TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I just bought the Gold Pass Membership(the $5.99 one). I've had a gold season pass the last 3 years but nice to know I will forever have free parking and hurricane harbor without having to find the right time where six flags offers the buy 2 or 4 passes together to get the free gold upgrade and that I don't even have to get it processed every year. To not have to worry about that again is great.

I would have bought the gold season pass dining because I am planning on buying the season sports bottle anyway so really $64.99(the $20 subtracted for the bottle) for season eating is a deal compared to last years $99.99. Just low on money right now that I can't do that. But good deals.

I did, but I was paying over ten bucks a month.

When canceling, I said too expensive. They countered with 7 something, I refused, then they offered the 5.99. If they raise yours, it.Will most.likely be the 25 cents. They did that to me. I was waiting for this sale to cancel, but they made it easy to keep.

Did you get this deal by calling them, or talking to someone at the park?

I did, but I was paying over ten bucks a month.

When canceling, I said too expensive. They countered with 7 something, I refused, then they offered the 5.99. If they raise yours, it.Will most.likely be the 25 cents. They did that to me. I was waiting for this sale to cancel, but they made it easy to keep.

Did you get this deal by calling them, or talking to someone at the park?

I did it online. Clicked cancel. You have to pick a reason. Go with affordability one. They will give you a one time only offer, but it really is not. Decline it. They will give you another. That is the 5.99 one.

So I just noticed that the park is only open until 11:45 for Frightfest on Fridays and Saturdays this year. I actually really enjoyed staying at the park until 1:30AM.

The park website shows 1:00 AM On Friday and Saturdays and 11:00 PM on Sundays

https://www.sixflags.com/magicmountain/plan-your-visit/park-operating-schedule

Oh strange. Normally I look there too, but while purchasing the season pass, there was a window that allowed you to view hours/dates and it had the hours I mentioned.

Had a quick visit mainly to ride 'Classic' Revolution before the makeover, so I thought I would write up a quick TR.

The crowds were moderate to light depending on the ride/area. I'm assuming everyone was getting their end of the year Hurricane Harbor fixes as the park was not nearly as crowded as the parking lot made it seem. Got to the park a little after noon and had to park in the first dirt overflow lot. I was bracing for the worst, but even the ticket lines weren't long.

Once inside the park, we decided to get our last ride on 'Classic' Revolution. The line was short, only about 10 minutes. We met a guy with his daughter and chatted with them for a bit. He stated he was 13 yrs old when it opened and was really excited that it was finally getting a makeover. We got a ride in the retro painted train, and it gave its usual head banging ride, although it wasn't extremely awful.

After the ride, they were handing out the buttons at the exit and we decided to stick with the theme of old rides and hit up Viper next. It was a walk on with 2 trains running and rode in the first row of car 4. This one also gave a decent ride, some moments of head banging, but again not awful. Do these older rides just run better when its extremely hot out or did we just catch them on a good day?

We walked up the hill to check out Tatsu, but with it having a 1.5 hr line and having been on it plenty this year, we decided to skip it and decided to go on Gold Rusher since it was a walk on since we hadn't been on it all year. It gave its usual ride, nothing to write home about.

Next up was Riddler's Revenge, which had about a 15 minute line with 2 trains running and got a ride in car 3 of the train that was lent to SFGAdv for Green Lantern. It was what's to be expected, with the 2nd half being a little rough. I still enjoy that brief moment of air on that hill after the first corkscrew, such a strange feeling on a stand up coaster.

Our last ride of the day was Twisted Colossus, which was about a 30 minute wait. It was amazing as always, and I FINALLY got a race/duel on the 2nd lap which was my first public ride with the racing/dueling and it really made me miss the commercial shoot when they tried timing it. Still good without it, but just that extra special moment when you get it.

With the temps being around 101*F, we decided to call it a day. Overall, dispatches were pretty good, and I was glad to see Superman running both sides again. The drink lines moved pretty quickly and the staff seemed pretty upbeat despite working in the blazing heat. A quick question, has anyone ever seen people purchase a sandwich from Twisted 'Whiches? Every single time I've gone, I only see people refilling their souvenir bottles, never purchasing food.

Ride count:

Revolution: 1x

Viper: 1x

Gold Rusher: 1x

Riddler's Revenge: 1x

Twisted Colossus: 1x

Got commemorative Revolution button at about 1 PM today!

They actually ran out at about 12:30 (after the park president was interviewed by a news crew), and I asked the president if she had any more. She said she'd have to get some, and after about 30 minutes (in the stand-by line...I NEVER do this!), two ride ops with three tough-looking security guards came with two boxes and started handing them out again.

Make sure you get yours!

Has anyone gone to the park to redeem a 2016 Gold Season Dining Pass yet? Did you get your 2016 sports bottle?

Does anyone know? And speaking of, does anyone want mine? I don't drink soda

Yes they have them. You pick them up at Cyber Café anytime now thru 2016.

The Unlimited drink bottles are turquoise blue for 2016 and are going to be priced at $22.99.

[attachment=0]IMG_4403.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]IMG_4406.JPG[/attachment]

along with my button pic i took these of the awesome trash cans taken at about 1pm. LOL

Sadly this is what I first think of when SFMM is mentioned. I see this everytime I've been to the park.

Six Flags gets reduced prices on RMC conversions (until this year, actually, ROAR/ The Joker was the last one) for giving RMC exposure and making them what they are today. Most of the time prototypes are discounted anyway because of the involved risk, and that was the case with NTAG. The discounts continued until now, where they will cease. That's basically why SC and LR are costing what seems like a lot to us

Source?

RMC said it themselves somewhere on Facebook when someone asked, surprisingly. A lot of info on RMC can be found there. Actually, I think I'll post some stuff in the weird coaster fact thread now

[attachment=0]IMG_4403.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=1]IMG_4406.JPG[/attachment]

along with my button pic i took these of the awesome trash cans taken at about 1pm. LOL

LOL! What a great first impression guests will have when they arrive at the park.

The best thing about this is that they have the somewhat passive aggressive "Have a heart do your part" message, while they aren't even doing their part. If you're gonna have sassy trash cans, you better be on your A-game.