TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ The quantity of people called each time would be tweaked until there is a smooth flow of people. The stage could be on top of the loading station with seats surrounding the station in a circular shape to minimize the distance between the loading area and each guest. The guests would be entertained EVEN WHEN THE RIDE IS TEMPORARILY DOWN.

Idea number two: The queue contains individual seats that slowly move in a conveyor belt fashion (think Disney Haunted Mansion but smaller and less expensive). You cannot wait in line unless you have a seat. Line cutting would be impossible. On second thought, this would break down on a regular basis.

Edited by mike932

The only way I can think of to eliminate line cutting is for guests to take a number at each ride. Then they could all sit down and wait for their number to be called. For example, now boarding numbers 200-249.

Basically, mandatory Disney-style fast passes.

As the guests sit down and wait, employees could walk through and sell sodas and treats like at a baseball game. There could be a stage with live entertainers. There are thousands of starving entertainers in Los Angeles. They could hire actors and comedians for cheap. A video display over the entertainers could show which tickets are being boarded.

The goal would be to keep guests entertained and comfortable EVERY minute that they are in the park.

Every problem has a solution.

that reminds me of what happened at memorial day when about 3 kids walked up past the 2 hour line just to get to the station on TC, flashed their boarding passes, and met up with others. but honestly, when the line was near 3 hours, i don't blame anyone for getting in and out before the station.

to me, it's all just laughable now. annoying, but just one of those things i just watch and laugh at these days. it happens at least once every time i go to magic mountain. i know nothing will ever be done so i don't let it bother me much.

I agree, I mean the fact that Disney repaints lamp posts, benches, pathways, etc; every night is a microcosm of their operating expense and the detail that goes into maintaining their parks.

If Disney were in charge of the Revolution coaster, the white paint would look glossy and brand new. But I kinda like that it looks worn out.... like a Star Wars X-wing fighter.

I agree. I actually like Revolution the way it is. Some coasters look good with old paint. I loved Flight Deck's old faded black paint job (up north), I thought it fit the whole 80s fighter jet motif and it was pretty bad ass. I was disappointed when they painted it red to match the 49ers, but I seem to be in the minority there.

Tatsu needs a paint job bad..its even more obvious now that they finally painted Scream. I hope thats some high quality paint on Scream too, cause those colors will look terrible if they fade to the point it was at before this paint job.

What about the boarding passes Goliath and Raging Bull had? How did those work out? Take a number when you enter the queue and then you have to have the numbers in order when entering the station.

Theyve been using those on TC off and on thus far, but generally they only do it in extraordinary circumstances. The bottom line is that (except for openings of major rides like TC) the park just doesn't care about line jumpers, if they did they'd do something about it.

What about the boarding passes Goliath and Raging Bull had? How did those work out? Take a number when you enter the queue and then you have to have the numbers in order when entering the station.

the story i told a couple posts above was when they were using boarding passes.

another story was last summer at SFGAM same sort of thing, but part of the party just got their passes and walked their way through the line to their friends. number no where near matching and were let right in. the pass checker even looked at the ticket. imo, he had to have seen the difference but did nothing as i expected.

with that said, i'm sure the boarding passes work. but i've only really seen them in use on new coasters. (i don't often go to MM on crazy busy days)

I agree, I mean the fact that Disney repaints lamp posts, benches, pathways, etc; every night is a microcosm of their operating expense and the detail that goes into maintaining their parks.

If Disney were in charge of the Revolution coaster, the white paint would look glossy and brand new. But I kinda like that it looks worn out.... like a Star Wars X-wing fighter.

I agree. I actually like Revolution the way it is. Some coasters look good with old paint. I loved Flight Deck's old faded black paint job (up north), I thought it fit the whole 80s fighter jet motif and it was pretty bad A$$. I was disappointed when they painted it red to match the 49ers, but I seem to be in the minority there.
I felt the same way when they painted Batman blue. The grey color seemed so much more ominous and fitting for a Batman theme.

i'm not a super huge fan of the Scream colors but i'd rather have the ugliest new paint color over faded and neglected. there's so much faded and neglected all kinds of stuff at magic mountain. now the appearance from the parking lot is great.

I agree that not every coaster in an amusement park needs to be freshly painted. I like Xcelerator''s faded color. I also like Goliath's colors much better slightly faded, then I did when it was fresh.

I've gotten so used to Xcelerator's faded paint it would be strange seeing it new again, however Tatsu looks downright terrible and it hasn't faded uniformly like Xcelerator has for the most part. Tatsu is quickly approaching Scream's level of fade.

Revolution looks bad, but not Tatsu bad. Maybe one day the park won't just paint half of Revolution's track...

Could someone post a current pic of Tatsu? I'm curious if it will get painted next year since they took care of Scream this year...?
Well there was a time sensitive reason for painting Scream - media exposure from TC and Screampunk's opening. I'm sure it will take some similar motivation before they open their pocketbooks to paint Tatsu.

Does anyone know anything about Sky Tower? When my friend and I were there last October, I remember he asked a host near Sky Tower and they said that a door was open and that the key to close it was at another park. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, though...

Edited by SFMM fanboy

^Definitely true.

The popular explanation is that you will find in this thread is 1) Sky Tower's elevators need repair and it's cost prohibitive & 2) It's no longer up to code. Personally, I just think the park doesn't care to spend money running, maintaining, and staffing an attraction that can't even pull 100 people an hour.

Does anyone know anything about Sky Tower? When my friend and I were there last October, I remember he asked a host near Sky Tower and they said that a door was open and that the key to close it was at another park. I'm taking it with a grain of salt, though...

You should.

That is so ridiculous.

Personally, I just think the park doesn't care to spend money running, maintaining, and staffing an attraction that can't even pull 100 people an hour.

Plus, riding Drop of Doom has the same effect as visiting the observation tower.

Personally, I just think the park doesn't care to spend money running, maintaining, and staffing an attraction that can't even pull 100 people an hour.

Plus, riding Drop of Doom has the same effect as visiting the observation tower.

Not hardly.

^ Yeah, I got the point the first time. lol. Anyway, I got many beautiful views of the park when I rode it 25 times in a row. There's about 60 seconds of nice views per ride.

Edited by mike932

^ Yeah, I got the point the first time. lol. Anyway, I got many beautiful views of the park when I rode it 25 times in a row.

I can only imagine how that went...

1st drop: What a nice of view of X2!

2nd drop: What a nice view of Superman!

3rd drop: What a nice view of Batman! I'm going to ride again so I can look at something else from 400 feet up in the air for just a few seconds!