TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Magic Mountain was a very good park! Twisted Colossus, Full Throttle, and Tatsu were my top three but I didn't have a chance to ride X2. Twisted Colossus was my first RMC, and will likely crack the top ten list somewhere in the 5-8 range. Lex Luther was the best drop ride I've had the pleasure of riding.

I'll add to this later when I am at a computer, but those are my preliminary thoughts.

Magic Mountain was a very good park! Twisted Colossus, YOLOcoaster, and Tatsu were my top three but I didn't have a chance to ride X2. Twisted Colossus was my first RMC, and will likely crack the top ten list somewhere in the 5-8 range. Lex Luther was the best drop ride I've had the pleasure of riding.

I'll add to this later when I am at a computer, but those are my preliminary thoughts.

You made the right choices.

I went to the park Saturday night and arrived around 7PM.

In a nutshell, I've NEVER seen the park so crowded for Frightfest. The past two years, lines were manageable, especially since the majority of people were in line for the mazes. This time, we were forced to park in the furthest part of the overflow lot. We spent about five hours at the park, and only managed to ride TC, Füll Throttle, and X2.

X2 rode incredibly smooth that night as well, though it seems they don't have a Halloween audio track this year. In fact, there was no audio on the train except the beginning of the ride when it left the station (If I remember correctly).

In a nutshell, I've NEVER seen the park so crowded for Frightfest. The past two years, lines were manageable, especially since the majority of people were in line for the mazes. This time, we were forced to park in the furthest part of the overflow lot. We spent about five hours at the park, and only managed to ride TC, Füll Throttle, and X2.

X2 rode incredibly smooth that night as well, though it seems they don't have a Halloween audio track this year. In fact, there was no audio on the train except the beginning of the ride when it left the station (If I remember correctly).

There actually is a Halloween specific track for X2 this year, weird you didn't get to hear it. Good ol X2...

There actually is a Halloween specific track for X2 this year, weird you didn't get to hear it. Good ol X2...

Actually, I bet he did hear it! The Halloween specific track is about 90% static anyways so that would make sense why he didn't think he heard it.

SFMM has hit capacity tonight for Fright Fest. Tickets stopped being sold late this afternoon and new entries are not being accepted! Is this the first time this has ever happened??

Oh, and park hours have been extended to 2AM!

Edited by SFMMGeek27

Going to the park tomorrow. Are the (whatever color 2016 is) Unlimited free refills sports bottle out yet?

when I was there a few weeks ago now, they only had them for 2016 season meal pass users, well the gold meal pass ones.

If its like last year, you likely wont gett them until like decemember. at least thats how it was at SF:DK.

Going to the park tomorrow. Are the (whatever color 2016 is) Unlimited free refills sports bottle out yet?

i know they are out for dining pass holders. i didn't think they were selling them on their own yet though. i'm not 100% sure though.

i know they are out for dining pass holders. i didn't think they were selling them on their own yet though. i'm not 100% sure though.

They were selling them at the twisted witches location on Friday. The person in front of me asked to buy a green bottle. The person working said they did not have the green, but the blue was good the rest of this year and next.

SFMM has hit capacity tonight for Fright Fest. Tickets stopped being sold late this afternoon and new entries are not being accepted! Is this the first time this has ever happened??

Oh, and park hours have been extended to 2AM!

WOW WOW WOW

Cars coming in after about 6pm it was gridlock. Sheriffs eventually would close off the bottom of entrance road at the bottom of the hill. It was a traffic nightmare. Not sure at what point a guest might scratch their head and say to themselves that this might not be a good idea. It was a very trying time for guests and employees and sure hope that most survived. I'm heading there in a couple hours and lets see what a Sunday, the day after brings.

^ I'd believe they hit capacity. One of the rideops told me they were expecting 30,000 people on Saturday. I pulled into the parking at lines at 9:30. I didn't get into the park (clearing parking, metal detectors and entry gate) until 10:40. They opened the parking booths late. There were at least 15 buses waiting, and letting kids off before they got in. That made the mess at the metal detectors. All lanes open but look at this picture. At about 10:30 security did a good thing. They opened the gate to the left of the metal detector and 2 guards were hand wanding guests without bags. That got me in a little quicker. I left at 3 - I had enough. I'll be back today...

975857034_2015-10-2410_08_37.thumb.jpg.4fb4f21c6a6c742a2cbca96052d0cfea.jpg

Metal detector lines at 9:50am. What a mess!

They were selling them at the twisted witches location on Friday. The person in front of me asked to buy a green bottle. The person working said they did not have the green, but the blue was good the rest of this year and next.

Thanks for that, i'll buy the blue today instead of bringing my red 2015 bottle.

Went there yesterday and it was crazy. Thankfully I spent the 45$ on an express pass. I hit single rider line for Ridler, Viper, Drop of Doom and all the mazes/scare zones by 9. (Started with the Unleased show at 6:30). Lines were often 2+ hours. Good thing I saved for the express pass.

Now that Apocalypse has both trains running again, I've got a theory. The new trains (returned from maintenance) a significantly rougher. I was at the Mountain this past weekend, and it was super busy.

My theory on Apocalypse is the sun is taking it's toll on the track. The first tunnel is very smooth (no sunlight). The flyover the boarding platform is smooth (no sun). The second tunnel always was a little rough, but it's no worse now.

My theory is that 6 Flags isn't maintaining this woody properly in the areas exposed to the sun. No big surprise there. It used to be a favorite of mine that I could ride over and over. Now that's not the case anymore. Just my two cents...

I was at MM this past Sunday with my wife. Hadn't ridden Apocalypse in 2 years, and so I was preparing for the worst. Maybe we got a good ride, or maybe because we rode in the front seat, but I maybe felt 5% more roughness than I remembered, and I wouldn't put it in the "rough" category at all. However, I did notice as I was watching other trains the people in back seemed to be jostled much more than the people in front, and the track itself needed some serious cleaning with all the oil (I'm guessing) buildup.

My son and I will be stopping by SFMM on our way home from Disneyland and want to maximize our time.

We will be there on Wednesday, November 11th and have never been on Twisted Colossus. How long of a line can we expect?

If this is the wrong place to ask such a question, please point me to right area.

Thanks!