TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So, going to sfdk next month with my MM pass, does anyone know if i go straight to the gate like the home park or are theresime hoops i have to jump thru 1st...everyone see the "real" joker pov yet? Looks pretty damn good if you ask me, maybe even better than TC

You go straight to the gate like you would at your home park.

everyone see the "real" joker pov yet? Looks pretty damn good if you ask me, maybe even better than TC

Based on the POV alone, I'm guessing a dueling TC ride will be slightly better than Joker, but a non-dueling ride will probably be significantly less cook than Joker.

So, going to sfdk next month with my MM pass, does anyone know if i go straight to the gate like the home park or are theresime hoops i have to jump thru 1st...everyone see the "real" joker pov yet? Looks pretty damn good if you ask me, maybe even better than TC

You can use your pass like normal for admission and parking (if gold). Unlike MM, DK doesn't have a gold pass line at the front gate. Once they open the front gate, they do rope drops into the major areas. Gold passes gain entry past the rope to the Kong/Medusa area ~10 min early, but most often you just get to go to the front of the Medusa line and wait another 10min for them to finish testing.

"Was there anything in particular that caused you to rate your experience less than excellent? Your comments will be read by the park president and the park's management team."

*writes book*

Believe it or not, supervisors and above have access to those guest comments, and they actually do get read. Keep commenting and maybe the park will start to notice a trend other than "the food is expensive and the lines are long".

Oh, I know, and I'm happy for it. I always give detailed, constructive feedback, from the maintenance of the rides to the quality of the food, and especially if a cast member gave exceptional (or, conversely, inexcusably deplorable) customer service.

There is a difference between reading the comments and being given the ability to make change from them. There are a lot of fantastic people in management at SFMM, but they will never be given the resources to enact real change.

For example, lets say you write a compliant about a terrible employee. Said employee may get fired. But when you pay minimum wage with no real benefits besides free tickets to the park, you are just being forced to replace him with someone who probably cares less than the previous guy!

There is a difference between reading the comments and being given the ability to make change from them. There are a lot of fantastic people in management at SFMM, but they will never be given the resources to enact real change.

For example, lets say you write a compliant about a terrible employee. Said employee may get fired. But when you pay minimum wage with no real benefits besides free tickets to the park, you are just being forced to replace him with someone who probably cares less than the previous guy!

Preach brother, preach!

"Was there anything in particular that caused you to rate your experience less than excellent? Your comments will be read by the park president and the park's management team."

*writes book*

I can't stand this response. I think four out of five is pretty dang good, but boy if I didn't give it five stars then gosh darn it they're doing something wrong. Truth is I don't believe in rating anything five stars or excellent as there is no such thing as perfection. There is always room for improvement and that's not a bad thing. It's actually a good thing.

^ I just usually say that the maximum score isn't perfection. It's just the maximum score. It's like making a test with 110 questions but giving the maximum at 100. So even if someone got all 110 correct, you would still only get 100 points, the same as someone who only got 100 correct.

So when I'm rating my day, I kinda go on that scale. Days that were fun but not outstanding get 5 stars, even if they weren't perfect.

It's all in the eye of the beholder. If a family has a great time on their one and only visit for the year, they are much more inclined to give the park a 5/5.

*writes book*

I can't stand this response. I think four out of five is pretty dang good, but boy if I didn't give it five stars then gosh darn it they're doing something wrong. Truth is I don't believe in rating anything five stars or excellent as there is no such thing as perfection. There is always room for improvement and that's not a bad thing. It's actually a good thing.

I truly hope you understand that you are screwing, in many instances, the employees when you refuse to give a "perfect" score. So many corporations have gone to feedback-based incentives, and most of them grade anything less than a "5" or "10" as a failure. Many firms employ Gallup to collect this info, and many of those don't do the old Olympic thing where you toss out one high and one low score....nope, you could give them a "5" in all but ONE category ... and that is graded as "bad shop".

Sure it's a faulty and dumb system to grade these things so black and white, but I really do think consumers need to realize that taking a stand that "nothing is perfect therefore I can not, and will not, score as such when grading a great day at _________ company" does nothing but drive down overall scores. In many case you may as well literally give a "1" across the board ... stupid corporate blob will score that the same as all "5s" and just one "4".

