TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Kinda makes you wonder just how many more coasters MM can install before they are forced to start removing some due to having too many to maintain. If they can barely keep up now....

Psyclone, Flashback, Freefall, Original Colossus, Deja Vu, Log Jammer...

Flashback and Deja Vu weren't really replaced though, as much as they just... went away. Psyclone was unrideable and should have been burned down years before it finally got replaced with Apocalypse.

I still miss Log Jammer, tbh.

Kinda makes you wonder just how many more coasters MM can install before they are forced to start removing some due to having too many to maintain. If they can barely keep up now....

Psyclone, Flashback, Freefall, Original Colossus, Deja Vu, Log Jammer...

Flashback and Deja Vu weren't really replaced though, as much as they just... went away. Psyclone was unrideable and should have been burned down years before it finally got replaced with Apocalypse.

I still miss Log Jammer, tbh.

Well no they weren't replaced per se, my original point was regarding MM having too many attractions to maintain. Someone listed rides that were removed, but just as many rides have been added in the interim.

Rumors for 2016?

Six Flags has kept 2016 pretty tight lipped so far, across the entire chain.

So far we know SFDK is getting Iron Roar, Gradv is rumored to get a large addition, SFOG, and SFGAM are rumored to get Justice League dark rides, and SFA is getting a waterpark expansion. I think things will be relatively quiet in '16 at SFOT, MM, SFNE, and SFstl considering they all got major additions this year. SFFT is teasing something but I doubt it will be anything significant.

Anyone else really think Tidal Wave needs a revamp? Especially SFMM being so hot and having just Roaring Rapids to get you wet and Jetstream slightly. You don't get wet on Tidal Wave besides on the bridge. I remember a long time ago you used to actually get soaked on Tidal wave, why did they change that? The drop has to be longer and a higher degree because it is very outdated. Here are some pictures I googled that look cool if they could combine some of these elements. Maybe make it a coaster too with some turns then finishing into the water or something like Xcelerator but of course smaller that ends in the water? I know the space is limited and water and Xcelerator don't mix but I think they can do something exciting to upgrade it.

638787302_Vonkaputous_Linnanmki_Helsinki.JPG.907a152568c71e4188d82943b48dc7b7.JPG

961928137_WaterCoaster4.jpg.00784295e5af002c9448427b77a53d0a.jpg

knoebels-impulse-coaster-elysburg-pennsylvania.jpg_rend.tccom_1280_960.thumb.jpeg.b912302c6b26a183f354c1b50e653750.jpeg

Being that the West Coast is in a drought, I'd be surprised if they were even allowed to add a large scale water attraction. Plus, the parks has said several times its expensive to maintain a water ride. So I'm sure they'd rather bulldoze Tidal Wave and leave it empty then replace it with a bigger version. Just my opinion though.

Hello! Just curious as to what the crowd levels will be the last weekdays of August. The park is open 10:30-6...not very late. How do you think the lines will be? Doing 10 days in CA...5 at DL, 1 at Knotts, 1 at Universal. Six Flags will likely be a weekday but I'm concerned about the shortened hours.

Thanks!

Hello! Just curious as to what the crowd levels will be the last weekdays of August. The park is open 10:30-6...not very late. How do you think the lines will be? Doing 10 days in CA...5 at DL, 1 at Knotts, 1 at Universal. Six Flags will likely be a weekday but I'm concerned about the shortened hours.

Thanks!

That Friday the very last weekday before weekend-only operation (8/28 this year) is typically the deadest day of the entire year. You should be able to walk onto everything all day long. That's why the hours are shortened.

They should install a Tsunami Soaker like at SFDK. Small footprint, actually gets you soaked, and for as simple as it looks, a freaking great time. I'm laughing every time I'm on that ride.

yeah I thought tsunami soaker was going to be a joke of a ride, then I finally actully went on it and it was fun. Best way to be drenched at SFDK, even more so then standing on the bridge of moonsoon falls.

They should install a Tsunami Soaker like at SFDK. Small footprint, actually gets you soaked, and for as simple as it looks, a freaking great time. I'm laughing every time I'm on that ride.

yeah I thought tsunami soaker was going to be a joke of a ride, then I finally actully went on it and it was fun. Best way to be drenched at SFDK, even more so then standing on the bridge of moonsoon falls.

