TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Has anyone tried Takis? I finally got it as the food pass snack. (advertised all over the park). I was looking at the ingredients. I can’t believe Six Flags allows this product to be sold/marketed. They taste pretty decent but this is a really nasty ingredient not seen in nearly any other snack.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butylated_hydroxytoluene

BHT

“Antioxidant[edit]

BHT is also used as an antioxidant in products such as cosmetics, pharmaceuticals,rubber, electrical transformer oil (at 0.35%),[12] and embalming fluid. In the petroleum industry, where BHT is known as the fuel additive AO-29, it is used in hydraulic fluids,turbine and gear oils, and jet fuels.[13] BHT is also used to prevent peroxide formation in diethyl ether and other laboratory chemicals.[14]

Some additive products contain BHT as their primary ingredient, while others contain the chemical merely as a component of their formulation, sometimes alongside butylated hydroxyanisole (BHA).[citation needed]”

I trust SF's ride maintenance but I avoid their food. And eating any food before riding loop de loops is not really a great idea for me.

I recommend the hot bar at Whole Foods, not that far from the park. It's not the cheapest but it's not GMO corn with propylene glycol ...

Looking forward to seeing whether Joker is even more fun than Twisted Colossus.

Does anyone know how packed the park will be this Sunday since it's Memorial Day weekend? I'm flying into town this weekend and have a free day on Sunday. Trying to figure out the best plan to get everything in and wondering if the Flash Pass is worth it. Thanks for any info!

Does anyone know how packed the park will be this Sunday since it's Memorial Day weekend? I'm flying into town this weekend and have a free day on Sunday. Trying to figure out the best plan to get everything in and wondering if the Flash Pass is worth it. Thanks for any info!

Very packed. And a big yes on the flash pass.

Very packed. And a big yes on the flash pass.

I second this, it's going to be a mad house. This is one of the few weekends where I would say to just buy your flash pass online before you get there. No question you'll need it and selling it out is a possibility. I also recommend splurging on the platinum.

Any word on X2 and it's 2nd train? My last couple visits I saw it on the transfer looking close to finished.

I went past today and I didn't see any train on the transfer so I'm assuming that it's finally back to two train ops. They just finished frankensteining two of the trains together and they finished fixing audio on both as well so I'm 99% sure it's two train ops now for the summer.

Why is the audio such a big problem?

Also This is the first year I have a gold membership unlike a regular gold season pass like the past several years and I don't see a bring a friend free to hurricane harbor. Is that only for season pass holders not memberships?

Any word on X2 and it's 2nd train? My last couple visits I saw it on the transfer looking close to finished.

I went past today and I didn't see any train on the transfer so I'm assuming that it's finally back to two train ops. They just finished frankensteining two of the trains together and they finished fixing audio on both as well so I'm 99% sure it's two train ops now for the summer.

I visited on May 22 (Sunday) and X2 was operating two trains.

I visited the park yesterday and X2 is indeed running two trains. It was my first ride of the day and I'm sure I rode on the freshly refurbished train because my ride was fairy smooth. I waited about 30 minutes only to leave the exit and see it had grown all they way to the entrance sign. I also noticed about halfway through the day it seemed to be down for a couple hours, saw no trains being dispatched until the last hour of park operations. Tatsu operations seem to be declining heavily. They often run one train operations with 5-7 minute dispatch times and those dispatch times stay exactly the same with two trains. I also noticed they will run one train half day and when the like grows through all the switch backs they switch stations and test the ride claiming they are having technical difficulties and then run two trains on the opposite side. I don't understand their logic and would appreciate an explanation on this one. Superman is now running on the red side and I noticed earlier in the morning it was traveling higher than I ever remember the green side going and it's actually a little quieter. All other operations seem to be the same including the rude and unprofessional employees.

P.S. This isn't anything major and has probably been brought up before, but on the final break run of X2 on the left side you can see an old superman car covered by a tattered tarp. I'm still a young enthusiast so I love finding things like this.

My friend and I decided to head out to SFMM on the 27th to try and beat Memorial Day crowds, ride The New Revolution, and have some fun before finals week. We didn't realise that one of the local school districts were taking all their kids to Six Flags that day, but otherwise, crowds were pretty light. We got in about 16 rides due to our flash pass which was a life saver. I am truthfully sorry that some of the photos are not perfectly clear. I either had to zoom in a ton to get the shot, or I had bad lighting. Again, I'm very sorry. Let the photos begin!

