TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So it looks like Magic Mountain changed their mind on the color of Revolution's loop, it's back to all white. Honestly I'm kind of glad it is because it just looks so classic.

I need pictures! Anyway, even with no source, I hope this is the case. The all-white loop is such an iconic element that defacing it with blue would cause all sorts of uproar, and not just on TPR. But hey, they've got enough blue paint to paint it blue again after deciding that the all-white wasn't good enough

I'm not big on a Giga at SFMM. They just aren't spending the type of money that would make a 3,000ft long Giga worth it. lol No thanks.

I'll take the record breaking Dive coaster any day.

Anyway, it looks like Justice League is next for the park anyway, which means we have a while before it's time to complain about the next coaster. At least until the announcement comes that Viper is closing forever...

So it looks like Magic Mountain changed their mind on the color of Revolution's loop, it's back to all white. Honestly I'm kind of glad it is because it just looks so classic.

I need pictures! Anyway, even with no source, I hope this is the case. The all-white loop is such an iconic element that defacing it with blue would cause all sorts of uproar, and not just on TPR. But hey, they've got enough blue paint to paint it blue again after deciding that the all-white wasn't good enough

I can't post pictures, sorry. I'm sure there will be various places that do construction updates tomorrow or Sunday. They have even put the frame that will hold the lights around the loop, looks pretty cool.

I'm not big on a Giga at SFMM. They just aren't spending the type of money that would make a 3,000ft long Giga worth it. lol No thanks.

I'll take the record breaking Dive coaster any day.

Anyway, it looks like Justice League is next for the park anyway, which means we have a while before it's time to complain about the next coaster. At least until the announcement comes that Viper is closing forever...

I don't think anyone believes there's a realistic possibility the park would add a giga based on current spending habits, but a dive machine isn't exactly cheap either. Those records cost a pretty penny.

And I would bet money on an Arrow leaving the park although not sure which one.

Please... PLEASE don't be "that guy."

If you are going to post something like this you should post pictures, and a source otherwise no one is going to believe you. Especially when 99.9856498746% of us have viewed the "Revolution revamp" photo TR... and we KNOW that the loop is being painted.

I can't post pictures, sorry. I'm sure there will be various places that do construction updates tomorrow or Sunday. They have even put the frame that will hold the lights around the loop, looks pretty cool.

Yes, they have put up the frame that will hold the lights around the loop. And if I am correct (which I may not be, but I think I am...) the frame that will hold the lights is actually the supports the loop, and that "frame" was constructed in 1976. . . So yes. They have put up that frame... they put it up in 1976.

Please... PLEASE don't be "that guy."

If you are going to post something like this you should post pictures, and a source otherwise no one is going to believe you. Especially when 99.9856498746% of us have viewed the "Revolution revamp" photo TR... and we KNOW that the loop is being painted.

Yes, they have put up the frame that will hold the lights around the loop. And if I am correct (which I may not be, but I think I am...) the frame that will hold the lights is actually the supports the loop, and that "frame" was constructed in 1976. . . So yes. They have put up that frame... they put it up in 1976.

it is all white again, and i like it better. but really, i'd rather the whole thing just be new white paint. can't always post pictures from just any old site on the web.

To address this rumor 1) it's not going where the Batman Action Theater was 2) it's not going where Deja Vu was 3) Six Flags hasn't spent $20m or more on a roller coaster in a long while 4) it would more than likely have to be taller and faster than Valravn (for then records) which means a TON of $$$. 5) I doubt Magic Mountain adds another large coaster without taking one out (looking at you Viper and Ninja) which would mean no magic #20 unless of course they add a 5th kiddie coaster.

The only reason I could see this rumor having legs is because it could be a very marketable ride for the park. Tallest and fastest dive coaster, the West Coast has nothing like it and people would probably eat it up. It would be a very sexy addition in the eyes of the marketing department for sure. Maybe in a year or so there will be some more potential information out there, but for now it's fun to speculate.

