TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So, with the Wizarding World now open softly, I'm guessing Magic Mountain is probably going to lose a big chunk of the President's Day crowd to Universal. Might be a good day to go.

Doubtful. Universal will have tons of pass holders blacked out.

So, with the Wizarding World now open softly, I'm guessing Magic Mountain is probably going to lose a big chunk of the President's Day crowd to Universal. Might be a good day to go.

I wouldn't bet on that.

Fortunately for the park, unfortunately for SFMM park goers, in my experience big openings at other parks have rarely affected the crowds that decide they want to visit Magic Mountain. While big ticket items bring crowds for other parks, locals decide to go to Magic Mountain with their friends to get on the mega-coasters, and that's it. I personally would avoid the park on President's day.

Doubtful. Universal will have tons of pass holders blacked out.

I thought Universal lifted all the black out days in February?

I purchased a six flags season pass for the first time and my printer is acting up. Is it possible for them to scan the bar code in my email or do I need to find a way to print it out. And when they scan it can they scan it twice for my parking and my pass from the same Bar code since I got the gold pass.

I purchased a six flags season pass for the first time and my printer is acting up. Is it possible for them to scan the bar code in my email or do I need to find a way to print it out. And when they scan it can they scan it twice for my parking and my pass from the same Bar code since I got the gold pass.

Yes and yes.

Hey SoCal people, or anyone who has experience with SFMM- I'm planning a trip there is April after spring break, what is the best way to get from LAX or Bob Hope to SFMM? My hotel is right next door and has a shuttle to the park so I was thinking about skipping the rental car, but if it's going to cost me $100 each way I might look at just renting a car.

Strange thing in Southern Cal is Spring Break seems to go on and on forever and every school seems to be on different schedule. Don't worry whatever day you come it will be crowded as you just cant win.

Rent a car... Why not when Hotwire has them as low as $12.30 per day plus taxes. Alamo is onsite at Burbank and makes for easy pick up and drop off. LAX lord have mercy on your soul and your on your own. Shuttle from your local hotel (which one?) sounds great and you will avoid parking fees of $20 at SFMM. As best I know none of the Valencia hotels charge for self parking.

do not . . .I repeat DO NOT rent from them! They are not legit car rental places, they are the equivalent to the yelling car sales man on commercials. I made the mistake of going with them because they were "cheaper" and ended up putting up a 300.00 deposit plus a surcharge per day since I used my debit card to make the transaction. On top of that, it wasn't a newer model car! If you do rent a car, go with a national brand.

as long as you have the email confirmation with the order number, you can get your pass. i had to do that with my buddy who i bought his pass, sent him the email, and he didn't bring it with him when we went.

looks like Batman Action Theater is being torn down for a future development

I honestly miss the old days of the Batman and Robin show. It was cheesy to the max, but I watched it every visit.

I always enjoyed the high dive show they had there in the late eighties!