TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I'm kind of shocked sites like scremscape have not heard any rumors. Usually they have about 2 or three rumors by now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I thought they were going with Justice League: Battle for Metropolis for 2017 rumor for the old Batman stunt show theater area?

I only said it jokingly, Magic Mountain isn't getting a RMC T-Rex giga for 2017. It is 100% not happening I was just echoing all of our deepest, darkest, (wettest?) dreams. It's just not happening next year.

Also, theatrical effects like the ones that Justice League uses don't fall under the maintenance umbrella, they fall to a different department that has a good team of people. Not saying maintenance doesn't have good team, but you know...

^ Can they take care of gum tagging and sticky, dirty floors?

I'm already used to the idea of a Justice League, a couple of re-themes and possibly a flat like Cat Woman Whip. This is what I have heard anyway.

Not even looking for a coaster until the announcement of either Viper or Ninja's closure.

^ Can they take care of gum tagging and sticky, dirty floors?

I'm already used to the idea of a Justice League, a couple of re-themes and possibly a flat like Cat Woman Whip. This is what I have heard anyway.

Not even looking for a coaster until the announcement of either Viper or Ninja's closure.

I really hope they don't close Viper, I would much rather see it get new trains like Ninja at SFOG. Viper is still one of my favorite Arrow loopers and is one of the park's iconic rides. Now, I might change my tune if we got a giga in Viper's spot. But unless that happens, I'd like to see it get some TLC and new trains in the near future.

Edited by VegasBaby

Wacky worm 2017!!!!! (Dedicated to Guy)

Don't I wish! A man can dream.

I would still get that credit with hands up and screaming like it was the scariest ride in the world. Cause this coaster nerd has #NoShame

I hate both of these ideas. They're actually both very good coasters and Ninja might be the best in the park besides Batman, Tatsu and probably Yolocoaster and Twisted Colossus though I haven't ridden them yet.

I'm just waiting for 2017 announcement video in order to book my flight. I have never been in California so this will be my first time, do you guys think in July I will certainly find the (probably) new coaster/ride open?

I don't know how the things work in Six Flags, but I think they never opened a ride after July.

If you've never been to California before, I wouldn't bother waiting for what is probably going to be a crappy Justice League dark ride that will pale in comparison to every dark ride that Disney, Knott's and Universal have, all of which will be new to you when you go.

If you've never been to California before, I wouldn't bother waiting for what is probably going to be a crappy Justice League dark ride that will pale in comparison to every dark ride that Disney, Knott's and Universal have, all of which will be new to you when you go.

certainly true, apart from knott's.

I'm just waiting for 2017 announcement video in order to book my flight. I have never been in California so this will be my first time, do you guys think in July I will certainly find the (probably) new coaster/ride open?

I don't know how the things work in Six Flags, but I think they never opened a ride after July.

Six Flags typically has their new rides open Memorial Day weekend, so you should be fine coming in July.

Curious to know how the S&S 4D Free Spin rides compare to the Intamin Zack Spins like Green Lantern/Insane. Has anyone here ridden both? I'm visiting Fiesta Texas soon and I'm really apprehensive to try their Batman because Green Lantern: First Flight here at SFMM is absolutely unbearable and I'm always left in god aweful pain afterwards, and I'm a pretty heathy and fit young man who can take a bit of a beating on Viper or pre-TNR and not be too perturbed by it.

I only said it jokingly, Magic Mountain isn't getting a RMC T-Rex giga for 2017. It is 100% not happening I was just echoing all of our deepest, darkest, (wettest?) dreams. It's just not happening next year.

Also, theatrical effects like the ones that Justice League uses don't fall under the maintenance umbrella, they fall to a different department that has a good team of people. Not saying maintenance doesn't have good team, but you know...

Oh well thanks Mr. Know it all wet dream destroyer I bet you're just effing amazing at parties lol

So SFMM Busted league 2017 and Knotts get's another Planter Just great

Curious to know how the S&S 4D Free Spin rides compare to the Intamin Zack Spins like Green Lantern/Insane. Has anyone here ridden both? I'm visiting Fiesta Texas soon and I'm really apprehensive to try their Batman because Green Lantern: First Flight here at SFMM is absolutely unbearable and I'm always left in god aweful pain afterwards, and I'm a pretty heathy and fit young man who can take a bit of a beating on Viper or pre-TNR and not be too perturbed by it.

I rode Green Lantern back in March, and just rode Joker at SFGAdv a little while back. The S&S rides are MUCH more comfortable and do not beat you within an inch of your life. Otherwise, though, it's pretty much the same sort of experience with a very similar layout. If you're interested in riding it again but in less pain, go for it, otherwise you won't really be missing much other than a credit.

I've heard some terrible things about Green Lantern at SFMM, and I'm willing to bet you'll like the Freespins way more. The restraints are nice and comfy and it's nice and smooth. It is a little disorienting but not that bad.

I disliked both. I guess I like Batman more than the torture machine that is GL:FF... But I wouldn't really want to reride it now. I found the restraints really uncomfortable on my collarbones, just like X-Flight and Wild Eagle. Maybe I'm a baby? Or maybe getting thrown into my collar bones and then a hard plastic seat repeatedly isn't really my thing...

I've ridden both. Green Lantern is hit or miss. I've had ok rides on it (nothing spectacular) and had painful rides on it. I got a couple of rides in on Batman at SFFT last summer, and thoroughly enjoyed both of them. It was smooth, comfortable, and didn't beat me in the slightest. I would have ridden more, but I was having a difficult time tearing myself away from Iron Rattler. Don't be apprehensive about Batman, it's a fun, well-made ride.

the way you spin, or where you spin is different. free spins are like doing a back or front flip and zac spin is kind of like a yo yo. where you are flung on the outside of the axis. so the 4d spin is much more natural and you don't get flung into the restraints. alan schilke explained that one time in an interview.

i haven't ridden a free spin but i'm excited to try whenever i get out to one.