TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Heard from a friend at the park today that the ride had a 2.5 hour line at opening and wasn't dueling. I really hope they get the timing worked out better for the dueling by WCB!

I find it VERY interesting that all the SFMM fanboys keep saying how it's dueling all the time, but everyone I've heard from who has traveled from outside of the area to ride haven't seen the ride duel. Hmm.....

Heard from a friend at the park today that the ride had a 2.5 hour line at opening and wasn't dueling. I really hope they get the timing worked out better for the dueling by WCB!

I find it VERY interesting that all the SFMM fanboys keep saying how it's dueling all the time, but everyone I've heard from who has traveled from outside of the area to ride haven't seen the ride duel. Hmm.....

it's definitely spotty the one day, memorial day, that i went. but i was impressed to see it duel a good amount. far from every time, but i'd give my best guess at roughly 50% at least once. but did see, to my amazement, a number of duels in a row. with a bunch of TPR riders and even an average crew, i'd guess it's going to duel most of the time we are there.

it only took one dumb lady making an operator come and get something to hand to a friend on the exit ramp to kill our chance for the first part duel of my ride. grrr

That is perplexing.

Maybe the fan boys saw it duel once, maybe twice and are just exaggerating saying it's all the time.

I would tend to believe the people more that say they saw it not dueling as the dueling feature is what everyone seems to want to see happen and is the first thing they notice.

Yeah what's really going on here?

Has anyone downloaded and used the new Six Flags app? You're able to scan in your Season Pass into the app....

QUESTION: when you click on the upper-right icon, it loads your season pass onto your screen with a barcode on it... CAN WE USE THIS AT THE GATE instead of bringing the actual card? Will this work to scan at the register for those with a Dining Pass????

* now they just need to integrate wait times or ride closures into the app and we're set

Has anyone downloaded and used the new Six Flags app? You're able to scan in your Season Pass into the app....

QUESTION: when you click on the upper-right icon, it loads your season pass onto your screen with a barcode on it... CAN WE USE THIS AT THE GATE instead of bringing the actual card? Will this work to scan at the register for those with a Dining Pass????

* now they just need to integrate wait times or ride closures into the app and we're set

Supposedly the wait times show up at the park.

Yes you can bring your phone instead of your pass. Just make sure to keep it charged or you won't be able to access dinning pass.

My biggest and only complaint is you can't load more then one pass to it for the kids.

Supposedly the wait times show up at the park.

Yes you can bring your phone instead of your pass. Just make sure to keep it charged or you won't be able to access dinning pass.

My biggest and only complaint is you can't load more then one pass to it for the kids.

The wait times are not accurate at the park itself... are you saying the wait times load up inside the app once you're physically at the park? (I would be shocked if this were true... and hope that it is!!!)

I will try this out next time I'm at the park... go in via the phone AND get food via the dining pass from the app... but thanks for the heads up on that!

Make sure you submit feedback to appsupport@sixflags.com (the email is inside the app) regarding other passes inside the app! One loophole I see is you can load your kids' passes into the app, open up the screen with the barcode and take a screenshot. That way you can just flip through the screenshots at the gate per person

Thanks for the mention of the Six Flags app just installed it. Didn't know it was out. I was using the ride hopper app for ride times only so far.

I would appreciate that too (it was my first question when I heard about the app), as I'm bizarrely fond of not carrying my own phone in parks. Then again, continuing to bring my card is hardly an inconvenience.

Oh, I missed the screenshot advice. Sounds like a good workaround!

Anybody know if you can bring guests with you into gold pass early entry?

This is anecdotal, but I was able to get in as a guest at SFOT last year with no issue. I remember they were keeping very careful track of how many people per party. I would love to know if this is consistent; it sorta makes sense for SF not to state a definitive answer, but it would be helpful if they did.

In line for TC now, 3 trains running and just saw dueling twice. The green lift is absolutely CRAWLING

brave man. how long did you wait, or how long has it been?

Not bad actually we waited about 1hr, rode GL then came back and got in line about 8:40 almost on again. First ride on the blue side we left the lift at the same time but the duel didnt quite sync up. On the green side the blue train was going too fast and left the lift before us. Lets see if we duel this time.

