TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

When you arrive at the toll gate let the employee know that you would like a 1 hour parking pass.

The 1 hour parking works like this, you get a parking pass from toll gate and put it in the front window of your car. Then you park your car over by where you drop off your car for valet, valet drop-off is on the right side and the 1 hour parking is on the left. Nobody really check’s it unless you are parked somewhere you are not supposed to be. Just make sure the parking pass is on dashboard.

Toll gate close’s 90 minutes prior to park closing time. So on that date of the 21st the park closing time is listed at 8pm so if you arrive after 6:30 just head to parking lot and find a spot.

Now as far as Season Pass vs Day ticket or BAFF day and ½ off day. As of today looking at the SFMM site it shows buying 2 / 2016 passes “ONLINE” that (make note) WILL EXPIRE at end of 2016 for $89.99 will also get the following perks.

Buy two or more Six Flags Magic Mountain Season Passes and get free Parking!

One Free Season Parking Pass to Six Flags Magic Mountain

Unlimited admission to all Six Flags theme parks

Special days when you can bring a friend free

Make note this free parking offer is only available ONLINE and not available or offered at main gate.

The way you have shown you are doing it with one park season pass @ $89.99 and then the BAFF day along with ½ price day or $40 since its half off posted gate price. And don’t forget add in $20 per day X 2 or $40 total for the parking.

So buy 2 season passes for $179.98 or 1 season @ $89.99 plus parking $40.00 plus ½ price $40.00 for total $169.99.

If I were you buy the 2 season passes and then when you get back to Wichita take a field trip to either St Louis Six Flags (400 miles) or trip to Dallas Six Flags (380 miles) as the Six Flags passes are good at all Six Flags parks not counting water parks.

I think the parking pass is only honored at your purchase point location (Magic Mountain) so it won’t be honored at other parks unless you upgrade it to GOLD.

Also you will have 2 BAFF if you get two season passes so find someone that does not have tickets and “pay it forward” and get them in free as it will make you feel good and who knows maybe they will buy you a funnel cake or soda cup.

Thanks for the thorough response. I somehow missed the 2 pass, free parking option. Putting it all together I'd only save about $10.00 if I followed my original plan. Not nearly the savings I thought it would be. It would probably be better to get 2 season passes, and that way both of us could go to the park Sunday evening (I doubt we could get there before 6:30, so having to pay for parking shouldn't be a problem), and maybe even get a ride or two in.

Mark

"Bring a Friend Free Weekdays August 8-26"

Is this going to bring in more crowds? I was planning on going Aug 25th since I figured most schools have already started. But I will gladly post-pone if it means everyone in SoCal AND their friends are going to be there.

The weekdays of August 22nd to 26th should be pretty empty. Pretty much all local schools are back by then. You will just have the lovely valley heat to deal with

Thanks so much for the info. It'll be my son's first trip to the Mountain. He can go on everything between 48 and 52 inches requirement. We plan on hitting Revolution first, but without the headsets, as he doesn't care to try those. After that, should we head up to Superman, or go over and ride Goliath, Lex, and Twisted? He just found out that he can ride X2, is that still pretty crowded? Maybe best to do that late afternoon? You guys are awesome, and I trust your judgement when it comes to visiting the Mountain.

I'm just gonna keep holding out hope that the new ride is a coaster and not a dark ride. Sorry guys, but I really just don't get off on those types of things.

I will only make an effort to ride FT and Twisted Colossus whenever I visit the park, so I would gladly welcome a fun shooting dark ride over another coaster that will likely not be as good as Twisted Colossus!

Thanks so much for the info. It'll be my son's first trip to the Mountain. He can go on everything between 48 and 52 inches requirement. We plan on hitting Revolution first, but without the headsets, as he doesn't care to try those. After that, should we head up to Superman, or go over and ride Goliath, Lex, and Twisted? He just found out that he can ride X2, is that still pretty crowded? Maybe best to do that late afternoon? You guys are awesome, and I trust your judgement when it comes to visiting the Mountain.

