TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

so what are the rumors why drop of doom is closed? anyone know why? just curious.

It is a little windy today.

sorry, i didn't mean just today. it's been down for a little bit and updated on the website as temporarily closed like goliath was.

[attachment=0]Screen Shot 2015-07-27 at 2.34.16 PM.png[/attachment]

Oh, well I can't help you there.

Hey, has anybody done the Honda ERT this year? Thinking about heading up Friday for TC and Scream ERT.

I went there on a Friday and it seems they open up other rides as well closer to opening. Not many people in the park so I'd say it would be worth it.

Oh Intamin

I'd blame Six Flags' stellar maintenance record before Intamin.

If it were a manufacturer that didn't have a long history of issues with downtime etc; then I'd say Six Flags. Intamin has a crazy track record of mechanical issues.

Edited by Superbatboy

Hey, has anybody done the Honda ERT this year? Thinking about heading up Friday for TC and Scream ERT.

I went there on a Friday and it seems they open up other rides as well closer to opening. Not many people in the park so I'd say it would be worth it.

Hey, thanks for the reply. What time did.they open up the parking lot? I am going solo that day, just for the ERT, really. Plan to marathon TC, get a few rides on Scream, hit Superman, then get out of Dodge before it gets crowded.

Hey, thanks for the reply. What time did.they open up the parking lot? I am going solo that day, just for the ERT, really. Plan to marathon TC, get a few rides on Scream, hit Superman, then get out of Dodge before it gets crowded.

Not sure, probably right before ERT starts, wouldn't worry to much about that as I said not many people there.

Oh Intamin

I'd blame Six Flags' stellar maintenance record before Intamin.

If it were a manufacturer that didn't have a long history of issues with downtime etc; then I'd say Six Flags. Intamin has a crazy track record of mechanical issues.

Twisted Colossus is the first RMC coaster to have so much reported downtime...

It's all about having the proper resources to deal with complicated rides.

That's such a misconception. The issue comes with many parks maintenance teams just not being experienced enough to work with Intamin's hardware. They really are more the Ferrari of the roller coaster world where a lot of the maintenance requires some specialized skill.

I have always found it interesting how European Intamin installations don't have anywhere NEAR the trouble that US installations do. Hmmm.....

I have always found it interesting how European Intamin installations don't have anywhere NEAR the trouble that US installations do. Hmmm.....

I keep hearing rumors of people saying that RMC is going to do work in Apocalypse next year. I just wanted to say that there's no way that's happening. They already have 4 projects for 2016, that's double any other year for them. I highly doubt they'd have any time to do work on Apocalypse or GhostRider in 2016.

I keep hearing rumors of people saying that RMC is going to do work in Apocalypse next year. I just wanted to say that there's no way that's happening. They already have 4 projects for 2016, that's double any other year for them. I highly doubt they'd have any time to do work on Apocalypse or GhostRider in 2016.

That's the first time I heard about that. Also, I didn't hear any rumors about GhostRider getting treatment from RMC either.

^ Well we were told at the park that Apocalypse would go down in November for some "extensive retracking", and SFMM would take advantage of RMC with them back again in California. I believe it's just basic Topper Track.

It's quite possible that the ride is closing for retracking (god knows it can use it, but I still dont think it will help much) but I seriously doubt this will be RMC. It's all but confirmed that their one California job is going to be Roar at SFDK which has already been announced as closing 8/16.

^^ Their one I-box in Cali , yes. That does not mean they can't topper Apocalypse as well, which would not require any sort of announcement.

Besides, it's probably only going to be certain sections of the ride anyway.