Got a 2nd ride on TC Sat night right before closing and we dueled on the green side. Guests are still having a hard time lifting up the restraints to exit the ride. If they can get that in order, along with a test seat out front (a gentleman had to do the walk of shame while were in line) it would greatly improve trains getting out faster.

Another thing I think MM should do is what SFDK does with Superman. You're not allowed to take ANYTHING in beyond the person assigning seats. That way you get directly in your seat, no stepping over the train to put things down etc;

Side note, allegedly RMC wanted two stations for TC but MM said no because they did not want to staff two stations. Not sure exactly how true this is, but does sound like something Six Flags would say

Hi guys!

My girlfriend an I (living in Belgium) will make a roadtrip around the west coast.

On Sunday the 21st of May we will travel to Six Flags Magic Mountain for the first time!

We bought already tickets via the website of Six Flags, but at the moment we don't think to buy a flash pass.

On the internet I cannot find a good strategy for Six Flags Magic Mountain. Do you guys think it is possible to ride most of the big rides?

If possible we would like to ride: Full Throttle, Goliath, Green Lantern: First Flight, Lex Luthor: Drop Of Doom, Tatsu, Viper, X2, Twisted Colossus, The Roaring Rapids, Jet Stream, Superman: Escape From Krypton and Apocalypse. Is there a ride which I miss, or is not that interesting?

What is the best strategy for our visit (without a Flash Pass)?

Thanks!!!!

I rode TC 5 times last Wednesday. Out of those 5 times I only had one ride where it duelled both laps. 2 rides didn't duel at all on both laps, and the other 2 rides only duelled on one lap, so this gives an indication on what the duel rate is like. This was 3 train operation all day.

I also experienced two breakdowns while waiting in line. The first breakdown seemed to be a pretty quick reset and took about 30mins, however the breakdown towards the end of the day was much longer and I eventually left the line after waiting more than an hour with little progress. I watched the purple train get evac'd on the station block brake and also noticed that a cleanup had to take place on one of the seats... While they were trying to reset the ride I also witnessed an empty train not quite make it to the mini-launch section after the curve out of the station - two maintenance workers had to physically push the empty train from the rear so that it made it to the mini-launch. After this they hosed down the curve out of the station, I'm assuming to decrease friction so it wouldn't get stuck again.

Also, for the tall people - I'm 6'4" and my shins are still a bit sore from the shin restraints. They're not as bad as Premier shin restraints, but after a few laps you'll notice some discomfort if you have long legs.

Anyway, I'll be there again on Tues, hopefully it'll be running a lot smoother...

Edited by miketeavee

Got a 2nd ride on TC Sat night right before closing and we dueled on the green side. Guests are still having a hard time lifting up the restraints to exit the ride. If they can get that in order, along with a test seat out front (a gentleman had to do the walk of shame while were in line) it would greatly improve trains getting out faster.

Another thing I think MM should do is what SFDK does with Superman. You're not allowed to take ANYTHING in beyond the person assigning seats. That way you get directly in your seat, no stepping over the train to put things down etc;

I totally agree on your first 2 points. I've also heard here that a test seat is coming out front. Yes, no loose articles on the platform. That will dramatically improve the boarding process.

I totally agree on your first 2 points. I've also heard here that a test seat is coming out front. Yes, no loose articles on the platform. That will dramatically improve the boarding process.

it's a small inconvenience on rides like millennium force and top thrill dragster, but definitely helps capacity. i'd definitely not be against it.

.......On Sunday the 21st of May we will travel to Six Flags Magic Mountain for the first time! .......What is the best strategy for our visit (without a Flash Pass)

I think you meant 21st of June. The entire month of June will be crowded. Without a flash pass, you will spend hours in line and may not be able to ride every ride.

You should use single rider lines whenever possible. You will not be able to ride with your girlfriend, but that is no big deal because the rides only last a couple minutes.

Eat a large meal before coming to the park because the food is expensive.

Travel light. Carry as few items as possible. Don't keep valuables in your pockets because they may fall out during the wild rides. I keep my credit card and car key in a money belt like this.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sport-Travel-Pouch-Bag-Hidden-Compact-Security-Money-Waist-Belt-Holder-Pocket-MG-/181735459039?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a504708df

Edited by mike932