Well I'm going to do my best to work this out for you even though I haven't been to the park since February, but have been a Season Pass holder for about 10 years. If you're not going to do Rev with the headseat, I believe there is a separate line for those riders, through the exit, which shouldn't be too long throughout the day. In that case you can ride it at any time, and I wouldn't go there first.

Instead I would hustle up the hill and ride Ninja, and Superman. OR head to the right and do Goliath, Lex, and TC. Both approaches are interchangeable. Sups will have a longer line as the day goes on, as will Goliath, so it's kind of a pick your poison. To me Goliath's line is more bearable than Supermans. TC's line has never been over an hour for me.

If X2's line is more than an hour when you walk up to it at any point during the day, wait until 30 minutes before park closing, and head there. It's a great way to end the day.

With that being said, we all know a dark ride does not belong at Magic Mountain. It's not going to be maintained. It's not going to open anywhere as well as they advertise it. It's not going to do anything for attendance. If they're really going to do one of those dumb rides I'd rather they invest in a park facelift for the 2017 season, demolish and upgrade bathrooms, beautify the park in places that need it, get that stupid GCI in the corner back together, and focus on putting in a kick ass coaster for 2018. The park does not need some half-assed over promised and under-delivered black eye in the back of the park!

I find it odd that they'd close down the entire movie district for a clone in a box. Unless they're planning on re-doing the entire area (which hopefully means a nice re-theme along with the JL and a couple of flats... lol yeah right)

Interestingly enough, that entire area in front of Riddler and next to Tidal Wave is huge and could be repurposed for either a coaster that extends over from the old stunt show area or used for some kind of DC re-theme.

One of the biggest Korean tv shows just did a show involving Magic Mountain. As a follow-up to their video of eating ramyeon and trying to do make-up on T Express, they had yogurt on X2 and spaghetti on Goliath. It goes pretty much as you'd expect it to go.

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

[fbvideonew]

[/fbvideonew]

No way this is just a JL. I also know that the Waterfront restaurant is getting demolished in September as well. So they will also have that entire old lagoon and restaurant area in addition to the old theater and the Riddler Plaza. This is gonna be huge!!! It's either gonna be a huge flat complex (Screamin' Swing, like skyhawk at CP, please!!) or a new coaster which would be awesome as well. Remember, 2016 was a low budget year for Six Flags Magic Mountain. They seem to alternate between low and high budget each year.

2016 - TNR (low)

2015 - TC (high)

2014 - namtaB and Colossus backwards (low)

2013 - Full Throttle (high)

2012 - Lex (low-ish)

2011 - GL, Superman, -and RRE (high)

2010 - nothing (low)

2009 - Apocalypse (high)

I could personally see a flats expansion like what SFOT got, a customized JL: BFM (maybe take away the shooting part) and a DC Superfriends kids area. That would mean they could have kids DC comics land right next to adults DC comics land. How cool would that be?!?!

I find it odd that they'd close down the entire movie district for a clone in a box. Unless they're planning on re-doing the entire area (which hopefully means a nice re-theme along with the JL and a couple of flats... lol yeah right)

Interestingly enough, that entire area in front of Riddler and next to Tidal Wave is huge and could be repurposed for either a coaster that extends over from the old stunt show area or used for some kind of DC re-theme.

That section of the park has not received much love really since RRv opened, and that was just really the plaza and what is now the JB BBQ place...the waterfront and shops across it are probably in dire need of upgrade to meet the parks current needs. Makes sense to remodel the whole area.

I don't find it odd at all. They are probably going to open up and connect that entire area, making it easier to go from Green Lantern, to Riddler's to Justice League without having to go around the games area.

People holding out for a big coaster are in for disappointment. The park needs other things to do in the hot Santa Clarita heat, other than coasters.

