TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I did the survey, and it was about Justice League: battle for metropolis (already at Six Flags St. Louis). Not really an attraction I'm interested in seeing at SFMM with Knotts and Disneyland Resort already having similar attractions anyways.

I did the survey, and it was about Justice League: battle for metropolis (already at Six Flags St. Louis). Not really an attraction I'm interested in seeing at SFMM with Knotts and Disneyland Resort already having similar attractions anyways.

From what I've heard, JLBFM could be better than all of the dark rides at both of those places. You guys would be lucky to get one.

From what people have posted on here, these are my thoughts:

-I am conflicted on how a super loop would fit the park. On one hand, it would add a much-needed flat ride, but on the other hand it will be marketed as a coaster, therefore adding another inverting "coaster" to the park. I do not care too much either way, as I care very little about this type of flat ride (I rode one at a carnival after leaving an ice cream buffet, so I am making the personal choice to steer clear of rides like this from now on).

For SFMM to get a justice league dark ride would basically be one of the best possible additions that could happen to this park.

And the other one seems so vague I have no clue what they could be hinting at with that one. Dueling Premier Skyloops maybe?

A Justice League would be a nice fit for MM, it would give some of the more mischievous kids something interactive to do with their energy. Rather than spitting on people from TC's exit bridge (yes that happened). Though I don't see it happening in 2016 for MM. I think SF is going to add two per year and rumor has it the next ones are for SFOG and SFGAM.

Maybe a super loop for the Screampunk district?? There's definitely space for one and it would add appeal to the area, as crowds still seem to gravitate towards the front of park.

The last thing SFMM needs is another giant loop! lol

Exactly what i'm thinking. As much as the need for a flat ride not a loop!

I did the survey and got the loop and left avg comments about it.

A dark ride would be great but not like what Iron Reef at knotts. Something indoors and interactive that's more than a little kids ride.

Or re-vamp Tidal wave and make it a steep big drop that you actually get wet on.

I prefer a metro for transportation over anything.

Any news on Goliath?

Won't open until September. An inspection found that the lift was not up to code so they're doing a whole refurb.

Well that's a real bummer. I'm headed to the park in a couple of weeks and I was hoping it would be open by then. It's still one of my favorite rides at SFMM.

Any news on Goliath?

Won't open until September. An inspection found that the lift was not up to code so they're doing a whole refurb.

Ahh, now that explains why its taking them so long to replace this chain. Hope it's up and running by 9/12.

Any news on Goliath?

lol @ this park

TBH the park is probably in no rush to get Goliath up and running, it's just less staff they have on the clock, less work for mechanics. The fact that Summer is in season and it's the busiest time of the year, is good enough reason to just keep it shut until September (Yeah! Screw all those Summer guests!). Park is a joke sometimes with all the stuff that just conveniently "comes up" after the rides already been closed for what, 2 months? For a chain?

Ludicrous.