TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Who wants to bet money that the blue paint is left over from Scream?

Joking aside, I love that both SFMM and Knott's are thoroughly refurbing their once-great roller coasters back to their former glory. Can't wait to ride both!

Totally agree, Revolution and Ghostrider were two of my favorite coasters growing up, glad to see them getting the attention they deserve.

Panda Express is being remodeled into a generic chinese restaurant. Now your $10 orange chicken can be lower quality...

Yeah the one at SF:DK was closed on the 9th there as well, signage 100% removed. Not that I care since it was never on the dining passes.

Can anyone enlighten me on pre-purchasing tickets?

On the website you can only purchase the discounted 3 or 5 day advance tickets valid up to 20th March. I take it with Spring Break beginning that week, they only want to sell the full price tickets?

^ I actually just went and double checked that myself.

Yes, it appears that any ticket promos are only good until the 20th. Even the "online discount" tickets that are good for any time of the year expire on the 20th. While I'm sure they create a new "online discount" ticket after 20th with a new expiration date, it may not be right after the 20th, which may be indeed because it is A) Spring Break, and B) A new ride is opening. Perhaps it's their way of making more money off the spring break crowds, but one would think that you would want to offer discounts as well, so as to draw in more people into the park.

The psychology behind tickets and ticket pricing isn't my forte.

Thinking about hopping a flight out to the West Coast for a Saturday in either late February or early March. Aside from Rev being down while they do the improvements, can I expect anything else to be closed for the season? What are lines like at this time of the year? Thanks in advance!

I heard Lex Luthor is currently rehabbing and I know Green Lantern is down waiting for a part.

Hi guys, I might be heading out to Magic Mountain sometime over Spring Break (March 11-20). I did some research on how bad the crowds are and I heard mixed thoughts. We would of course also go to Knotts and a couple smaller parks. How bad does it usually get? How many trains are usually operating? I want to make a trip out to Magic Mountain worth it. Thanks

Haunt is the far superior Halloween event 1 hour South on the 5 freeway.

And Horror Nights is the far FAR superior Halloween event 45 minutes north on the 101 freeway.

Hi guys, I might be heading out to Magic Mountain sometime over Spring Break (March 11-20). I did some research on how bad the crowds are and I heard mixed thoughts. We would of course also go to Knotts and a couple smaller parks. How bad does it usually get? How many trains are usually operating? I want to make a trip out to Magic Mountain worth it. Thanks

These posts pop up all the time, and they crack me up. Forum crowd predictions are great! To be honest, even as a seasoned Magic Mountain visitor, crowds at the park are a crapshoot. Spring Break without even guessing will probably be a sh*tshow. How many trains that are running on whatever ride are also a crapshoot. Magic Mountain as far as what rides are closed and how many have 1 train operation is a gamble any day of the year. Seriously. The best thing to do for any 1st time Magic Mountain visitor that may never go again is get there early, do a lap to enjoy walk-ons, see how full the parking lot is at about noon, then decide if it's worth $100/person to buy Flashpasses to get on what you want for the rest of the day.

The mechanis, the ride ops, the management, NOBODY at the park really can tell you what is going to happen 3 months from now, and I'll tell you what, neither can anyone on here.

Have a Six Flags f***in' day!

The Family and I went to the Mountain last Sunday. First time for the kids- My Wife and I went a long time ago. I was pleasantly surprised. It was a decent day, crowds were medium to low. The longest wait times were X2- 30 minutes and Tatsu- 30 minutes. The Park looked much nicer than I expected. No big surprises on the rides. Viper was rough. Apocalypse was fun but rough. Tatsu, Riddler were the favorites. Everybody loved Colossus - it was the consensus best ride in the park. Overall a great day. Just FYI - This was the first time that we attempted to use our Gold Season pass + Dining at another Park. We purchased ours at SFOT. The passes worked well- no issues. Parking, Park Admittance and food were all covered for the day. I was curious how well the system would work and I am happy to report no issues for us.

I think they bought that blue in a huge bulk unknown to any park before it.

From some updates I've seen, any new paint has blue being the majority color.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Scream got it first, then Orient Express, then the Carousel, and now TNR.

I think they bought that blue in a huge bulk unknown to any park before it.

From some updates I've seen, any new paint has blue being the majority color.

Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Scream got it first, then Orient Express, then the Carousel, and now TNR.

Don't forget the Tornado slide in the water park

Has anyone noticed the TNR train resting in front of the carousel? It looks like one of the older Revolution trains painted in the TNR color scheme.

That's exactly what it is, they did the same thing with Twisted Colossus last year.

Although this year is a bit different in the fact that it's actually still the same chassis with a remolded interior seat (and seatbelt). They are quite comfortable.