TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Goliath... 230-some ft tall, 4500 ft of track and 30 million, and 5 million mode than the slightly longer Titan twin. Now Leviathan/Fury were both 30ish million for an unearthquake proofed ride. Also remember, 4500 ft gets a lot more elements in smaller coasters as each element is smaller. So exponentially, you're going to lose the maximum number of fair sized elements when the max height increases.

So lets figure a 4500 ft giga is 35 million (25 mil for base ride, add 10 million to earthquake proof it because theres a large area to cover). But that only gets you 4500 ft, which will visually appear short. And for comparisons, F325 is 6100 ft.

I know I stated the earthquake proofing for Goliath was 5 mil, but the ride is on a smaller scale than a giga and is a twister, so some supports can be shared and cut costs. This is how I predicted approx. 10 mil for an out and back giga's proofing.

Where does this 30 million price tag come from b/c I was around during annocement of Goliath and never heard anything close to that number before . In fact I thought it was Goliath and Titan was grossly underpriced and that is what lead to Giovannola closing it's door. Maybe the 30 mil is the price Gio should have gotten, I don't believe it was the price they were paid. Also it seams like Tatsu would of cost more then even Goliath being built on the side of a mountain in the treacherous equake zone Ca is. Goliath is on flat ground.

I thinking with the terrain at SFMM could it be possible for them to get a Giga with a world's firs coaster with two drops of 300 feet. Just think start in the back old Deja Vu area 328 to 330 foot lift to take height Record, first 300+ foot drop nessled between Roaring Rapids and the property line. Rise up using the Viper plateau and down towards front of park to create second 300 foot drop!!!

I'm just saying i'd love that one day. TC will definitely hold its own for a while. I loved 325 the second I saw it's video near it's opening day. If anywhere SFMM can do it. Obviously most likely in 2 years. Like I said earlier i'd actually prefer a metro over anything next. And I just made the comment after doing the survey...anything but something that loops next please! We have so much loops.

Haha is a world class dueling RMC not enough?

Park with some of the best variety of coasters on the planet in one place: Check

Park that continually pushes the limits on coasters & rides: Check

Park that makes the GP and Enthusiasts alike salivating for more: Check

Park with the (by far) largest thread on TPR: Check

I'd say Magic Mountain has earned it's reputation for wowing thrillseekers left and right, who knows what they'll do? People talk about this park, people want to visit this park from thousands of miles away. Even I like to visit every couple months just to take a cruise around and get on some rides to get away from every day life. So the sky is the limit and people can dream forever. Who knows whats up their sleeves and what's coming next?

Too bad they can't get a couple BIG things right. This could easily be a worldwide destination if they got operations and staffing up to snuff.

Six Flags California Resort and Hotel is what I hope they could become.

Ummm so where exactly are Riddler's trains? They've been using one train for the longest and it's from Great Adventure (has lime green stripes along the side).

Can we just talk about RR for a minute? And how it literally has THE WORST station queue layout possible?

Interesting observation with the train. I'm really curious to find out. I've never seen it run more than one train but I didn't notice it was from Great Adventure. How long has it been like this? I was there this past winter, but I skipped RR because of its impressively slow line.

Ummm so where exactly are Riddler's trains? They've been using one train for the longest and it's from Great Adventure (has lime green stripes along the side).

Can we just talk about RR for a minute? And how it literally has THE WORST station queue layout possible?

Interesting observation with the train. I'm really curious to find out. I've never seen it run more than one train but I didn't notice it was from Great Adventure. How long has it been like this? I was there this past winter, but I skipped RR because of its impressively slow line.

Oh it's by far the worst queue!! Not to mention that annoying Equador techno song they've been playing since '98. Another annoyance are the overly long queues on older rides that aren't necessary any longer (Goliath, Riddler, Batman etc). Its like a mile trek and God forbid you get an op that won't let you re-ride.

The last time I saw Riddler running two trains was sometime last year Tho I didnt visit the park between Sept '14 and May of this year

Flew out to six flags New England today. Love the shirt with X2 on it

[attachment=0]ImageUploadedByTapatalk1435453932.739928.jpg[/attachment]

that's terrible. lol

last year i bought a jacket from SFGAM thinking it was pretty unique. then i saw the same thing at magic mountain but with just the park name changed. doh!

six flags merchandise sucks. i think they might be missing out on some easy sales if they just had more cool stuff.

Oh it's by far the worst queue!! Not to mention that annoying Equador techno song they've been playing since '98. Another annoyance are the overly long queues on older rides that aren't necessary any longer (Goliath, Riddler, Batman etc). Its like a mile trek and God forbid you get an op that won't let you re-ride.

The last time I saw Riddler running two trains was sometime last year Tho I didnt visit the park between Sept '14 and May of this year

It's the worst. Fortunately though it has the world's worst standby queue, it has the world's best single rider queue. Virtual guaranteed walkon any day of the year. You could take a group of 10 into the SR queue on a busy day and get all of you off the ride faster than youd get up to the front in the regular line.

That train is actually Riddler's train that Great Adventure borrowed for a while when they opened Green Lantern.

I think them lending the train to SFGAdv might have messed up the train rehabs. It's clear that for the 3 train coasters, they tend to have 2 running with one in constant rehab/used for parts. I'm guessing when the 3rd was loaned, it screwed with the rehab schedule, hence typical one train operations. Hopefully they'll be able to have 2 trains running again soon, but my guess is they are busy (hopefully) trying to get Goliath reopened.

That train is actually Riddler's train that Great Adventure borrowed for a while when they opened Green Lantern.

This is a Riddler train

Riddlers_Revenge_8.jpg

This is a Green Lantern train and the one currently operating on Riddler. Notice the lime green stripe across the bottom

Edited by Superbatboy

This is a Green Lantern train and the one currently operating on Riddler. Notice the lime green stripe across the bottom

It's called paint.

It's called paint.

My bad, I wasn't aware they painted Riddler's train to match Green Lantern when they sent it to Gradv. It does make sense though since Green Lantern was "new" at the time. Hopefully they'll get Riddler back to two train operation soon.

Speaking about trains, is there any news on the green train for Twisted Colossus? Has it arrived yet?

Last I heard was "late June." And welp, it's June 28th and here we are.

Wouldn't be surprised if they just ditched the idea, we won't get a 4th train, and down the line they'll let it become something of the past that never happened.

Oh Magic Mountain, stop letting your reputation proceed you...

And BTW, I haven't ridden Riddlers in years, but I've heard it's been rather rough as of late. Could it be because of the train which has been passed back and forth like an unwanted stepchild? Riddlers was never the smoothest ride in the world anyway, the wheel compound was always pretty hard which made riders feel the vibrations of the track, and even riding it's rather loud. Probably has to do with those big heavy trains.

Would it be pushing it to get 2 new B&M sit down (not floorless) trains like Hulk/The Time Machine? I don't think it would take much from the ride.