TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

We hit up the park today around 6pm and while the cars in the parking lot were well passed Scream, it didn't seem too crowded IN the park.

X2 20 mins

Apocalypse 10 mins

Batman Walk-On

Tatsu 20 mins

Green Lantern 15 mins

Riddler 30 mins (someone barfed so they were cycling one train empty)

We avoided the Full Throttle area as that seemed to be where everyone was congregating for the fireworks.

I have a few questions I'd like to ask if someone could help.

I'm going to be heading to LA at the end of October/early November when the park is only open weekends, what kind of crowds should I expect (I think this is during Fright Fest)?

I plan to spend a good few days at the park while I'm there and am probably going to get a season pass to save a bit on money. If I buy the pass now (while it's on sale), is there a cut off date for when I have to get it processed by, or will it last till I'm over there?

Thanks

Just saw the advert that the ferris wheel was for on Korean TV. Was flicking channels on mute and spotted Twisted Colossus lit up at night and 5 Hyundai's driving past it in the parking lot (or Kia's as I said I was flicking but it seemed to be a Korean manufacturer) They then parked up and you could see a lit up ferris wheel behind them.

I think it's Kia, Six Flags has some kind of deal with them. I remember last year when I visited Gradv, there were Kia Souls all over the park. Cute little cars lol. No giants hamsters though sadly

Managed to catch the whole advert today, it's a hyundai advert. A flame eater spewing fire as one car drives through a carnival in the middle of SFMM. Then the bit I saw yesterday, 5 cars driving at night as TC duels behind them and then they park up with the ferris wheel behind them.

The park is doing fireworks tonight? Their app, which is usually pretty awesome, is saying the park is closed today. But the website says it's open.

i'll take my chances, i'm heading up in just a bit. lol

VERY VERY good fireworks show last night July 3rd at Six Flags Magic Mountain.

They pulled out the budget on this one with nothing left behind.

Best viewing area is in front of Loaded Dogs or just outside Looney Toons gift shop facing FT loop as all fireworks are shot over the top of the loop. There were no ground fireworks so WYSIWYG.

Another great spot would be outside the main gates in the bus service turnaround area for the parking lot.

Bottom line if you can see top of FT loop this

This is the last 7 minutes of the show unedited of the 14 minute show ... Again a very very good pyro show!!!

Just watched the video and while I think it's VERY good for an amusement park fireworks show, we are very spoiled here in Orlando when it comes to fireworks!

This was Magic Kingdom last night!

11058151_10204644741902006_8390303632345555482_n.jpg.02f4d24db205d8ede6fcd05ec1bb6be3.jpg

Edited by robbalvey

The park is doing fireworks tonight? Their app, which is usually pretty awesome, is saying the park is closed today. But the website says it's open.

Just called the park, and they confirmed fireworks will go off at 9:15pm tonight (with the rest of the park closing at 9pm).

went and got a couple rides in on TC and saw the fireworks. great show, except when they played the final announcement thank you about 5 minutes in. lol

it was good with a lot of shots fired, but compared to disneyland, sorry, but it pales in comparison. no real surprise there. i don't think i've watched any kind of fireworks there since mystic lake was there.

went and got a couple rides in on TC and saw the fireworks. great show, except when they played the final announcement thank you about 5 minutes in. lol

it was good with a lot of shots fired, but compared to disneyland, sorry, but it pales in comparison. no real surprise there. i don't think i've watched any kind of fireworks there since mystic lake was there.

Let's remember that Disneyland's fireworks are pretty much the best in the world. Years of near nightly practice and a big budget does that. It makes us think that all fireworks should be synchronized and timed. But if you see fireworks pretty much anywhere else in the country (other amusement parks, city fireworks shows), they're all much like what SFMM did. It's like comparing a Broadway show to a local high school production and saying "it pales in comparison". Well, duh.

I am with you about them playing the closing announcement mid-way through. That was odd.

On a separate note, can I rant about Swashbuckler... after all this time, I waited for a Yo-Yo that still doesn't tilt???? Really? Is it that hard to have a Yo-Yo tilt? What am I missing here?

With digital content so easy to create these days, I really wish Six Flags would create content for each specific park that has a ride from that actual park! Would it really have been so difficult to have a picture of Twisted Colossus instead of something that doesn't look like any ride at SFMM for this ad?

I think this may be a teaser pic of the All New Twisty Colossus Jr. Coming in 2016.

Let's remember that Disneyland's fireworks are pretty much the best in the world. Years of near nightly practice and a big budget does that. It makes us think that all fireworks should be synchronized and timed. But if you see fireworks pretty much anywhere else in the country (other amusement parks, city fireworks shows), they're all much like what SFMM did. It's like comparing a Broadway show to a local high school production and saying "it pales in comparison". Well, duh.

I am with you about them playing the closing announcement mid-way through. That was odd.

On a separate note, can I rant about Swashbuckler... after all this time, I waited for a Yo-Yo that still doesn't tilt???? Really? Is it that hard to have a Yo-Yo tilt? What am I missing here?

like i said, "no real surprise there" and yes, i have seen city shows with some synchronized fireworks in small cities, like, the day before at my local city hall.

Considering multiple posters raved about the fireworks show and placed amongst the best they've ever seen from an amusement park, I don't think it's unreasonable to compare it to Disney.

Considering multiple posters raved about the fireworks show and placed amongst the best they've ever seen from an amusement park, I don't think it's unreasonable to compare it to Disney.

That's true, but I think if that's the case it should be more praised as "being good enough to be mentioned in the same sentence as Disney" instead of "sorry, it pales in comparison" as if it was touted as being on level with Disney.

I watched it live via someone's periscope, and it was excellent for something put on by a non-disney park, on-par with the larger city produced shows, but Disney's is still miles above and beyond any of that. Disney's normal show (I havent seen the 60th one) is way better even than the one that was nationally televised on NBC in my opinion.

that's why i said what i said. it was a great show, no doubt. long enough to watch 90% then get out before the heard of people hit the parking lot.

To be honest, jist thought I'd mention just because I'm SothernCalifornian, and even though it's not theme park related, Angel Stadium has some of the best fireworks on 4th of July and every Saturday home game. The show lasts about 20-25 minutes, is synchronized with music, and basically anywhere inside or around the stadium (you can hang out near the Amtrack station or around the parking lot, you don't even have to buy a ticket to see them) is a pretty good seat. Just throwing it out there since we're talking fireworks shows, and Angel Stadium is some of the best I've ever seen.

To be honest, jist thought I'd mention just because I'm SothernCalifornian, and even though it's not theme park related, Angel Stadium has some of the best fireworks on 4th of July and every Saturday home game. The show lasts about 20-25 minutes, is synchronized with music, and basically anywhere inside or around the stadium (you can hang out near the Amtrack station or around the parking lot, you don't even have to buy a ticket to see them) is a pretty good seat. Just throwing it out there since we're talking fireworks shows, and Angel Stadium is some of the best I've ever seen.

Hate to start a flame war but the ones at Dodger Stadium every Friday night and 4th of July are better (I've seen both Dodgers and Angels)

I am Planning on visiting Las Vegas at the beginning of October planning on driving here for a couple of days I have looked online and its only open at weekends is that correct it says from 10am till 1 am friday and saturdays. what are the crowds like in October any tips and advise

Just want to know as much as possible before i book my holiday