TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Speaking about trains, is there any news on the green train for Twisted Colossus? Has it arrived yet?

Last I heard was "late June." And welp, it's June 28th and here we are.

Wouldn't be surprised if they just ditched the idea, we won't get a 4th train, and down the line they'll let it become something of the past that never happened.

Oh Magic Mountain, stop letting your reputation proceed you...

And BTW, I haven't ridden Riddlers in years, but I've heard it's been rather rough as of late. Could it be because of the train which has been passed back and forth like an unwanted stepchild? Riddlers was never the smoothest ride in the world anyway, the wheel compound was always pretty hard which made riders feel the vibrations of the track, and even riding it's rather loud. Probably has to do with those big heavy trains.

Would it be pushing it to get 2 new B&M sit down (not floorless) trains like Hulk/The Time Machine? I don't think it would take much from the ride.

Considering how well the Rougarou transformation went at CP, I'd be all for a sit-down Riddler's. It would be sad to see the standup gimmick disappear, but I feel like it was a one-and-done kind of thing anyway. A cool experience, but not something I'd want to do multiple times.

The Green TC train is currently in the cycle shop. It just simply hasn't been needed yet. The ride has been operating all 3 existing trains everyday since about a week after opening. Maintenance has started to get a rhythm and so have the ops on this ride. The fourth one will magically appear when one of the first three goes into rehab, so that three train operation will continue.

On another note... I don't want floorless on Riddler. Scream is already floorless. If they have a sitdown option I wouldn't mind that I guess, but Riddler right now is about thr only standup I actually enjoy. I didn't find it to bebinbearably rough at all when I rode it Thursday. Do wish it had 2 trains though.

I think it would be pretty lame to switch Riddler's to a floorless. It's been smooth for me. Besides, they already have Scream. If they moved Scream maybe, but they seem to be committed to keeping that ride with the new paint. And why would they want to get ride of the world-record holder for stand-ups?

Well, put Scream into the ride rotation program and problem solved.

/sarcasm

The floater airtime on standups is really neat. In the inversions, the airtime feels much looser because your legs are free and only the top of the OTSR can prevent you from rising.

Its funny how B&M's most consistent "non-cookie cutter rides" are the standups/wings. Every single design* was IMO pretty cool in terms of layout and flow and unique, maybe save for Iron Wolf. The floorless generation that followed were all pretty similar.

*I understand that Chang and Mantis are ALMOST clones.

It might be just me, but I get motion sickness on floorless coasters. 3 times in a row is enough for me. And Riddler's has a totally awesome layout. I think floorless would take away from the coaster instead of improving it, which I believe is the reason why people might want to switch it.

The Green TC train is currently in the cycle shop. It just simply hasn't been needed yet. The ride has been operating all 3 existing trains everyday since about a week after opening. Maintenance has started to get a rhythm and so have the ops on this ride. The fourth one will magically appear when one of the first three goes into rehab, so that three train operation will continue.

during the commercial shoot, someone had said that one of the RMC guys there that day said it was already there. never saw it, so didn't know if it was true or not.

After all of the comments about MM not having enough flat rides. Watch us get a super loop next year

Although I'm not against the idea, the past super loops at Six Flags have been marketed as coasters. If Magic Mountain did get a super loop, it would be (by Six Flags logic) their 20th coaster.

I feel like they'd want the 20th coaster to be significant. Personally I'd like to see them put in a star flyer, 300 ft or so. Knowing SFMM, probably 400ft plus. Gotta be room for that in Scream Punk District

A friend of mine from Scotland just shared this video. They should install this at the mountain. (More flat rides

YouTube search ABC Rides Turbillion

Holy Cow! That thing is insane. A few questions: how long do you think the ride cycle is and how much would it cost.

After all of the comments about MM not having enough flat rides. Watch us get a super loop next year

I thought Six Flags was clear saying Super Loops are roller coaster. Stupid

A flat for us, coaster for SFMM

That flat looks insane, and would probably actually make me sick.

What if Riddler and Scream swapped trains? Probably not feasible but just a thought.

That would be interesting if not cripplingly expensive and unfeasible. Would be fun to try in NL2/TPS though.

As fun as it looks that flat looks like it'd be a maintenance nightmare, so many working/moving parts. Be interesting to see if any U.S. parks install them, I doubt any Six Flags parks would want them

This. I was going to say, the ride is basically like taking an S&S Sky Swat, a Zamperla Rotoshake, and any other high-stress mechanical nightmare ride and putting it all together.