People in So Cal hate getting wet on water rides. It's a phenomenon I can't quite explain, but anything beyond a gentle spritzing will actually lead to guest complaints.

People in So Cal hate getting wet on water rides. It's a phenomenon I can't quite explain, but anything beyond a gentle spritzing will actually lead to guest complaints.

lol Alot here in Cali freak out when it rains. Seems like everytime it rains it's breaking news on the news channels and a warning gets sent out of flash floods etc. I remember months ago there was a stage 6 tornado warning...it ended up barely sprinkling.

TC SR line anecdote.

On Sunday, 7/19, I went to TC in the afternoon and saw that the stand-by line was about 75 minutes long: the line went all the way back to the sandwich place. Instead of standing by, I went to the SR line. There was a heavyset security guy there and I had to actually ask to get to the SR line. He seemed reluctant but said "yes." I was 8th in line and waited no more than 15 minutes to board the train.

Cutting off 60 minutes of waiting was definitely worth it, so I tried to get back in the SR line after riding. I went by the same guy, but he stopped me and said, "can I help you?" I said I wanted to ride alone, but he said the SR line was "full"

I've never gone to an amusement park and been told that the line was full before...what gives!?

TC SR line anecdote.

On Sunday, 7/19, I went to TC in the afternoon and saw that the stand-by line was about 75 minutes long: the line went all the way back to the sandwich place. Instead of standing by, I went to the SR line. There was a heavyset security guy there and I had to actually ask to get to the SR line. He seemed reluctant but said "yes." I was 8th in line and waited no more than 15 minutes to board the train.

Cutting off 60 minutes of waiting was definitely worth it, so I tried to get back in the SR line after riding. I went by the same guy, but he stopped me and said, "can I help you?" I said I wanted to ride alone, but he said the SR line was "full"

I've never gone to an amusement park and been told that the line was full before...what gives!?

Ewwwww what an ass, I would've gotten his name and made a complaint. No reason for security to throw their weight (no pun) around

TC SR line anecdote.

Ewwwww what an A$$, I would've gotten his name and made a complaint. No reason for security to throw their weight (no pun) around

i've seen/read reports of them closing the single rider line from time to time. really don't understand the thinking about that one. i've personally seen them hold part of the single rider line in the front by the coke machines, then let a few at a time down to the line. just another one of those, sfmm wtf, moments.

TC SR line anecdote.

Was it this guy?

730015373_JohnCandy.JPG.315468df94ff6b94538ce89b55c839a6.JPG

TC SR line anecdote.

Was it this guy?

that was good

Speaking of which I saw the new Vacation movie the other night and the new marquee coaster in the movie is an old Arrow Looper (With some extra height and loops thrown in with CGI). I couldnt see well cause they changed the surroundings but I think it might have been Ninja at SFoG. I find it funny when they use old coasters in a movie as their spectacular new coaster.

Speaking of which I saw the new Vacation movie the other night and the new marquee coaster in the movie is an old Arrow Looper (With some extra height and loops thrown in with CGI). I couldnt see well cause they changed the surroundings but I think it might have been Ninja at SFoG. I find it funny when they use old coasters in a movie as their spectacular new coaster.

Like in "Morning Glory" when they used defunct coaster GASM as "The ground breaking rollercoaster that goes 140 mph and 15 loops" or whatever

TC SR line anecdote.

For what it's worth, Disney and Universal will sometimes temporarily close their Single Rider lines if it gets too backed up- I've personally been turned away from these lines at Indiana Jones and Goofy's Sky School at DLR, and from Jurassic Park and Transformers at USH. But no security guards...just the regular Cast Members/Team Members with something along the lines of, "Sorry, our Single Rider line is temporarily closed. Please try again later." I have also previously worked Splash Mountain at Disneyland, and while it's incredibly rare for Single Rider to close at that particular attraction, we did have to close it a couple of times during my time there due to operational needs (besides just the obvious one- downtimes).

so what are the rumors why drop of doom is closed? anyone know why? just curious.

It is a little windy today.

sorry, i didn't mean just today. it's been down for a little bit and updated on the website as temporarily closed like goliath was.

687724073_ScreenShot2015-07-27at2_34_16PM.thumb.png.5e4d8e63a24cb172164b5f5a638d0cf6.png