IMG_8767.thumb.jpg.8e02a7335c077a7f7640b0c223905e29.jpg

Wow the crowds dont look to bad from here

IMG_8969.thumb.jpg.d488822483e57cc2518ea31460cb2a85.jpg

Random photo of the entrance sign. Yes this was taken at night, and yes, I forgot to take a picture of this when I first came in

IMG_8774.thumb.jpg.4a030637b02d440f893d1ae4114886b2.jpg

Yes! The New Revolution!

IMG_8775.thumb.JPG.4ff094c41852a1c83a14cf90b5cc7c79.JPG

Love the gravel sign. It looks really nice in the line

IMG_8776.thumb.jpg.9da73a385f8950f465247928131898fe.jpg

Long Lines

IMG_8876.thumb.jpg.7ed937e8847237a0d908774bbfa1e336.jpg

Mini Review: In my opinion, I wasn't a fan of the VR. I rode it once with VR and 3 times without VR (using the single rider line) and I found the graphics of the VR to be really blurry. Also, the VR really slows down the dispatch, as you would spend about 2-3 minutes on the break run, just waiting to come into the station. Also, the wiping down of the headset were really slow, to the point where I didn't recive my headset until I was stepping into the train. The ride overall though was really good and the trains were really nice. The ride was pretty smooth and the tunnel was cool, literally. The New Revolution= :) 5-6 minute dispatches= :(

IMG_8843.thumb.JPG.4fe19db8eefdb52918a74d661d6c3156.JPG

Next we hit Superman. Super fun launch! The operations on the ride ROCKED. From just inside the long hallway, it was a 15 minute wait. The ride operator was super nice and when I asked if I could fill in an empty seat and ride again, to my suprise he said yes. My friend thought I was crazy, as for some reason he didn't like it

IMG_8874.thumb.jpg.00ad40c278b03fdfcf4075eba262488c.jpg

When we were in line for the New Revolution, we made a reservation for Tatsu on our handy dandy Flash Pass.

IMG_8902.thumb.jpg.bb03414f5d5bdbe6572f13f81cff2da3.jpg

Tatsu was running great! Pretzel loop was very forceful. Quick dispatch times. And they, to my knowledge, later in day were running 3 trains. I wish I could have gotten a photo of it.

IMG_8768.thumb.jpg.9b4392eaba91086c055860b3eedc2076.jpg

Dang it!

IMG_8888.thumb.jpg.c0f1e68b6479b3d1d031edfc50cc3eb0.jpg

We hit Ninja 3 times throughout the day. The ride in the car with the black restraints was very fun and smooth. The 2 rides in the car with the orange restraints were bumpy and head banging filled

IMG_8796.thumb.jpg.b71cb74400ee97d64c0185bf1f040395.jpg

We used our next reservation for Scream. So after Ninja, we headed on down there. Sadly, I forgot to take any photos of Scream, but we rode in the refurbished train, and it was very fun.

IMG_8797.thumb.jpg.b6ebd67beeee8fcc1a206078b924e503.jpg

After Scream it was time to get some lunch at the best restaurant to ever exsist at SFMM

IMG_8798.thumb.jpg.f6fb7814f2c024bf0345bf5d48bf0989.jpg

Twisted 'Wiches! But wait, what is that on Goliath's Lifthill?

IMG_8800.thumb.jpg.4e7cc9352c72ee68497085547ca433dd.jpg

Goliath's Car! Goliath was down all day, and maintenance was up on the peak of its lifthill from about 11-5. Sorry about the blurry photo, I had to zoom in a lot so you could see the car.

IMG_8805.thumb.jpg.776fbd8d8be2573f430f85cf5688c25d.jpg

After lunch, we headed into DC Comics land with one goal.

IMG_8818.thumb.jpg.7ebbb16e3ec4b659b798e393fb79289e.jpg

To ride Batman of course!

IMG_8832.thumb.jpg.b72e459d377cb9db3d93f77f3b0fc44c.jpg

Batman in the back row was insane. Very Forceful and very smooth, with the exception of the turn into the last corkscrew.

IMG_8859.thumb.jpg.3a73a250dec06c3cd890c9bbc1ea7efb.jpg

My friend and I then ran over to Riddler's Revenge. I didn't ride, but he did.

IMG_8851.thumb.jpg.81038c86fd40a9a9f87c7a15da257e29.jpg

While my friend was at Riddler, I noticed that Tidal Wave was closed. No boats, no water, and nobody doing any maintenance.

