TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Okay so I'm starting to get a bit confused and frustrated here (not so much frustrated but dissapointed, which i cant say im surprised)...Twisted Colossus has been cycling with basically public riders for over week now, and 3 train operation sounds like it just isn't happening. Now, were all the reports before the ride opened that said TC would ALWAYS run 3 trains just blatently incorrect, or is Magic Mountain dropping the ball again even with RMC at their back?

I mean, get it together Magic Mountain and run all 3 trains! Get this thing running like you said you would! What is going on?!

Am I just being too strict, are there more excuses from the park that I've missed, or am I kinda being reasonable? IMO they have had enough time to work out the kinks and this thing should be running smooth by now.

Personally I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect a product to run and operate like they said it would.

Heading to the park tomorrow so my friend can get his TC credit as he's tired of hearing me rave about it. Our plan is to get there at opening and sprint straight to TC. I haven't been to the park on a Saturday In years so wish us luck.

One of the trains must have lost momentum....

This is a bad time for SF to be broken, and I let management know about the grinding on TC and loud noises on Batman, GL, Gold Rusher, etc. The problems with Colossus are more than cosmetic and, IMO, are a safety hazard. Rev was closed and Viper was squealing, too.

I bet they just love you there.

Heading to the park tomorrow so my friend can get his TC credit as he's tired of hearing me rave about it. Our plan is to get there at opening and sprint straight to TC. I haven't been to the park on a Saturday In years so wish us luck.

Park opens Saturday at 10am and its bonus ERT time for season passholers starting at 9am early entrance. It was 95 degrees out in Valencia on Friday so start getting hydrated now.

I need a Dole Whip RIGHT NOW!!!!!

I was going to get a Dole Whip on Wednesday just after 7PM and the Dole Whip station at Food ETC was already closed.

I had to settle for Mango Pineapple Dippin' Dots (once I found a location selling it that was actually open) which was pretty good. On another note, the Dippin' Dots guy said that Revolution would get a makeover next year.

Haven't these noises been the obvious result of the shocks on the trains? Look at the RMC rides that have squeaks. All use RMC trains with the shocks

I haven't heard the noises, and I rode Twisted Colossus twice on Wednesday. Maybe I was just too busy enjoying the ride to notice.

Park opens Saturday at 10am and its bonus ERT time for season passholers starting at 9am early entrance. It was 95 degrees out in Valencia on Friday so start getting hydrated now.

It will most likely be EWT (Exclusive Wait Time), like it was on Wednesday. The park should call it Early Access instead of ERT, so they aren't lying. Still, its worth getting there early so you're in line before the masses arrive. Once you get off the ride, if the posted wait time is 90 min or less, get back in line if you want to ride again. The line will probably only get longer (especially on a Saturday). I'm glad I got back in line on Wednesday (the posted wait time was 90 min but the wait was about 60 min since they were running all three trains) after my morning ride as later in the afternoon the ride was having technical difficulties and was closed when I came back to the entrance after 7PM.

Clearly you have never been introduced to the fickle beast known as the PLC and Murphy's Law.

Oh poo-poo, you got me! WICKED BURRRRRNNNN!!

Thank you for the very enthralling and informative post. Really, a quality contribution.

Says the person who complained about the lack of trees at a park that is practically built in the woods.

Post of the month.

I know SFMM does not do a good job managing or maintaining their rides. With that being said, in all seriousness, isn't it possible that TC is just having some growing pains as RMC hasn't made a coaster like this before (and SFMM hasn't run one like this before), and that it will take some time for it to consistently be operational and racing? I just think it's a bit early to start bashing the park when we don't know the full story.

Okay so I'm starting to get a bit confused and frustrated here (not so much frustrated but dissapointed, which i cant say im surprised)...Twisted Colossus has been cycling with basically public riders for over week now, and 3 train operation sounds like it just isn't happening. Now, were all the reports before the ride opened that said TC would ALWAYS run 3 trains just blatently incorrect, or is Magic Mountain dropping the ball again even with RMC at their back?

