TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I've seen 4/21 posted by multiple reliable sources as the public opening, but if the park themselves havent said it they may be skeptical (or not certain) about being ready by then so they might be just leaving their options open.

386111084_ScreenShot2016-03-30at9_42_26AM.thumb.png.982aa788775c6c811414c5d63896d215.png

here it is now in print.

My only critique is that I feel the VR experience should have been done on a different coaster, if only to not "steal" the thunder from Revolution's overhaul.

I feel that Revolution needed the VR to attract a crowd. I doubt any of the GP would be running to the park because Revolution received new trains and paint. If they didn't add the VR, I could bet that Revolution would have been back to a small 10 minute wait like it normally always had within weeks of opening

My only critique is that I feel the VR experience should have been done on a different coaster, if only to not "steal" the thunder from Revolution's overhaul.

I feel that Revolution needed the VR to attract a crowd. I doubt any of the GP would be running to the park because Revolution received new trains and paint. If they didn't add the VR, I could bet that Revolution would have been back to a small 10 minute wait like it normally always had within weeks of opening

I agree. Revolution was boring. Maybe in its heyday it was the hottest thing since sliced bread, but since I started going to the park in the late 90s, it's been a total snooze apart from the awkward discomfort of the old restraints.

i was looking forward to that. lol i like it, it would be totally worth riding without OTRs and a 5 minute wait. i'm still curious how it will pan out as far as popularity in the long run.

Revolution was the first full circle looping coaster, for it's time, opening in 1975.

And as an aside, Knott's got the very first corkscrew coaster of its kind, back then as well.

Some times the older retro coasters are still nice to have around, regardless of the new technical

marvels (i.e. VR) that are currently upping the coaster riding game. They may not be as exciting

as the new stuff opening every year, but they're still a nice reminder of how steel coasters started.

And since a lot of them, at the beginning, are now considered 'tame,' that's fine for an old fart

of a coaster freek such as myself.

(Looking forward to riding Revolution in September)

IMG_0424.JPG.94eb1b37f1d03d038558524996b2a12a.JPG

EDIT to add this: Sept.1975-MMvisit. Clearing in bottom left photo is where

Revolution was to go, for 1976 Opening. Sunset view is from The Tower.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I agree Nrthwnd. I ride Gold Rusher, and have never had the good fortune of riding Revolution without the OTSR...I think Revolution provides a nice scenic ride, and will be fun again. I would only ride it if people in my party wanted to go on it.

^ To the best of my memory, in 1975, Goldrusher WAS The Big Coaster in the park, lol.

Also the Sarajevo Bobsled, which was a first for us, up where the other woodie is, now.

Edited by Nrthwnd

I didn't dig too far back into this thread so big apologies if I missed this but how is this not being talked about? Its like the SFMM thread has been blinded by VR goggles or something.

I knew this was being considered but didn't know they were rolling it out. Wondering how long til this goes in at the other SF parks. I'm not entirely certain it would be worth it since as long as you know when to go, you don't really need FP (at least at Great Adv, I have never been to MM).

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/store/season-flash-pass

All Season THE FLASH Pass

With an All-Season THE FLASH Pass you'll get all of the benefits of THE FLASH Pass Gold level every time you visit* the park. Not only will you have to wait in line for our most popular rides, but you'll also see a 50% reduction in your wait times. There is no better gift for anyone who love thrill rides but who can't stand standing in line.

Gotta love the fact that they admit you WILL be waiting in line.

ALLSEASON.jpg.0042051a8b4b3dbb95b40e91c3f18c28.jpg

Edited by boldikus

All Season THE FLASH Pass

With an All-Season THE FLASH Pass you'll get all of the benefits of THE FLASH Pass Gold level every time you visit* the park. Not only will you have to wait in line for our most popular rides, but you'll also see a 50% reduction in your wait times. There is no better gift for anyone who love thrill rides but who can't stand standing in line.

Um, shouldn't there be a "not" in there, somewhere? Just varifying, here.

What's the best place to sit on riddler

The bench in the ride plaza where you can watch people come off with headaches.

I'm kidding, Ive never been to MM but if its anything like our Green Lantern...

But I've only ridden in the back. Which I stated.

I've never gotten a headache riding and enjoy the ride but I've never ridden in the front.

Sorry, nope. You actually only stated that you never sat in the front. That still leaves something like 20someodd seats.

But I've only ridden in the back. Which I stated.

I've never gotten a headache riding and enjoy the ride but I've never ridden in the front.

Sorry, nope. You actually only stated that you never sat in the front. That still leaves something like 20someodd seats.

Well now you know.

The bench in the ride plaza where you can watch people come off with headaches.

I'm kidding, Ive never been to MM but if its anything like our Green Lantern...

This. Riddler's Revenge sucks.