TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

If you have 2015 dining and are buying 2016 dining it's actually a good deal right now. You can get double food! So you scan into the park with one of your passes and then you just exit and scan in with the other pass so that the dining deals can be used on both cards. So you can order your friend's food and give it to them for free! I did this multiple times last year and it worked every time.

Genius! That's so perfect, I'll def take advantage of that! Thanks for the tip! Now, if there's some way I can pass on my overlapping gold pass (dam biometric print!) for the rest of 2015.

Speaking of food, shakes at Johnny Rockets are now on the Dining Pass!

it's been since at least june when i bought mine. i had no idea, but when i was getting dinner, the girl asked me if i wanted to get my snack as well. i asked what, and she said a shake. well don't mind if i do. pretty much my go to snack now.

Sports drinks are pretty much no better than sodas. Water is always your best option.

Just a few of many medical research articles about sports drinks.

http://healthyeatingresearch.org/database/#42,t=Sports%20drinks,p=1

It also averaged 100 degrees or so so I sweat at least half of it out anyway lol

I do have to admit that I'm surprised that the Revolution refurb is the only expansion for 2016 for SFMM. I'm really surprised that they didn't also get a flat or a HH expansion as well. Don't take this as complaining because I definitely am not. I'm just saying I'm surprised.

Does anyone know if I can upgrade my membership I purchased in the Spring to the current 65% off deal that Six Flags is having? I have a basic membership but I would like to upgrade to the deal right now to receive parking and hurricane harbor admission. Or do I have to buy a new pass completely and lose the rest of the money I am paying for the membership already?

I do have to admit that I'm surprised that the Revolution refurb is the only expansion for 2016 for SFMM. I'm really surprised that they didn't also get a flat or a HH expansion as well. Don't take this as complaining because I definitely am not. I'm just saying I'm surprised.

Maybe they went over-budget for 2015, or possibly planning another major attraction in 2017.

Maybe they went over-budget for 2015, or possibly planning another major attraction in 2017.

Considering that they opened Twisted Colossus this year, I'm not surprised at all; that being said, I think it's great that Revolution is getting new much-needed new trains without OTSRs.

I'm not sure what their budgets are, but TC was only $7 million. I'm also surprised they didn't add any flats with Revolution's refurb, this would be a perfect time to do so (off year spending-wise).

So, I'm thinking that buying a Membership would be the best option right now to avoid running into the situation next year when I'd have to double pay from Sept-Dec in order to renew my pass at the same price.

Yes, no?

Is double paying an option? I'm in that situation unfortunately right now. Would not recommend!

So, I'm thinking that buying a Membership would be the best option right now to avoid running into the situation next year when I'd have to double pay from Sept-Dec in order to renew my pass at the same price.

Yes, no?

How do you pay double? The year pass is $71.99 and the monthly is $5.99. There is a 11 cents price difference between the two options every 12 months.

You are not paying double for those months as the cost is the same; but you are losing a free benefit of four extra months. To best take advantage of the 4 extra free months; you would need to renew your pass every other year. You could get 16 months of 24 months for the price of 12. Just buy a new pass every other year in September and you lose Jan to Aug of every other year. Call that your healing time

Knott's evened the ground this year and instead of just giving something to the new passholders; they gave a free Fastlane to the renewing people so they didn't feel left out.

I'm sitting here thinking about how Revolution has run more years WITH the torture devices installed than it's run without them. I wish they would close Revolution after WCB so I could have one last memory of how bad the restraints are.

You guys, I'm sitting here thinking about how awesome it is that they are actually giving Revolution this kind of love. I think this is the most underrated SF announcement this year.

Couldn't agree more. I'm much closer to SFDK who is the lucky recipient of a brand new RMC, and I'm still more excited about Revolution which is pretty crazy. I've just been waiting for years for this to happen to Revolution.

I also read last night from a site who's information is always reliable (but shall remain unnamed per this site's wishes) that the new cars are definitely not being built by Gerstlauer or Premier - in fact SFMM is actually building the new cars in house. They're going to take the original Schwarzkopf car plans to a metal fabricator and having all the parts built individually from scratch, and then will assemble them just as they would during rehab. Not only is this cheaper than hiring an outside manufacturer to design and manufacture new trains, but reportedly these new trains won't have to go through the time consuming testing and certification of a brand new train design since they've already gone through it.

You guys, I'm sitting here thinking about how awesome it is that they are actually giving Revolution this kind of love. I think this is the most underrated SF announcement this year.

Couldn't agree more. I'm much closer to SFDK who is the lucky recipient of a brand new RMC, and I'm still more excited about Revolution which is pretty crazy. I've just been waiting for years for this to happen to Revolution.

I also read last night from a site who's information is always reliable (but shall remain unnamed per this site's wishes) that the new cars are definitely not being built by Gerstlauer or Premier - in fact SFMM is actually building the new cars in house. They're going to take the original Schwarzkopf car plans to a metal fabricator and having all the parts built individually from scratch, and then will assemble them just as they would during rehab. Not only is this cheaper than hiring an outside manufacturer to design and manufacture new trains, but reportedly these new trains won't have to go through the time consuming testing and certification of a brand new train design since they've already gone through it.

Wow, that's sounds really cool!

Awesome that they're planning on building the trains in-house! Another thing I'm wondering about is the trim brakes, if they remove them this could really be one of the better rides at the park. Possibly considered a classic like the Mindbender at SFOG

Edited by Superbatboy

Yes, no?

How do you pay double? The year pass is $71.99 and the monthly is $5.99. There is a 11 cents price difference between the two options every 12 months.

You are not paying double for those months as the cost is the same; but you are losing a free benefit of four extra months. To best take advantage of the 4 extra free months; you would need to renew your pass every other year. You could get 16 months of 24 months for the price of 12. Just buy a new pass every other year in September and you lose Jan to Aug of every other year. Call that your healing time

Knott's evened the ground this year and instead of just giving something to the new passholders; they gave a free Fastlane to the renewing people so they didn't feel left out.

That's actually what my plan turned into.

Awesome that they're planning on building the trains in-house! Another thing I'm wondering about is the trim brakes, if they remove them this could really be one of the better rides at the park. Possibly considered a classic like the Mindbender at SFOG

I agree, but I don't expect the trims to be removed unfortunately.

I'm not sure what their budgets are, but TC was only $7 million. I'm also surprised they didn't add any flats with Revolution's refurb, this would be a perfect time to do so (off year spending-wise).

As coasterkid124 already mentioned, Colossus cost $7 million in 1978. Twisted Colossus was no minor investment as Storm Chaser at KK cost somewhere under $15 million. Keep in mind that TC is much larger than Storm Chaser, and nearly double the track length. That would easily put TC in the $20+ million price range. Magic Mountain hasn't seen that costly an investment since Tatsu in 2006, 9 years ago.