Does anyone else seem to notice that Superman launches way higher up the tower earlier in the day before gradually launching a little less higher as the day passes by. I noticed many early opening hour trains going way up into the "brakes" at the tip top before later launching a bit into the red zone of the tower later in the day. Idk. Interested in knowing the mechanics behind why that is so.

Does anyone else seem to notice that Superman launches way higher up the tower earlier in the day before gradually launching a little less higher as the day passes by. I noticed many early opening hour trains going way up into the "brakes" at the tip top before later launching a bit into the red zone of the tower later in the day. Idk. Interested in knowing the mechanics behind why that is so.

Air temp and wheel temps could make a difference.

i've never seen it go that high. but then, i'm pretty much never there that early.

i've never seen it go that high. but then, i'm pretty much never there that early.

I'll try to snag a video of it next time I'm there early.

Perhaps it is due to less people on the car? I go on this ride every time I go, and I go on it right away. I have often been the only one, or one of few on the car. I can state with certainty that I go higher when by myself, than with a full car. BTW....it is an awesome ride when alone....amazing how quiet, without all the screaming GP on it... If you make it your first ride at opening, you can always ride multiple times without getting back in line. 12 times is my personal best.

1130923325_ScreenShot2016-05-21at7_18_33PM.thumb.png.3aef38f17f43fdaa4670ef539ed2f926.png

230137235_ScreenShot2016-05-21at7_19_41PM.thumb.png.83fbb740bd82f87a9966b1b0b452df13.png

if anyone can use this, here you go. i'm not sure if you can input that code anywhere or not. on my email, there are buttons i click to end up buying. code is good for 3 GOLD Passes for 64.99. i also have one that is for 69.99. only good thru tomorrow.

Anyone know why the park is scheduled to be open Monday Oct 3 this year? (the week before Columbus Day)

My family has been planning a Fright Fest trip Fri-Sun Sept 30-Oct 2 and wondering if there's a special event that Monday, or if it might be a good day to target for really low daytime crowds? Thanks!

Anyone know why the park is scheduled to be open Monday Oct 3 this year? (the week before Columbus Day)

My family has been planning a Fright Fest trip Fri-Sun Sept 30-Oct 2 and wondering if there's a special event that Monday, or if it might be a good day to target for really low daytime crowds? Thanks!

Oct 3rd for people of faith is Rosh Hashanah holiday. Reg park hours it seems so no fright fest for that day. Will it be crowded?.. who knows but perhaps.

Interesting news! Yesterday (5/22/16) we went to MM! My family was in from Maui and wanted to go and experience the new Revy. Drove to the park and noticed buses with Cheerleaders and was like holy S*&^ this place was going to be packed. To our surprise it was very comfortable. Once the gates opened up all of us heading to FT. It was working well but once we sat in the train it broke. We waited 20 minutes and it was up running. The family had a blast and was cracking up with the ride picture.

So we walked over to Revy and noticed the line it was the bottom by the Carousel. Sign said 90 minute from this point, so they wanted too wait. After the long grueling wait we enter the station. An employee was passing a clip board around asking for our email address. When I asked him what this was for he said (the park wanted to know if the wait in line is worth it and are deciding to ax the VR System) I was shocked. They just opened this up and now talks of getting rid of it. I can see it though; dispatch times were horrible, VR not working well and device running hot!

I rode Revy for season pass preview but with out the VR and loved it. This time is rode with them and hated it! The VR went out after the second drop. So I had to pull it off and just held on to it. Made the Op’s aware and they wanted me to go on again with a different pair, I passed!

My beloved X2 beat the crap out of me and my partner. I guess two 6’2 230 pound men wasn’t a good mix. This was the worst ride from X & X2. Seen a Superman launch and it was about 2 feet away from the brakes on top, I have never seen it go that high. After that we noticed it was barley hitting the red. It was having problems through the day.

Overall the day was great! We got on a lot of rides, we got verbally abused by a lady who said my & partner and I were going to hell. I guess her gaydar went off and she was saying 2 masculine men with our build couldn’t be gay. I felt like saying, sorry we are not all twinks. My stepson wanted to mouth off but we said no….. It’s her opinion!

It was the cherry on the top of a beautiful day! Disney here we come………..