TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

So ...Larson Loop announced tomorrow? I can live with that, because despite SF calling it a coaster, we sure could use a new flat or two!

Agree...and if they theme it right put it in the ScreamPunk District.

I don't think this is a coaster. If it is, It will be SFMM's 20th coaster. That would be a big mistake on their part.

Just over a month until I get to go to this coaster mecca. Can't wait to finally be able to debate both sides in those Cedar Point vs Magic Mountain threads.

And ride that new RMC, and that flyer, and X2, and Lex Luther... Yeah, this is gonna be good.

Manage your expectations, bud. You're visiting in the off season, there's a 99% chance over half of the coasters will be shut down.

Just over a month until I get to go to this coaster mecca. Can't wait to finally be able to debate both sides in those Cedar Point vs Magic Mountain threads.

And ride that new RMC, and that flyer, and X2, and Lex Luther... Yeah, this is gonna be good.

SFMM is a great park for thrills, but I'd set your operations expectations extremely low, or you're going to be disappointed.

Can't wait to finally be able to debate both sides in those Cedar Point vs Magic Mountain threads.

I've never heard of this. The only relevance I've ever heard Magic Mountain having in any amusement related debate has been its coasters. Everything non-coaster related at the park seems to always receive less-than-favorable reviews, at least here on TPR.

Manage your expectations, bud. You're visiting in the off season, there's a 99% chance over half of the coasters will be shut down.

It isn't a main point on the trip, so I'm not too worried. As long as TC is open.

Remove Green Lantern, put in a S&S free-fly.... awesome replacement... and it wouldn't be their 20th

I just thought of that. The park should hold the 20th coaster for their 50th anniversary for a replacement of Green Lantern. But then again, next year is Revolution's 40th anniversary. But then again, again, they might add their 20th coaster next year for the park's 45th anniversary.

My bets are on a Revolution restoration as well. Saw the lead Revolution car backstage being cleaned though yesterday, so not sure if they're setting the lead car up for a photo op like they did with Colossus last year or actually refurbishing the train which which means no Revolution restoration.

Guess we will find out in a few hours! It's honestly nice to not know for once what the park will be doing.

This is what SFMM's September 2015 calendar looks like. I was thinking of going on September 23 (Wednesday). But how weird is it that they're open on a random Wednesday, but not any other weekdays? I'll call to double check, but thought I would check here in case anyone has any insight.

2144220190_ScreenShot2015-09-02at9_00_55PM.png.f50510eb7a573994d1b5838337f1ae93.png

This is what SFMM's September 2015 calendar looks like. I was thinking of going on September 23 (Wednesday). But how weird is it that they're open on a random Wednesday, but not any other weekdays? I'll call to double check, but thought I would check here in case anyone has any insight.

Pretty certain is a Jewish Holiday such as Yom Kipper or Rosh Hashanah

^

^^

Ah, thanks! Hopefully it won't be too busy since it's such an odd day to be open. Then again, if a lot of schools are closed because of the holiday, it could be quite the opposite...

As previously stated in this thread, there are a lot of Hebrew/Jewish Schools with a lot of students that will be off that day. Who knows how it will be depending on the weather too.

^All I know is the first place every Jew wants to go after Temple is Six Flags Magic Mountain. Ask Joey. I think it's actually a Los Angeles Jewish by law. Here in Nashville they all descend upon the Grand Ole Opry. You ain't heard country music till you heard Yiddish Country. Mazeltov! Straight outta tha trailer park!

^All I know is the first place every Jew wants to go after Temple is Six Flags Magic Mountain. Ask Joey. I think it's actually a Los Angeles Jewish by law. Here in Nashville they all descend upon the Grand Ole Opry. You ain't heard country music till you heard Yiddish Country. Mazeltov! Straight outta tha trailer park!

Turkey legs and Churros are kosher, so....