TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Hello guys,

I live in UK and I will be at SFMM on the 12th, 13th and 14th of September (Saturday, Sunday and Monday). Since this is my first time there, I would like to know if what I am planning to do is right or not:

* I will get the platinum flash pass for the Saturday and Sunday, and no flash pass for Monday. Is it a wise choice? How effective the flass pass is on the waiting time reduction?

* How much I have to pay on top to ride X2?

* any rides to avoid?

* Any specific ride to go on first?

* Which documents I will need to get the season pass at the park?

Thank you very much for your help

Hello guys,

I live in UK and I will be at SFMM on the 12th, 13th and 14th of September (Saturday, Sunday and Monday). Since this is my first time there, I would like to know if what I am planning to do is right or not:

* I will get the platinum flash pass for the Saturday and Sunday, and no flash pass for Monday. Is it a wise choice? How effective the flass pass is on the waiting time reduction?

* any rides to avoid?

Oh, well TPR's West Coast Bash is on September 12th, so many of us (including me) will see you there that day

You probably won't need a flash pass for Sunday and you definitely won't need one for Monday. Saturday even I don't think so, maybe, but as always I'd wait until you get to the park and see the crowds to make that decision. Nothing worse than prepaying a flash pass and then finding the park empty and you've wasted your money. X2 was a $10 upcharge per person per ride last I checked. Twisted Colossus is $30. With regular flash pass you will probably find 30-50min waits until your ride is ready, with gold it averages around 10-15, platinum is usually the same around 10-15 despite what the website says. Only get platinum if you really want to skip the line on Superman or F.ull Throttle (which require platinum but isnt an upcharge), buy a reservation for Twisted Colossus, or do double-rides on some coasters without getting up. Otherwise get gold.

There's really nothing at the park that I would say to outright avoid assuming it's your first time on all these coasters. Green Lantern is really polarizing, meaning you might really love it or you might really hate it, but if you've never done a ZacSpin coaster, you should do it at least once just to try it even if you never ride it again, there aren't too many of them. I'd start out on either Twisted Colossus or F.ull Throttle in the morning, those are the two that keep the most consistent waits throughout the day. Since you're doing three days you can do Twisted Colossus first one day, FT first another day, and maybe X2 first the third day (if it's open, often it doesn't open right away). If you're getting a gold pass, you can get in the park 10 minutes early. If you head to Twisted Colossus at 10:20 on Saturday you will definitely run into me, because that's where I'll be at that time

All you need to get your season pass processed is the paper voucher that you print out. They will scan it right at the gate, scan your finger, and hand you a card. If you want to get a head start and get in fast, even if you have gold pass early entry, arrive at the gates at least 45-60 minutes before the park opens to get a spot in the front of the line. Sometimes even the gold pass early entry line can be so long that the end of the line doesn't get in before the main lines get let in!

Hello guys,

* any rides to avoid?

You won't be going to the park on Monday the 14th, because the park is CLOSED that day.

Hello guys,

* any rides to avoid?

Oh, well TPR's West Coast Bash is on September 12th, so many of us (including me) will see you there that day

You probably won't need a flash pass for Sunday and you definitely won't need one for Monday. Saturday even I don't think so, maybe, but as always I'd wait until you get to the park and see the crowds to make that decision. Nothing worse than prepaying a flash pass and then finding the park empty and you've wasted your money. X2 was a $10 upcharge per person per ride last I checked. Twisted Colossus is $30. With regular flash pass you will probably find 30-50min waits until your ride is ready, with gold it averages around 10-15, platinum is usually the same around 10-15 despite what the website says. Only get platinum if you really want to skip the line on Superman or F.ull Throttle (which require platinum but isnt an upcharge), buy a reservation for Twisted Colossus, or do double-rides on some coasters without getting up. Otherwise get gold.

There's really nothing at the park that I would say to outright avoid assuming it's your first time on all these coasters. Green Lantern is really polarizing, meaning you might really love it or you might really hate it, but if you've never done a ZacSpin coaster, you should do it at least once just to try it even if you never ride it again, there aren't too many of them. I'd start out on either Twisted Colossus or F.ull Throttle in the morning, those are the two that keep the most consistent waits throughout the day. Since you're doing three days you can do Twisted Colossus first one day, FT first another day, and maybe X2 first the third day (if it's open, often it doesn't open right away). If you're getting a gold pass, you can get in the park 10 minutes early. If you head to Twisted Colossus at 10:20 on Saturday you will definitely run into me, because that's where I'll be at that time

All you need to get your season pass processed is the paper voucher that you print out. They will scan it right at the gate, scan your finger, and hand you a card. If you want to get a head start and get in fast, even if you have gold pass early entry, arrive at the gates at least 45-60 minutes before the park opens to get a spot in the front of the line. Sometimes even the gold pass early entry line can be so long that the end of the line doesn't get in before the main lines get let in!

Thank you very much for your help It's really appreciated...

I am quite new on Roller Coasters, Haven't done nothing Impressive... The biggest ones I have ever been were:

* Shambalah (Portaventura - Spain)

* Dragon Khan (Portaventura - Spain)

* Furious Baco (Portaventura - Spain)

* Nemesis Inferno, Stealth, Swarm, Colossus and Saw (Thorpe Park)

I am very anxious to visit a park such as SFMM And your reply was really useful. I will get the platinum for the saturday, and check the conditions on the park on the other days

Thank you ever so much

That's me again

So, even with the Platinum Flash Pass I have to pay 30US$ to skip the queue? If that's the case... Then it's not a good deal

Yeah for X2 and Twisted Colossus you have to pay for a single reservation for a one time skip the line pass. $10 per person per ride for X2 and $30 per person per ride for Twisted Colossus.