I mean, get it together Magic Mountain and run all 3 trains! Get this thing running like you said you would! What is going on?!

Am I just being too strict, are there more excuses from the park that I've missed, or am I kinda being reasonable? IMO they have had enough time to work out the kinks and this thing should be running smooth by now.

Personally I don't think it's that unreasonable to expect a product to run and operate like they said it would.

I think they are waiting for the 4th train to run 3 all the time. I hope the 4th train makes them run 3 alot more.

Went to Hurricane Harbor today, cool how the high five is right there watchable. I watched one exactly duel, and another where they were slightly off and some not dueling. They should really know how to duel correctly by now. If it is a train issue then they have no excuse once the 4th train comes.

Staffing at Hurricane Harbor was really low. Tornado was closed, the racers, both set of black slides, and at first tiki falls but then that opened and another closed. I was next in line to go down the Orange and yellow Bonzai Pipelines drop when the guy in front of me was very scared and chickened out. He originally waited and wanted to go on the black slide which water was flowing into but they had no lifeguard on the bottom. The lifeguard called to try to get a lifeguard to quickly go to the black slide so the scared guy could go down but was declined. So he was forced to go down the scary slide he didn't want.

MM would be so much better if they put some effort in line queues and capacity. They should never be understaffed. They should train extra people who are always on call to come work in emergency. They make so much on food etc to afford to pay for another 10 lifeguards or ride operators. In the past few years they have made huge strides in keeping bathrooms clean etc now they just need to make lines shorter and all available better!

Clearly you have never been introduced to the fickle beast known as the PLC and Murphy's Law.

Thank you for the very enthralling and informative post. Really, a quality contribution.

Says the person who complained about the lack of trees at a park that is practically built in the woods.

TNT wins.

they should setup misters on the coaster tracks, but instead of water, use WD-40 so the rides don't make any noise.

initially, my mind went to men in trench coats with long mustaches standing by the tracks trying to sale riders bootleg rolex's.

HAHAHAHA!!!! Thank you TNT!

Hate to be the person that asks slightly dumb questions, has the holidays started yet? In LA on Monday and was thinking of going, but if it's crazy busy, I will just wait to towards the end of the season.

Does anyone know what time ERT for gold pass is tomorrow? We got an email saying 9 and that that was 1 hour early, but park website says it opens at 1030 to gp, so that would make ERT at 930? Have tried contacting park but got very confused people and no answer.

Does anyone know what time ERT for gold pass is tomorrow? We got an email saying 9 and that that was 1 hour early, but park website says it opens at 1030 to gp, so that would make ERT at 930? Have tried contacting park but got very confused people and no answer.

How fast can you run a half mile? If you can't run fast, you will be at the back of the line of Twisted Colossus anyway. And it is likely that the ride will not open on time. According to the following website, tomorrow's ERT is open to ALL passholders, not just gold passholders, at 9am....

http://www.californiacoasterkings.com/important-dates/

How fast can you run a half mile? If you can't run fast, you will be at the back of the line of Twisted Colossus anyway. And it is likely that the ride will not open on time. According to the following website, tomorrow's ERT is open to ALL passholders, not just gold passholders, at 9am....

http://www.californiacoasterkings.com/important-dates/

When I read the email I see no mention of special ride time for Gold Passholers only mentioned as season passholers good catch park schd is to open Sunday the 31st so perhaps ERT or EAT is moved to 9:30 but considering that Hurricane Harbor is now entering its 2nd week of 2015 season and even their own web site has yet to update possible perks for 2015 and still only shows 2014 yet I know HH is already hosting BAFF ... ahh whatever

First thing in the morning Twisted is so loud but still a pretty sweet ride once it gets warmed up . And people before hopping into a seat have someone else hold your god damm drink cups and dont delay the launch. Other day was hilarious I watched a guest hand over his cup to attendant and attendant did a no look behind his back toss towards the exit gate and the other guests waiting to board broke out in thunderous applause over it.