TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I really do hope they do something with Deja Vu's spot, it's saddens me everytime still seeing the footers there.

Yup me too.

But I think I'm outside the circle in saying Deja Vu was one of my 5 favorite rides in the park and not only was I sad to see it go the abandoned plot of land and remaining footers don't make it any easier.

Agreed. The park had Deja Vu's maintenance down to a science.

It's the only location that actually had a consistently working GIB. With that said, how on earth does Silverwood keep 6FGAm's old DejaVu working so well. It says a lot about the maintenance department up there in Idaho. You could argue that the winters are horrible there in the Great Lakes region, but honestly, they have some pretty harsh weather in the Pacific Northwest as well. If not consistently more harsh.

1. How busy is it likely to be on the day we are going, has anyone any experience of past Columbus Days?

2. Should we invest in the Fast Passes, if so which one would you recommend?

3. Are most rides open at this time of year or do they tend to have rides closed for maintenance in the quieter season?

4. The website says it opens at 10:30, is that ride open time or park open time i.e. can you get there and walk around prior to the rides officially opening?

5. Is the valet parking worth paying the extra for or would you just use normal parking?

Also if there are any other hints and tips you can provide for us, that would be really appreciated.

1. Its a lighter day compared to the rest of October since theres no fright fest that day.

2. With Flash Pass always budget for it but never purchase it ahead of time. Wait until you get there, and if you find the wait times unacceptable, then purchase the pass at the park. I usually recommend the Gold flash pass for the reduced wait times. If you reserve your next ride immediately after checking in, it's almost always ready by the time you get there. Only get the platinum if the following are priorities for you: Double-Rides without getting up (Only on some coasters), Superman (Watch out the flash pass merges only about halfway into the building, still a bit of a line on busy days), F.ull T.hrottle, and being able to purchase one time skip-the-line appointments for X2 or Twisted Colossus. I believe X2 is $10 per person per ride and TC is $30 per person per ride.

3. Most rides have more than one vehicle, so even if there is maintenance the ride will still be open but you may encounter one train operation, which obviously results in longer lines. The most notable major exception is Lex Luthor, which just recently reopened after being down for repair, so I doubt it will be going down again soon. I believe Ive heard Riddlers Revenge and Ninja were recently running one-train ops, but they might be back to two by the time you visit. Sky Tower is SBNO and will be for the forseeable future if not forever.

4. 10:30 is park gates open and rides open, at least thats whats scheduled. Sometimes they fail. X2 has a reputation for frequently opening late.

5. I would only pay for valet parking if you have someone with mobility issues, otherwise just get there early and get a good close spot.

If you have a small group, you can use the Single Rider lines on Viper, Revolution, Green Lantern, Riddler's Revenge, and Lex Luthor. Twisted Colossus had one, but I heard they discontinued it. With Single Rider lines you probably won't sit next to your party, but you can get on the ride much faster, especially on Green Lantern and Riddler's Revenge. If Riddler's is still on one-train operations when you get there then I'd say use the single rider line regardless of your group size, and you'll still all get done faster. One train operation standby line on Riddler's is just absolute hell and the single rider line almost always gets you walked right onto the train.

Hope some locals can shed some light... planning a trip out in Sept and noticed the park is randomly open on Wednesday, Sept 23rd. I may the mistake of going on key club day a few years ago - is this a similar school group day? I can't imagine it isn't open randomly but rather because there is some event going on that day?

Headed down the the Discover/Season Passholder ERT on TC, Scream, and Goliath tonight. Will anyone else be there?

I went last night! Got to the park and got my wristband after ScareLA. Don't get me wrong, it was nice of the park to offer ERT, but it didn't feel much like ERT to me. I went to Goliath shortly after 9, and the line was still about 20 minutes (and from what I saw, everyone in that line had ERT wristbands). Went to Scream afterward, where it was a walk-on (not really different from daytime operations, but I appreciated not having to wait!). Saved TC for the last 40 minutes and managed to get 2 rides in- waited 35 minutes for the first ride, and then got in line right before ERT ended at 11 and waited about 15 minutes for the 2nd ride. So again, it was nice that there was any ERT to begin with, but it definitely wasn't as good as WCB ERT is (and will be, especially this year!).

I am thankful though that I was able to ride TC twice in an hour...that might be pretty rare now that the single rider line is gone! Or at least it wasn't open last night or for the couple of hours I went on Saturday night (also after ScareLA). The single rider line sign has also been removed from above the gate where the lines formed for it along with Flash Pass and ADA, but the stanchion is still there with the sign saying "Single Rider line forms here".