IMG_8867.thumb.jpg.c1e68efce9d3808a4df46167f2187a9d.jpg

No trip to Six Flags is complete without riding oldest coaster in the park!

IMG_8912.thumb.jpg.05382542961fd67d5071a86f9891a4d5.jpg

On our way to Samuri Summit, I looked into the construction zone at the old Batman Action Theater. Please note I didn't trespass, I simply put my camera up to a hole in the fence and shot some photos

IMG_8918.thumb.jpg.5695f163c4dc26b1d2c0b49e050e88ca.jpg

After Viper, we agreed to suck up the wait at Twisted Colossus and ride it

IMG_8925.thumb.JPG.5a84c9ee897fba8458335b5f161aa653.JPG

I really love Twisted Colossus. I think it's a great airtime ride for the park that filled a big gap in thier lineup. Still a very fun ride after 1.5 years, and with the entire queue full, it took us 35 minutes to get on the ride. Great job ride ops!

IMG_8883.thumb.jpg.f3f70ba28ae5b2bb8f1f7fce22357eea.jpg

My friend and I did Ninja again, and then he did Viper a couple of times and loved it. Sorry, I also forgot to get good photos of Viper

IMG_8943.thumb.jpg.f4f2813c0863b2d7def1c796c9a4db27.jpg

After TC, we dicided to finish out our great day with a stellar ride on Full Throttle. The ride ops were really hustling and with 2 cars on the track and the queue filled up to the entrance of the white covering (except the big,weird gap from the exit of the covering to the beginning of the ramp), it took 20 minutes. Still a fun ride that always delivers.

IMG_8759.thumb.jpg.4420b1d523027efde1d9333e918f9840.jpg

(This photo was taken when we arrived and there weren't many people there) I would love to thank you again for reading my update. And one other thing, the crowds when we left were insane due to Grad Nite. It was so bad that people leaving the park would have to walk in the bus lane becuase there were so many people. Anyway, We had a great trip and if you would like, please feel to comment below. Thank you again

Last formal day for LAUSD students is Friday, June 10, but many will be ditching out on the 8, 9, and 10th, so I could imagine a small bump in crowds. This is because the last day for teachers to turn in grades is on the 8th, so students know not much else can happen on the 9th and 10th.

Rode jet stream for the first time in a long time yesterday...what a piece of crap! 1st our boat was flooded, like 6 inches of water in it when we got in...2nd the stupid boat drug and banged and the flume the entire ride, i think apocolypse might be smoother..3rd after all that i think i got all of about 3 drops of water on me, hardly a cool-off....shoulda kept log jammer...yep, i rather have the jammer than that half a rollercoaster they built in its spot...or maybe at least replace the boats with the logs and refurb the flume instead of a dark ride that wont work after the 1st 2 seasons anyway...ya know, since MM is so well known for their upkeep on rides..the VR on revolution sucks...hey, cover your eyes on the ride with the best natural scenery after you wait in a 2 hour line and tgen the vR didn't even work anyway...burn down apocalypse and build a record "holding" giga spanning the area from the construction site to apocalypses' ash pile...and stay open late everyday like every other themepark in this general region...end rant.

My friend and I decided to head out to SFMM on the 27th to try and beat Memorial Day crowds, ride The New Revolution, and have some fun before finals week. We didn't realise that one of the local school districts were taking all their kids to Six Flags that day, but otherwise, crowds were pretty light. We got in about 16 rides due to our flash pass which was a life saver. I am truthfully sorry that some of the photos are not perfectly clear. I either had to zoom in a ton to get the shot, or I had bad lighting. Again, I'm very sorry. Let the photos begin!

Great report!!

Tatsu running three trains? How many trains do they have because the last time I saw the third tatsu train it was in pieces in the transfer shed. If I recall correctly that was only two or three days ago.

Tatsu running three trains? How many trains do they have because the last time I saw the third tatsu train it was in pieces in the transfer shed. If I recall correctly that was only two or three days ago.

When I was there, there was at least one train on the transfer track with 2 trains being dispatched for one side of the station. But later in the day, they were using both sides, so it logically makes sense to put another train on, but I can't be sure.

When I was there, there was at least one train on the transfer track with 2 trains being dispatched for one side of the station. But later in the day, they were using both sides, so it logically makes sense to put another train on, but I can't be sure.

Definitely only two trains. They do this with two trains everyday.

Definitely only two trains. They do this with two trains everyday.

I've noticed they do this everyday as well. they use one side of the station with two trains. I prefer that anyways so I don't wait 30 minutes just on the loading platform.