TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I dunno, man. Has anyone considered yet that SFMM would get both a T-Rex and that Justice League ride?

Given that Universal, Disney, and Knott's have all invested an assload into their parks, it seems like high tide for Magic Mountain to make a new land... Like, what my ultimate dream would be is if they opened up the land between DC Universe and whatever they call the Riddler's Plaza. Someone somewhere mentioned Aquaman somewhere for Tidal Wave and I like that.

But why not both? Why not a 400 foot T-Rex that's Joker themed and a new Justice League dark ride? Disney's adding Star Wars, Universal added Harry Potter, and all these new DC movies are coming out so it seems like a good time to make something big happen.

Do it up right!

I could see the retheme to Aquaman, but I doubt Six Flags would give MM Justice League and a T-Rex in the same season. I think MM will do Justice League in 2017 and a dive coaster or possibly T-Rex in 2019.

I could definitely see a retheme to Tidal Wave to Aquaman as seen here in SFOT. That would help tie in that Riddler Plaza to the rest of the DC Universe.

Park attendance was up for most of the parks last year, so the parks have a bigger budget to spend on rides. I've heard mixed rumors that big things are going to be coming in 2017. I don't agree that SFMM will get two new big rides. Maybe a JL:BFM and possibly a Zamperla Giant Discovery, but not a coaster and a 4D dark ride.

Going to visit today. Will report anything new or interesting as in my last visit I also noticed at my last visit the junk collection at the old Deja Vu location had been cleared away.

Quick question though. Is X2 still running only one train?

As of late last week, yes. However, the refurbished train has been reassembled on the storage track and was just missing a few small pieces, so it could go back to two trains any day now.

I dunno, man. Has anyone considered yet that SFMM would get both a T-Rex and that Justice League ride?

Given that Universal, Disney, and Knott's have all invested an assload into their parks, it seems like high tide for Magic Mountain to make a new land... Like, what my ultimate dream would be is if they opened up the land between DC Universe and whatever they call the Riddler's Plaza. Someone somewhere mentioned Aquaman somewhere for Tidal Wave and I like that.

But why not both? Why not a 400 foot T-Rex that's Joker themed and a new Justice League dark ride? Disney's adding Star Wars, Universal added Harry Potter, and all these new DC movies are coming out so it seems like a good time to make something big happen.

Do it up right!

I could see the retheme to Aquaman, but I doubt Six Flags would give MM Justice League and a T-Rex in the same season. I think MM will do Justice League in 2017 and a dive coaster or possibly T-Rex in 2019.

That timeline makes more sense. I'm just not a fan of dark rides for the most part.

And I really hope they don't build a dive machine if only because it'd just be a bigger, wider, taller version of Scream.

X2 should be back to two trains any day they are finishing up now.

Also, Six Flags has not deviated from their capital investment strategy within the last 5 years or so and there is no reason to think they will start now. So no, the park will definitely not be getting Justice League and a large roller coaster in the same season.

Question for my fellow coaster peeps. I am trying to activate my gold season pass to view my benefits and it is saying incorrect information.

Can someone tell me what the discounts are for bringing a quest this month? My family will be here from Maui and they want to go.

And I really hope they don't build a dive machine if only because it'd just be a bigger, wider, taller version of Scream.

If you've ridden a dive machine, then I guess that's your opinion, but I don't find the two rides to be similar at all.

If anything, Riddler's a bigger, taller, more painful version of scream.

If you've ridden a dive machine, then I guess that's your opinion, but I don't find the two rides to be similar at all.

I find Scream to be much more painful than Riddler, but you're right in that the two rides are similar. It makes me happy that we have Scream, meaning Riddler will not get the conversion, because that thing is about as great as stand-ups get and I hope it stays that way for a long time.

X2 should be back to two trains any day they are finishing up now.

Also, Six Flags has not deviated from their capital investment strategy within the last 5 years or so and there is no reason to think they will start now. So no, the park will definitely not be getting Justice League and a large roller coaster in the same season.

I love how you specified "large" coaster. lol

Honestly, I'm all in for seeing that big Justice League building go up at SFMM. Man does this park need places to escape the hot California sun.

Question for my fellow coaster peeps. I am trying to activate my gold season pass to view my benefits and it is saying incorrect information.

Can someone tell me what the discounts are for bringing a quest this month? My family will be here from Maui and they want to go.

Looks like "bring a friend for half price" throughout May and June and "bring a friend for free" on mother's and father's day.

I find Scream to be much more painful than Riddler.

I agree, Riddler has always been the smoother ride of the two.

Finally rode the New Revolution (with VR headset) on Friday. I was concerned I would be unimpressed and/or feel queasy during or after the ride. However, I was fully into it and didn't feel the slightest bit off at any time. In fact, I might've been the only one yelling on the ride. Once off, we noticed on passing trains that everyone's too busy watching their headset visuals to whoop it up!

What sucked: Two out of the four people in our party had their VR headsets fail on them in some way during the ride. And I had to trade a faulty headset in for a properly working one before the ride began. Hopefully these are bugs that will be fully worked out soon. Next time I get to hit the park, I'll try it without VR to see just how much ... slower it will feel.

Two other gripes: Twisted Colossus didn't open until at least 90 minutes after park opening, and I still can't get a duel to save my life. (Though, to be somewhat fair, they were cycling—and wiping down when stacked—one empty train. Someone vom'd.)

And man, X2 all but tried to buck me from my outside/fourth-row seat during the last couple of elements. I've never had an X2 ride that jarring before, not even during a sixth-row ride last year. It may not remain my favorite ride for long.

I agree, Riddler has always been the smoother ride of the two.

I've found the opposite to be true as of late. Scream has been hit or miss — sometime it's surprisingly rough, and other times it's not bad. I usually skip Riddler because I'm not a fan overall (prefer Scream), but the last two or three times I've ridden it (within the past couple of months), it's felt far more rough than I recall. A friend and I got our ears majorly boxed by it.

I feel like a better use of money, would be a new ride and an overhaul of an existing ride. ie. Viper or Riddler's Revenge. I say this because SFOG is getting new themed area and they are painting and getting new restraints on their Ninja ride.

Could that also mean they've been saving up their duckets?

And I'll admit, I've never ridden a dive machine. I'm just basing my opinion on those of others and videos. One day, though!

I feel like a better use of money, would be a new ride and an overhaul of an existing ride. ie. Viper or Riddler's Revenge. I say this because SFOG is getting new themed area and they are painting and getting new restraints on their Ninja ride.

Yep, agree with this. SFMM started all of this coaster overhaul business with X2 and Superman. Might as well keep it going as it seems to work well for them.

Looks like "bring a friend for half price" throughout May and June and "bring a friend for free" on mother's and father's day.

Thank You Arthur

I think Magic Mountain could be the next park to receive a Justice League dark ride. They have nothing like it and it's a great fit for it being right in DC Universe. Since the land is already cleared I would expect it to come in 2017 or maybe 2018.

I agree that they should give Viper the Ninja treatment with new vest restraints but keep the color scheme and name.

"Was there anything in particular that caused you to rate your experience less than excellent? Your comments will be read by the park president and the park's management team."

*writes book*

Believe it or not, supervisors and above have access to those guest comments, and they actually do get read. Keep commenting and maybe the park will start to notice a trend other than "the food is expensive and the lines are long".

So, going to sfdk next month with my MM pass, does anyone know if i go straight to the gate like the home park or are theresime hoops i have to jump thru 1st...everyone see the "real" joker pov yet? Looks pretty damn good if you ask me, maybe even better than TC