TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Wasn't Revolution themed after a war when it opened?

Yup! From Wikipedia -

When the ride opened, the ride staff were outfitted with Continental Army style uniforms to match the American Revolutionary War of 1776 theme. The ride was later changed to a Mexican Revolution theme and called La Revolución when Six Flags purchased Magic Mountain in 1979. Later, in 1988, the ride's name was changed to Revolution.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Revolution_(Six_Flags_Magic_Mountain)#History

Edited by KBrylczyk

West Coast Bash 2016 will be Saturday September 10th at Six Flags Magic Mountain and Sunday September 11th at Knott's Berry Farm! What ride are you looking forward to the most?

West Coast Bash is a theme park/roller coaster fan event where attractions are open exclusively for our event before and after the park opens! Don't miss it! More details will be available soon here!

West Coast Bash 2016 will be Saturday September 10th at Six Flags Magic Mountain and Sunday September 11th at Knott's Berry Farm! What ride are you looking forward to the most?

West Coast Bash is a theme park/roller coaster fan event where attractions are open exclusively for our event before and after the park opens! Don't miss it! More details will be available soon here!

yay!

Last 2 I've committed early just to have school and/or finances get in the way. This year I'm far more confident I can make it, but I'll temper my excitement and just say for now Im glad WCB info is up and I look forward to more

Ok ... you know that when something prompts me to take the time to actually log onto this forum and post, that it's a big friggin deal!!!

HOORAY!!!!!! West Coast Bash 2015 freaking rocked. I cannot wait for this year's event <3 <3

Can't wait for West Coast Bash and to finally get to ride Ghost Rider, cause what girl doesn't like riding a nice woodie.

oh no she didn't...

Why yes, yes she did.

Just a heads up. The re-track might not be rough enough for you

Can't wait for West Coast Bash and to finally get to ride Ghost Rider, cause what girl doesn't like riding a nice woodie.

oh no she didn't...

Why yes, yes she did.

Just a heads up. The re-track might not be rough enough for you

This is certainly more entertaining than the usual SFMM thread discussion...

I'm planning to be at the park this upcoming Sunday, Feb 14th (Valentine's Day). Saturday and Sunday are my only options as I'll only be in the LA area for the weekend before I fly to Australia for Study Abroad.

Has anyone ever been on Valentine's weekend before? Hopefully everyone is out doing lame things like going to dinner and eating chocolates so that the lines are short

Also, if anyone would like to tag along just shoot me a message, as I'll be going to the park alone and riding buddies are always welcome!

^I visited yesterday on Super Bowl Sunday and crowds were heavier than expected. Most lines were around 20 minutes, with Tatsu, Twisted Colossus, and Goliath around 30 minutes. My prediction is that the crowds will be there (don't expect it to be deserted), but it will definitely be more tolerable than summer, of course.

All rides should be running two trains (TC on 3) except Full Throttle (they might bring the second one out by this weekend, but yesterday it was on one). Make sure you get a ride on the green train of TC...it's amazing how much smoother and faster it feels.

So on the MM website, i was looking at getting some flash passes for our upcoming visit in March (1st week of spring break - oh goody).

If all the dates for the flash passes in March are greyed out would it mean they are all sold out already, or just not yet available for sale?