No way this is just a JL. I also know that the Waterfront restaurant is getting demolished in September as well. So they will also have that entire old lagoon and restaurant area in addition to the old theater and the Riddler Plaza. This is gonna be huge!!! It's either gonna be a huge flat complex (Screamin' Swing, like skyhawk at CP, please!!) or a new coaster which would be awesome as well. Remember, 2016 was a low budget year for Six Flags Magic Mountain. They seem to alternate between low and high budget each year.

2016 - TNR (low)

2015 - TC (high)

2014 - namtaB and Colossus backwards (low)

2013 - YOLOcoaster (high)

2012 - Lex (low-ish)

2011 - GL, Superman, -and RRE (high)

2010 - nothing (low)

2009 - Apocalypse (high)

I thought of this too--and the fact that they haven't built a completely new coaster since 2013 which seems like a long time for this park.

The park needs other things to do in the hot Santa Clarita heat, other than coasters.

Strange. That doesn't seem to have been the case for the past 45 years...

Perhaps. But Six Flags obviously feels it's the case in 2017. If the rumors hold true, of course.

Hi all,

Me and a friend are flying into LAX on Sunday August 21st, and heading to Magic Mountain on Monday, and Tuesday the 22nd, and 23rd. We'll be arriving late Sunday afternon in Santa Clarita where we are staying. We are getting Season Passes (or maybe just one, see below) since that is cheaper than buying regular tickets for two days. Since we'll get there Sunday before the park closes at 8:00pm, I thought we might drive to the park, and get our Season Passes taken care of, so we don't have to do it Monday. Does anyone know if they will charge us for parking so close to closing time? I would hate to get there around 7:00pm, and find out I have to pay $20.00, just to park for an hour or so. Is there a chance that they will have stopped processing season passes earlier in the day, and I won't even be able to do that Sunday night, just before closing?

About season passes, we were planning on getting two season passes for this Magic Mountain trip, however looking at the list of Season Pass Perks, there are two perks which it looks like we could use, and then only have to buy one season pass...

>> Bring a Friend Free Weekdays August 8-26 (one coupon, Passholders must choose one date within the time period to visit)

>> Bring a Friend for Half Price (Passholders get one coupon each month – July, August, September)

With these two perks, one of us could use the season pass both days, and the other one could use the "get in free August" perk on Monday, and then use the "half price August" perk on Tuesday. Can we do it this way, or is there some small print rule where you can only use one perk a week, or on non-consecutive days, or something like that?

I also assume that we would have to get the season pass processed, before we could take advantage of the perk on Monday, which is another reason I'd like to take care of the season pass Sunday night.

Thanks

If you really want to save on parking, you can park in the hotel parking lot next to Marie Calendars and walk to the park. I do this when I meet up with my brother and just take one car in as I have season parking. For a couple seasons I rode my motorcycle left it in Marie Calendars and walked.

^Do not do that. You are parking on private property and can get towed.

You will likely be able to talk to the parking attendant about parking to process your pass without paying...they allowed me to do that when I first bought my membership last year.

Wow... no one goes to TC first thing in the morning anymore. I was at the park yesterday and went in for Gold Pass early entry and went to FT first where I got on the 3rd train of the day. Then I walked over to TC, where I got onto the very next train which was about 3/4 full. Then after that ride there is no one in the station except two people waiting for the front row but they won't allow rerides. So those two in the front got the whole train to themselves. Then my friend and I decided to just walk around and get in line again and we got front row on the very next train. It was just the two of us and one other person on the entire train. And at this point it was 25 minutes after opening. We were all starting to wonder "where is everybody??" because they were already starting to park people in front of Scream. When we came back from that ride, there wasn't even a one train wait yet and after we rode Scream and walked back up, there was still only a 1-2 train wait and it was already 11:10. So go to TC first thing in the morning for some great ERT!

So,....no noituloveR for frightfest as rumored?

Still rumored, just not announced. The trains are equipped to go backwards and the VR can easily change to fit the season, but alas maybe they decided to focus their attention on other things... Kind of a shame too because it is fun backwards.