How exactly does the park have plenty of room to expand? Unless they go further into the parking lot, they are going to have to start taking out rides.

There's lots:

1. Deja Vu's spot+Slingshot Spot+re-developing that whole back area (I know that would technically count as removing a ride, but it's a freaking carnival ride that was most likely brought in to make some extra money until that spot could be re-used anyways...doesn't really count)

2. The Batman stunt show theater isn't being used for a show

3. Flashback/old metro maintenance space still hasn't been utilized

4. Picnic area (if they went with that option, I imagine they would utilize the Flashback space as a new picnic area that can be dual use for Hurricane Harbor and SFMM)

5. Many backstage buildings are trailers...shifting around things backstage would open up space behind Scream

Obviously this is just me speculating/hoping, but I think the area where the backstage trailers between DC Universe and Scream are at right now would make a great spot for a copy of the Justice League dark ride if SFMM eventually ends up getting one! The entrance to the attraction could be inside DC Universe where the store is now (the one near Batman's exit).

It's the only location that actually had a consistently working GIB. With that said, how on earth does Silverwood keep 6FGAm's old DejaVu working so well. It says a lot about the maintenance department up there in Idaho. You could argue that the winters are horrible there in the Great Lakes region, but honestly, they have some pretty harsh weather in the Pacific Northwest as well. If not consistently more harsh.

Rocky Mountain helped with the relocation.

It's an intense ride but reasonably smooth considering what it does. I enjoyed it but I couldn't marathon it.

Hope some locals can shed some light... planning a trip out in Sept and noticed the park is randomly open on Wednesday, Sept 23rd. I may the mistake of going on key club day a few years ago - is this a similar school group day? I can't imagine it isn't open randomly but rather because there is some event going on that day?

looks like it's Yom Kippur. no idea if it will be crowded at all that day though. i'd guess not bad. but that's just a guess.

Ask Joey. He know all things Jew. Does the whole So Cal Jewish contingent descend upon Magic Mountain on Yom Kippur? Afterall, it is Magic Mountain, and Moses, or was it Jesus... ...hmmmmm, John Smith? No Brigham Young. Wait! I mean Will Ferrell... ...yeah, Will Ferrell came down from some mountain. Or some other biblical sh!t like that. You know, Mountain... ...mountain, magical or whatevs. Coincidence? I think not.

looks like it's Yom Kippur. no idea if it will be crowded at all that day though. i'd guess not bad. but that's just a guess.

According to isitpacked.com, the park will be packed on Sept 23rd. Sunday the 20th, might be better.

www.isitpacked.com/crowd-calendars/six-flags-magic-mountain/

Ask Joey. He know all things Jew. Does the whole So Cal Jewish contingent descend upon Magic Mountain on Yom Kippur? Afterall, it is Magic Mountain, and Moses, or was it Jesus... ...hmmmmm, John Smith? No Brigham Young. Wait! I mean Will Ferrell... ...yeah, Will Ferrell came down from some mountain. Or some other biblical sh!t like that. You know, Mountain... ...mountain, magical or whatevs. Coincidence? I think not.

If so, I could only imagine how many lost kippot there will be.

Gut Gold Rusher. Add some theming with boulders with a Bryce Canyon type landscape. Put a fake train engine car out front of the trains. Don't forget a steam train whistle. Add some animatronics . Also, have the trains travel upward into a mountain tunnel and then have a fake dynamite explosion with fake smoke (fog). Also add an old Miner's town storefronts. Rename it Giant Lightning Ridge (

c) All rights reserved.

Gut Gold Rusher. Add some theming with boulders with a Bryce Canyon type landscape. Put a fake train engine car out front of the trains. Don't forget a steam train whistle. Add some animatronics . Also, have the trains travel upward into a mountain tunnel and then have a fake dynamite explosion with fake smoke (fog). Also add an old Miner's town storefronts. Rename it Giant Lightning Ridge (

c) All rights reserved.

that sounds Knotts Berry Farmish

c) All rights reserved.

IMG_0018.JPG.ca342840fb8afbac64a3af22bf02a7e2.JPG

Jews shouldn't be doing anything except going to Temple if they are good Jews.

Since schools now take that as an off day, the park will certainly be busier than normal. I wouldn't expect a madhouse though.

Jews shouldn't be doing anything except going to Temple if they are good Jews.

I'm such a bad Mexi-Jew

Another win-post for Guy!