TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

What if it's a Justice League themed coaster? Six Flags is notorious for recycling names on different types of rides. Plus, the movies are coming out the next summer so it'd be too perfect not to capitalize on that.

As a result, I also keep thinking it might be a whole new land in some way, maybe starting in DC Universe and ending near Cyclone Bay. But who the hell knows.

After reading that they have 1 more contract with Sally Corp for this attraction, I am changing my opinion on the 2017 addition. I am thinking also that this will be the last year for the Movie District. Almost all the rides that were installed at Six Flags last year had a superhero theme. I think that we will see Goldrusher become Catwoman's Whip, Title Wave become Aqua Man, Riddler's Revenge become the repainted Riddler's Revenge, Scrambler become Harley Quinn Spinsanity, and Sandblasters become Justice League: Fight Against Evil. Then I believe that we will see a new flat (themed to a superhero) in the old Dragon Ride station, and a JL:BFM on the BAT site.

Also, this is just an observation, but SFMM seems to be turning more towards themed areas, and I would love to see this, this is not a prediction or rumor

2017: What I said above

2018: Complete Track of Apocolypse and change Cyclone Bay into Apocolypse Bay, a coastal town getting hit by an apocalyptic storm. Apocolypse become the trade marked name Gale Force 7

2019: Samuri Summit becomes Superhero Summit. Theme everything to Superheros, also include Rapids Camp Crossing and theme Roaring Rapids to The Penguin.

2020: Theme the area right by Goliath to Steampunk. Change Goliath, Swashbuckler, and Buccaneer's name and give them theming. Lex Luthor is included in DC Comics Land now

2021: Retheme the area from the front entrance fountain to "Rapids Camp Crossing" with Americana theming

2022: Get rid of High Sierra Territory (or the little thats left) and theme it to Yolo.

I know that this is never going to happen, but isn't it fun to give your ideas on what you would like to see

I doubt MM is getting the dark ride and i hope they dont, seems like a waste of real estate impo

I frankly don't understand why so many people are against receiving this dark ride. Sally Corp has done an amazing job and I think its a great addition to any Six Flags Theme park. Yea I know Disneyland and USH are right down the road, but Six Flags is a great place to experience this type of state of the art technology too.

^ the more dark rides they make, the more awesome coaster rumors die. And with most of the big coaster parks suddenly getting JLBFM rumors, people aren't happy about it, as great as the dark rides are.

Edited by PixelRush

Looking to take my son for his first trip to MM since he is now tall enough to ride most of the coasters. Just wondering if the Fridays in last Sept and Oct that stay open late for Fright Fest draw crowds? We'll mostly be there during the day, so I'm guessing that it wouldn't be too bad on a Friday?

Also, if we wanted to ride Revolution without the VR, everyone has said to just use the Single Rider Line. Would they make my son and I split up if we did that, or could we still ride together without the VR?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi there Coconut Pete,

The single rider line pairs the next 2 people in line and puts them in the front row of The New Revolution, so make sure that there are an even number of people ahead of you when you get in line, and you'll get to ride together. I have found that Fright Fest days makes the park a ghost town in the morning, but then after about 3 and on, it starts to get more crowded. Here's my tip, run in do The New Revolution through the single rider line, and then prioritize whats important. Just don't miss Twisted Colossus. Hope this was helpful

-Mr. Corn

Very helpful indeed, thanks! My dilemma is whether or not I should take him on a weekday in August, and braving possible crowds and heat. Or doing the Friday thing once schools are back in session and hopefully a bit less crowded, and cooler. We will definitely will hit up Twister Colossus, probably a few times. He wouldn't let me miss that one, he's really excited to go on it.

Why does six flags close so early...i mean kiddie land at santa monica is open til 12:30.. i swear they would make a killing staying open late, i for one would much rather not go when its 100° out and wait til the sun goes down...could even do afternoon admission like Knott's . ..everyone knows rollercoasters are better at night...most night the park is closed before the sun goes down

Why does six flags close so early...i mean kiddie land at santa monica is open til 12:30.. i swear they would make a killing staying open late, i for one would much rather not go when its 100° out and wait til the sun goes down...could even do afternoon admission like Knott's . ..everyone knows rollercoasters are better at night...most night the park is closed before the sun goes down

You're basically asking to add an entire shift to the day. They can barely staff the place as is.

Hoo, boy, never go to Europe.

You're basically asking to add an entire shift to the day. They can barely staff the place as is.

Then open later too

I got a 10 minute long survey from SFMM dedicated entirely to Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. So yeah I'm going all in on JL:BM. If there is interest I can post some of the screenshots of the survey.

I got a 10 minute long survey from SFMM dedicated entirely to Justice League: Battle for Metropolis. So yeah I'm going all in on JL:BM. If there is interest I can post some of the screenshots of the survey.

I got the same email from SFOT. It was long, and nothing but Justice League related.

The park is dead on Fridays in late September/early October... even during Fright Fest. They usually don't get busier until after October 15th. Youll get multiple rerides on everything those days. Same with weekdays after August 15th. It's probably even emptier!!

I also just took the Justice league survey looks like they're going for Justice League: the Experience as the name of the ride

I hope they don't go with that name, that sounds like a show or something. Not a high tech, interactive dark ride...

I don't see why they're looking into changing the name, Battle for Metropolis is the perfect name IMO

I've always wished they stayed open later. I remember as a younger dude being there with old friends during the summer and riding coasters at night, and there was nothing like it. The nostalgia kicks even thinking about it haha so corny. Now it seems like that feel is so foreign to me. It seems like it's not an option unless it's fright fest or busy weekends, with the way the sunset and park hours work out.

I've had the itch for golfing this summer and that has taken away from my park trips because I play like 4 times a week, and the amount of time and energy one can spend under the Sun is only so much without being too drained... but I really want/need to get out to the park and I really want to experience Twisted Colossus and TNR at night (among a few others... of all the trips I've made I'm beginning to think I haven't been on Drop of Doom at night, wow). I don't have any friends anymore lol and while I'm so used to just throwing in my headphones and listening to a podcast or some music and charging it by myself at the park (which is awesome), I do want someone to kick it with, so if anyone is ever up for a meet up let me know. I saw pages back someone had mentioned that and I think it would be cool to meet up and hang out.

Asking family or the few friends I have, that aren't into coasters like I am and them having no interest definitely has a brother a little envious of some of the posts I see that gets family to join and experience the parks with you.