I don't like that deal either, my advice is just do Twisted Colossus first in the morning before there's a line, and X2 you can either do first on another day or go to X2 at bout 4:30-5:00 in the afternoon. So many people ride it first that the line tends to shorten dramatically around that time.

SIVEL TON2, if you're going to be at SFMM the same day as West Coast Bash already, and are a member of this site, I think you're eligible to do the WCB that day. I would imagine that's cheaper than getting a Flash Pass anyway, and you'll get many more rides on all the coasters they do Exclusive Ride Time on! That should definitely make the rest of your day easier! Check out the link at the top of the page if you're interested!

SIVEL TON2, if you're going to be at SFMM the same day as West Coast Bash already, and are a member of this site, I think you're eligible to do the WCB that day. I would imagine that's cheaper than getting a Flash Pass anyway, and you'll get many more rides on all the coasters they do Exclusive Ride Time on! That should definitely make the rest of your day easier! Check out the link at the top of the page if you're interested!

Thats actually a really good point. For $60 (assuming you're still buying a season pass) you can buy a ticket to West Coast Bash which runs from 8:30am to 11:00pm on Saturday Sept. 12th. With that you get 2 hours before and after the park to ride 5 or 6 coasters with only other WCB attendees plus breakfast, lunch, Q&A with park management, and anything else Robb might think of between now and then. The coasters you can ride before the park opens are currently scheduled to be Twisted Colossus, F.ull Throttle, Goliath, Scream, and Lex Luthor (I know not a coaster). The ones open after the park closes for us will be Twisted Colossus, X2, Superman, Tatsu, and Viper.

If you buy the WCB ticket, you can ride all of those as much as you want leaving only the coasters not mentioned to ride during normal hours so you shouldn't need a flash pass.

You should buy it soon though, because tickets are close to selling out.

That's me again

So, even with the Platinum Flash Pass I have to pay 30US$ to skip the queue? If that's the case... Then it's not a good deal

Yeah for X2 and Twisted Colossus you have to pay for a single reservation for a one time skip the line pass. $10 per person per ride for X2 and $30 per person per ride for Twisted Colossus.

I don't like that deal either, my advice is just do Twisted Colossus first in the morning before there's a line, and X2 you can either do first on another day or go to X2 at bout 4:30-5:00 in the afternoon. So many people ride it first that the line tends to shorten dramatically around that time.

Twisted Colossus is not an upcharge on the Platinum Flash Pass. You get a one time reservation on the Platinum, just like Superman and FT. X2 is still a $10 upcharge, but I would just recommend doing X2 as soon as the park opens and then get your Flash Pass.

Twisted Colossus is not an upcharge on the Platinum Flash Pass. You get a one time reservation on the Platinum, just like Superman and FT. X2 is still a $10 upcharge, but I would just recommend doing X2 as soon as the park opens and then get your Flash Pass.
Oh nice, I didn't know that, re: TC I was just going by what another user here said as I haven't been to the park since TC opened. That actually makes the Platinum pass a better deal at least on busy days.

I would recommend SIVEL TON2 just buy a WCB ticket though, then he can ride TC, X2, and YOLO with us all he wants for less than the price of the Flash Pass. He'll have a much better time and save money in the process.

SIVEL TON2 if you're not familiar with it yet, the "ERT" or "Exclusive Ride Time" sessions before and after the park mean that the park is open only for attendees of the TPR event. There will only be a couple hundred people across the 4 or 5 rides open that time, so that means you can essentially just ride over and over...it's much better than a Flash Pass!

Yeah, if you are going to the park on the day of West Coast Bash, it seems like a no-brainer to sign up for West Coast Bash!

still want to get a gold flash pass for the WCB day, yea? how are lines?

Hello all

I have the tickets for the WCB

Since I live in UK, will I receive it here? Or should I collect them somewhere?

See you all there

Everyone gets their tickets at check in the morning of the event. A detailed email will go out before the event with exact times, places, and more info.

Yeah, if you are going to the park on the day of West Coast Bash, it seems like a no-brainer to sign up for West Coast Bash!

I wouldn't expect it to be terribly busy as it's just after they go back to weekend-only operation. If you really want to go nuts, thats your prerogative, but I doubt it will be necessary especially since we will have ERT on most of the coasters with the longest lines, and 2 of the ones that we don't have ERT on have single rider lines.

SIVELTON2 - woohoo, see ya there!

I wouldn't expect it to be terribly busy as it's just after they go back to weekend-only operation. If you really want to go nuts, thats your prerogative, but I doubt it will be necessary especially since we will have ERT on most of the coasters with the longest lines, and 2 of the ones that we don't have ERT on have single rider lines.

SIVELTON2 - woohoo, see ya there!

it's also, Hallelujah Jubilee day. so not sure how much that adds to attendance. i'm expecting it to be fairly crowded. i'll be sleeping somewhere during the day though.

Hello all

I have the tickets for the WCB

Since I live in UK, will I receive it here? Or should I collect them somewhere?

See you all there

Good choice, sir! I think you are going to have an amazing time there, and will get far more rides in on all the big coasters than you likely would have even with Flash Pass (and free breakfast and lunch), in addition to getting to connect with a bunch of fellow amusement park enthusiasts! That's a win/win/win! In fact, if you get the park thoroughly done that one day, you may want to experience other parks, or other So-Cal attractions on the next two days instead of SFMM. At least it gives you options! Enjoy!