TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think the issue with removing the restraints was only on the EXISTING trains. Law-wise, that may have been true. But, yes, they have been severely skirting the issue (including making the "When are you going to remove the OTSR on Revolution?" question a non-topic for discussion at Q&A sessions) the last few years.

So, I'm glad it's happening. But, will it have 3 train operation, with all trim brakes removed on the course? Trains can be in the station, on the brake run, and on the course with no problems whatsoever. The question now is, will they remove the numerous (unnecessary) trim brakes from the ride and have 2-3 train operation, or leave the brakes in?

Jeff

-Who remembers 5 train operation on Revolution, back in the day.

Gotta say though they dropped the ball with the name. The Next Revolution would have been awesome name....

It could be worse, it could have been named after a can of soda and be called the Red Bull Revolution for the next twenty years. I'd forgotten just how many rides Blackpool had named after drinks at once in the early 2000's

Or given it some weird, barely pronounceable animal name.

^I knew it could run 5, and actually had 6 trains! Is it a complete overhaul, with mag brakes? Guess we'll find out more soon enough. This is big news.

I love the "This changes everything!" line at the end of the video. SF finally says something cool, smart AND true.

Gotta say though they dropped the ball with the name. The Next Revolution would have been awesome name....

It could be worse, it could have been named after a can of soda and be called the Red Bull Revolution for the next twenty years. I'd forgotten just how many rides Blackpool had named after drinks at once in the early 2000's

Or given it some weird, barely pronounceable animal name.

Parastratiosphecomyiastratiosphecomyioides isn't hard to pronounce, you just need to sound it out.

Have I died and gone to heaven? Both Revolution AND Ghostrider to be refurbished , and in the same YEAR???

You've got to be kidding me...

Seriously! Great moves by Knott's and SFMM to restore these classic rides to their former glory. I've got so many great childhood memories riding Revolution, it's great that they are getting new trains and giving it a makeover. I rode Sooperdooperlooper this summer at Hershey with the new Gerstlauer trains and it was super smooth, we rode it like 5-6 times every day we where there. If the Revolution makeover is anywhere close to what Hershey did with SDL, then we're all going to be very happy.

On a side note, love some of the flats that SF is putting in at their parks. Maybe SFMM gets a giant Frisbee in 2017?

Not sure where I read it, but it seems they are keeping the old Revolution chassis and replacing everything above them. That's good! They will retain slightly loose/heavenly-noise-making Schwarzkopf feel (as opposed to the super-spring-tight feel of many new chassis designs).

Remember how they did the whola David Vs Goliath promotion for the grand opening of Goliath? Where a bunch of people named David were on the first train out? They should do something similar with this but with a bunch of old geezers riding.

This is so exciting! Colossus and Revolution are both legendary coasters. I'm glad to see them being treated as such with these recent projects.

Side note: Six Flags is killing it with California in 2016! I can't wait to ride Revolution and Joker!

I was hoping this is what they did for this year! Can't wait to ride this the way Anton intended for it. Gotta think SFMM doesn't get another coaster until the 50th anniversary, as that would be their 20th. Thinking maybe a frisbee, a star flyer, Justice League dark ride, and water park something or other over next few years.

Wait we are hardly Old Geezers...I was 9 in '76 and cannot even recall how many x I rode Revolution...this is fantastic news...now I need a new Q&A ? I really, really hope the trims are removed as well...between this, Ghostrider, and the Joker, I can only hope there is some magical TPR CA trip in 2016!!

Does the revamp of Revolution, getting rid of, or at least toning down the brakes on top of the hill before the loop and during the tunnel? They are very strong and could lead to some injury with just lap bars.

Also, I am curious how many people have bitched to Robb now that Revolution will be closed now for West Coast Bash!

Remember how they did the whola David Vs Goliath promotion for the grand opening of Goliath? Where a bunch of people named David were on the first train out? They should do something similar with this but with a bunch of old geezers riding.

I'm all for that!!

^^ Just TC is worth the price of WCB easily

Does the revamp of Revolution, getting rid of, or at least toning down the brakes on top of the hill before the loop and during the tunnel. They are very strong and could lead to some injury will just lap bars.

Also, I am curious how many people have bitched to Robb that Revolution will be closed now for West Coast Bash!

Just one, me. I wasnt so much bitching though as mildly disappointed since it has just happened to be closed for the last several years in a row when I was there..its often hard to tell the difference between "Ah bummer, oh well" and "omwtf you suck" in a message board post, and mine was the former.

Make no mistake however - the fact that I won't be riding Revolution at all during WCB doesn't disappoint me at all knowing that it's finally going to be restored! I can't wait to come back when it reopens!