TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Fright Fest is terrible.

The zombie scare zone in front of bugs bunny world had 1 zombie. Sinister Circuit had 3 people from what I saw, and one of them was flirting.

You go deaf in Vault 666 & Red's Revenge from all the ridiculously loud compressed air blasts. I guess that covers up the fact the sets aren't super detailed and the performers don't do much? Toyz has one neat thing (the rotating 3d image at the end of the vortex tunnel) and is otherwise completely basic and something a local youth group would produce.

The show in the magic moments theater is the super low budget public access version of America's Got Talent. The aerial performers were the highlight.

That's all I did this year since the park closed at 11

Fright Fest is terrible.

Ctrl-V to every Six Flags thread.

It never ceases to amaze me how horrible Six Flags is with their Halloween events year after year. All they need to do is look to Cedar Fair for a fair (heh) comparison.

Morning guys! I've read they a lot of tips for tackling the mountain and think I have it but I wanna clarify some things. Since its a holiday and bring a friend, the paek will be busy today? Also, since the park closes at 6 that limits the time in the park to about 7 hours. With that said I don't think I'll be able to hit everything. What should my action plan be based on that and the fact that I'm a single rider? Also, anyone gonna be in the park and wanna hang out foe some coaster riding?

Morning guys! I've read they a lot of tips for tackling the mountain and think I have it but I wanna clarify some things. Since its a holiday and bring a friend, the paek will be busy today? Also, since the park closes at 6 that limits the time in the park to about 7 hours. With that said I don't think I'll be able to hit everything. What should my action plan be based on that and the fact that I'm a single rider? Also, anyone gonna be in the park and wanna hang out foe some coaster riding?

so how busy is it today so far?

Not busy at ALL! Everything pretty much a walk on so far. Unfortunetly for me, green lantern took my phone and I had it deep in my pocket! Guess it was from all that jumping to get in those seats. To top it off I didn't even like the ride . . .

green lantern took my phone and I had it deep in my pocket!

It's OK. My better half lost her phone on The Roller Coaster at Lagoon because she thought it'd be safe in her back pocket. On an old wooden rollercoaster..that has violent pops of airtime.

TC's green train has been moved out near the maintenance tracks and it looks really cool! They must be swapping one out for maintenance in the next couple weeks! Pics coming soon.

was it the whole train you saw or just one car? one car with the faded seats?

the one thing RMC needs is, a new provider of their seats material. those things seem to not last too long. the TC ones are pretty trashed already. i did see they had replaced a few pieces on some of the trains. the pic i saw of the green train had one shoulder seat part missing. i wonder if they are already taking parts off of it for the others?

^ I'd blame that more on the horrible, horrible people of SoCal vandalizing the trains than the material itself.

Medusa Steel Coaster is missing seat material on at least six different seats right now. You're probably half-right about the vandalism though.

^ I'd blame that more on the horrible, horrible people of SoCal vandalizing the trains than the material itself.

Medusa Steel Coaster is missing seat material on at least six different seats right now. You're probably half-right about the vandalism though.

i know i think nothing of the GP doing damage to the cushions. it's the material. i've seen it on all the RMC trains in videos. with all the ones missing on the green trains, i'd assume that's where they got the replacements on the others i've seen recently.

Am I the only one who's not a huge fan of how they did the train colors? Purple/Orange, Orange/Purple, Green/Blue, Blue/Green. The fact that the colors are the same, but just flip-flopped. I mean, it's a tiny little detail, but it seems homogenized. I would like to have seen all 4 trains have a unique color pairing. Something along the lines of Purple/Green, Green/Orange, Orange/Blue, Blue/Purple. (or, tbqh, get rid of orange because there is ENTIRELY TOO MUCH ORANGE IN THE COASTER WORLD). But that's another rant for another day.

Quick question regarding an upcoming trip. Going to drive down Friday night 10/23 to go to SFMM Saturday morning, 10/24. We have a Discover card, how much earlier do we get in with that? Will we have time to process a season pass fast enough to still utilize the Discover line? Want to hit as many rides as possible in 3-4 hours wtihout getting flash pass (I would get one if we were staying the whole day).

Also, going to drive to Queen Mary Saturday night then do Knotts Sunday. Are the Sundays at Knotts dead enough to get on everything in a timely manner?

It's inevitable that 1 of the trains will become a parts donor.

More than likely unfortunately. Funny how the 3rd trains for Goliath, Tatsu, Riddler, Ninja, and X2 have all vanished. I think Viper at one point had 4 trains, I only see two these days.

Yes, Viper did have 4. Yellow, Brown, Red, and Orange. Not to mention they got GASM's trains from SFGAdv so there should've been no shortage of parts.

Tatsu's 3rd train's fiberglass pieces got stored underneath the transfer shed a year after it opened. Riddler's and X2 you can forget about ever seeing 3 train operation again. Goliath might, just might, (If all stars align properly) have 3 train operation for a few days here and there during the summer but is nowhere near consistent.

So yeah . . . Yesterday went down in history as the worst day of my life but on the good side I got to experience my first RMC coaster. The things I thought I would hate, zero g stall and the turns were the best things for me. The back seat sealed it for me! The coaster is great from start to finish. I keep seeing the word worst and this coaster being used in the same sentence. How???? This coaster is great and woe love to have ridden it more than twice but I had an entire park to experience.

Oh yeah . . . About my phone. Well, it did get flung off GL but its apparently ford tough cause I'm typing on it now!

So yeah . . . Yesterday went down in history as the worst day of my life but on the good side I got to experience my first RMC coaster. The things I thought I would hate, zero g stall and the turns were the best things for me. The back seat sealed it for me! The coaster is great from start to finish. I keep seeing the word worst and this coaster being used in the same sentence. How???? This coaster is great and woe love to have ridden it more than twice but I had an entire park to experience.

Oh yeah . . . About my phone. Well, it did get flung off GL but its apparently ford tough cause I'm typing on it now!

Wow, what kind of phone do you have? Can't tell you how many shattered phones I've seen on GL's platform.

An old blackberry torch lol. Someone got their crushed Iphone while I got mines. Of course the battery came out, by the time maintance brought my phone back, he had popped the battery back in and was like you're good to go! I had another blackberry like this one fly off the turn after intimidators first drop at carowindd. They went got the phone, it still worked! Well, the screen was cracked so I replaced it, but it still worked after falling almost 200ft with no case!