Personally I'm holding out for a RMC T-Rex giga but that's just my optimistic fantasy...

I wish there was a like button... i dig this

I prefer the all-white loop, but I don't have an issue if they paint parts of it blue. I'm just glad that SFMM is doing such a great thing by furthering the life of one of the most iconic and classic coasters in the world.

preach! i appreciate what they are / have been doing... no issue either way but if i had to chose it'd definitely be the all white classic look

Random question. I'll be making my second trip ever to SFMM on March 5th. I was wondering if they are still selling any merch from Holiday in the Park or if there are any specific gift shops I should look in for Christmas ornaments. I decided this year I want to start collecting them from the parks I visit. Thanks!

Unfortunately I don't think there's any holiday merchandise left. I checked a few days after Holiday in the Park ended and didn't see anything. Of course, it probably doesn't help that Flags (the largest store in the park, and in fact, according the Six Flags, the largest store in the Six Flags chain) has been gutted and is being converted into Six Flags Emporium. As it is, the ornament that they did release for 2015, which was a Twisted Colossus bulb ornament, was very hard to find towards the end of the run. I went on one of the last days, and the only shop I found the ornament at was in the Cartoon Candy Kitchen, located near Apocalypse. Your best bet is probably to look in the Looney Tunes Super Store near the main gate- they might have some sort of ornament with Looney Tunes or DC Comics characters and the Six Flags logo, but finding something park-specific might be impossible outside of Holiday in the Park.

Hope this helps! Maybe there's a possibility of an ornament being released early this year- SFMM is celebrating its 45th anniversary this year, and I've heard that Six Flags Emporium will feature all-new merchandise when it reopens (though I don't know if it will reopen before March 5th).

Wow, they read my mind! I did NOT like that blue on the loop. I'm so glad the loop is just going to be all white, I thought it looked kinda strange with the blue, especially after it's just been white after all this time. While I'm fine with the other supports being blue, I really like how the white loop pops with the rest of the background. I also think it'll brighten up a lot better at night with the lighting they're going to be putting around the loop which I'm sure will look great, even if it's only for a year or so lol.

Speaking of paint.... can we talk about Tatsu for a minute? It's looking horrible, especially right behind the nice new paint on Revolution. They should probably think about giving Tatsu some love so it doesn't stink up the publicity photos of New Revolution. Either that or photoshop it out.

Speaking of paint.... can we talk about Tatsu for a minute? It's looking horrible, especially right behind the nice new paint on Revolution. They should probably think about giving Tatsu some love so it doesn't stink up the publicity photos of New Revolution. Either that or photoshop it out.

i'd guess they know all about it, and many other parts of the park that haven't been kept up. but, they just run the park differently than other parks/chains. budget probably needs to be stretched the most economical way possible would be my guess.

but yeah, tatsu does look pretty bad behind it.

I'm sure Tatsu will get painted some time this century... As previously stated, Tatsu's main obstacle to getting repainted is that it's so tall over parts of the hillside that aren't easily accessible by something cheap to rent like a Genie boom lift. Scream, for example, was extremely easy to repaint because it's sitting on flat ground and isn't that tall.

Just for a single weld of Tatsu's track last year (one of the track joints between the first inversion and the zero G) the park had to rent out a 40 ton Champion crane. Cranes don't come cheap. I'm honestly surprised that they didn't decide to repaint Tatsu along with Revolution since Tatsu is so clearly visible from almost every angle you look at Revolution, but alas, it wasn't meant to be.

Whenever they do repaint Tatsu, they had better use the paint they used on X2, because man does X2 still look great.

No excuse why Tatsu can't be painted, especially considering it shares the same hill as Revolution. Yes it's much taller but if CP can paint TTD (in the same fiscal year as building a major new ride and painting Raptor) no excuse for Tatsu to continue to look like a faded bag of Skittles.