TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I will be in Chicago for work next month and I'm hoping to hit up SF Great America while I'm there. Does anyone know if I will get free parking there with my SFMM Gold Season pass?

thanks god for the parking. it's $25 there. i really like that park.

The New Revolution now has Single Rider! Just go through the old Flash-Pass entrance.

Finally! Took the numbnuts long enough to come to their senses! I asked a Rev-op what if you don't wanna wait to ride with the headset and he was clueless. Then they were sending out an empty train because it wasn't working with the headset and I was like can't you just fill it up with people not wearing the set???

I swear sometimes it feels like the park is run by orangatans.

Single rider line should include people that don't want to wear the stupid headset...sending out empty trains or even half full trains is unexcusable when there is a long line...i hope this VR crap is gone next year. I till think its hilarious that the picked the ride with the best natural scenery, except maybe ninja and want you to cover your eyes with googles that dint even have that good of graphics....love MM but the people who make the decisions there are idiots and we dont even have to mention the ride ops, we all know

Just to clarify, I was at the park today (it was pretty crowded). They do have single rider for TNR, but it does not allow for VR. It does say so on the sign if you read it carefully.

And I have to eat some crow... dispatch times on TNR are pretty bad. Even though they're running two trains, it stacks. For long periods. Due to everyone adjusting their VR. The people per hour rate has got to be abysmal.

^ Honestly, having never used them at this point in time, and from what I read,

the VR things are a waste of time and energy, IMhO. It won't last that long.

^ Honestly, having never used them at this point in time, and from what I read,

the VR things are a waste of time and energy, IMhO. It won't last that long.

the day i went, phones went dead, over heated, and wouldn't focus. that was just happened to me during two rides. i have a feeling the equipment will make the decision over management.

I saw a couple guys sitting outside a BJ's near me (in the valley) tonight trying on and having a headset that looked just like the VR one. I over heard one guy say to the other "is that a roller coaster?" My first thought was did they jack it from MM lol but Samsung are selling those separately right?

Yes. I'm guessing Samsung payed for Six Flags to add these headsets....

I was thinking that too. It make sense to run it as a big commercial for VR use...

Btw. TNR runs fantastic without the over the shoulder restraints. Feels like a new ride.

Edited by JeromyL

Btw. TNR runs fantastic without the over the shoulder restraints. Feels like a new ride.

It didn't feel sluggish at all to you? I can't quite put my finger on what's different but when I rode it a few weeks ago it was *crawling* around the track. I honestly thought it was going to roll back on that little hill before the final helix.

I haven't tried the VR on Revolution because it was drizzly when I was there, and when they did have it working, the slow dispatches produced an insane line. I tried it in Texas and frankly have no interest in riding any coaster with a VR phone again, so I'm glad they've opened up the ride to a non-VR line.

It didn't feel sluggish at all to you? I can't quite put my finger on what's different but when I rode it a few weeks ago it was *crawling* around the track. I honestly thought it was going to roll back on that little hill before the final helix.

I haven't tried the VR on Revolution because it was drizzly when I was there, and when they did have it working, the slow dispatches produced an insane line. I tried it in Texas and frankly have no interest in riding any coaster with a VR phone again, so I'm glad they've opened up the ride to a non-VR line.

felt pretty slow to me with VR. need to ride without next time i'm there.

The lift hill still slows at the top and the trims are still on. So yes it crawls around the track like before the redo. But I don't care. I still love this ride, and now it's actually rideable

I dunno, man. Has anyone considered yet that SFMM would get both a T-Rex and that Justice League ride?

Given that Universal, Disney, and Knott's have all invested an assload into their parks, it seems like high tide for Magic Mountain to make a new land... Like, what my ultimate dream would be is if they opened up the land between DC Universe and whatever they call the Riddler's Plaza. Someone somewhere mentioned Aquaman somewhere for Tidal Wave and I like that.

But why not both? Why not a 400 foot T-Rex that's Joker themed and a new Justice League dark ride? Disney's adding Star Wars, Universal added Harry Potter, and all these new DC movies are coming out so it seems like a good time to make something big happen.

Do it up right!

I dunno, man. Has anyone considered yet that SFMM would get both a T-Rex and that Justice League ride?

Given that Universal, Disney, and Knott's have all invested an assload into their parks, it seems like high tide for Magic Mountain to make a new land... Like, what my ultimate dream would be is if they opened up the land between DC Universe and whatever they call the Riddler's Plaza. Someone somewhere mentioned Aquaman somewhere for Tidal Wave and I like that.

But why not both? Why not a 400 foot T-Rex that's Joker themed and a new Justice League dark ride? Disney's adding Star Wars, Universal added Harry Potter, and all these new DC movies are coming out so it seems like a good time to make something big happen.

Do it up right!

"do it up right" and magic mountain don't go together.

Do it up right!

I could see the retheme to Aquaman, but I doubt Six Flags would give MM Justice League and a T-Rex in the same season. I think MM will do Justice League in 2017 and a dive coaster or possibly T-Rex in 2019.

Going to visit today. Will report anything new or interesting as I also noticed at my last visit the junk collection at the old Deja Vu location had been cleared away.

Quick question though. Is X2 still running only one train?

Edited by coaster_cliff