two visits, but it's such a rush each time and makes me laugh while tossing, turning, and popping all over. Such a great addition to the park.

Full Throttle

I really wish this was faster, forceful, and of course longer. It does feel like a wasted opportunity, but I can understand what they were trying to do.

Overall, my opinion of the park is pretty good. They've really started making some right decisions after the addition of apocalypse. There are a lot more "Good - Superb/Excellent operators" than there used to be.. but there were a few attractions where you start to wonder how long before an accident happens.

Were those seats checked? You don't know? All Clear - Dispatch

Don't forget to grab a funnel cake on the way out.. ice cream on the side.

^^It's just a theory at this point, there's been no city plans seen like the others that are getting one for certain. So it could be anything as of now. All we have is the land clearing and the fact that the area surrounding it will be closing down later in the year to allow construction.

The best of both worlds, an indoor rollercoaster.. Never done before. Call it Magic Space Mountain. Laser lights and projections would just add to the fun.

It'd be awesome if they could fit an RMC raptor or an Intamin mega lite indoors. No chance of that happening though

$20 says they'll add a Larson Super Loop as their "20th coaster". I hope not.

I'll take that bet. Easy money for me. I don't doubt that they'll add a Super Loop at some point, and I could see them calling it a coaster, but whatever they add to make their 20th coaster will be something big and be a first/tallest/longest/fastest. My guess is a terrain based dive coaster

I'll take that bet. Easy money for me. I don't doubt that they'll add a Super Loop at some point, and I could see them calling it a coaster, but whatever they add to make their 20th coaster will be something big and be a first/tallest/longest/fastest. My guess is a terrain based dive coaster

Nah, it'll definitely be a Vekoma Launched Giga 4D Wing Coaster with 15 inversions that circles the entire park.