TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Has anyone seen the new Kwerk show? How long is it? How long ahead of time should one wait for it before showtime? Do they show it on weekdays too? If not, what days?

I'm using my April/May weekday bring a friend free offer on Wednesday and I notice there is passholder ERT right before the park opens to the GP. Is your friend that you bring in free with the season pass allowed to partake in the passholder ERT also, or just the passholder? If the friend cannot partake in the passholder ERT, can he/she enter the park with you when they let the passholders enter for ERT, or does he/she have to wait at the park gate for GP opening? Anyone that knows the answer to this, I appreciate the help. Thanks.

Has anyone seen the new Kwerk show? How long is it? How long ahead of time should one wait for it before showtime? Do they show it on weekdays too? If not, what days?

when i was there yesterday, memorial day, and in line for TC, there was just a small line outside. then it opened up and it seemed like they were waiting for people to come in. i saw the worker on the side door asking people if they wanted to come in. i wasn't surprised cause it seemed like everyone was in line for TC. lol

Entered the park at 9:35 or so. No one was in line at the gate. Walked to Colossus and the line was just inside the queue. Line didn't move for 15-20 minutes. By the time I rode it was 10:30. So only got 1 ride in ERT. Went back Colossus around 3:30 and the line was just outside the queue. 2 Trains both times. Missed dueling both times. First one the train didn't go fast enough to catch up on the hill so we sped up. 2nd time other train was no where to be found, still at the station. Sat in the very back for the first time and the speed was great and great air time. Sat in the very front the 2nd time for the first time and that first drop that feeling of hanging while you wait to drop is cool. Heard a couple employees answering questions about the 3rd train and one said "the 3rd one is off for maintenance" while another said "we don't have enough employees."

Green Lantern was down alot. And revolution was closed all day. Tatsu in the back seemed very slow for some reason. Rode X in the very back and it was the wildest ride i've ever had on that ride. 1 train operation for Apoc and Ninja, even Full Throttle at one point. Went into the Full Throttle line at 4:45 and had to leave the line around 5:30 as it was down for quite a bit while we only moved halfway thru the queue by the monitor in all that time.

IMAG1568.thumb.jpg.a8907e7cb91e6caa43a43dbadaf5ab41.jpg

Around 3:30pm

IMAG1566.thumb.jpg.68fd5579633b133cfc02ba81c23aebb5.jpg

As I was leaving Colossus in the morning this whole family of ducks in line were all walking to ride Colossus! Hilarious!

Edited by Freestyle23

Entered the park at 9:35 or so. No one was in line at the gate. Walked to Colossus and the line was just inside the queue. Line didn't move for 15-20 minutes. By the time I rode it was 10:30. So only got 1 ride in ERT. Went to back Colossus around 3:30 and the line was just outside the queue. 2 Trains both times. Missed dueling both times. First one the train didn't go fast enough to catch up on the hill so we sped up. 2nd time other train was no where to be found, still at the station. Sat in the very back for the first time and the speed was great and great air time. Sat in the very front the 2nd time for the first time and that first drop that feeling of hanging while you wait to drop is cool. Heard a couple employees answering questions about the 3rd train and one said "the 3rd one is off for maintenance" while another said "we don't have enough employees."

Green Lantern was down alot. And revolution was closed all day. Tatsu in the back seemed very slow for some reason. Rode X in the very back and it was the wildest ride i've ever had on that ride. 1 train operation for Apoc and Ninja, even YOLOcoaster at one point. Went into the YOLOcoaster line at 4:45 and had to leave the line around 5:30 as it was down for quite a bit while we only moved halfway thru the queue by the monitor in all that time.

Did you have any friends with you since it was free bring a friend day? If so, were they allowed to participate in the passholder ERT with you or enter the park at 9:30 with you?

Entered the park at 9:35 or so. No one was in line at the gate. Walked to Colossus and the line was just inside the queue. Line didn't move for 15-20 minutes. By the time I rode it was 10:30. So only got 1 ride in ERT. Went to back Colossus around 3:30 and the line was just outside the queue. 2 Trains both times. Missed dueling both times. First one the train didn't go fast enough to catch up on the hill so we sped up. 2nd time other train was no where to be found, still at the station. Sat in the very back for the first time and the speed was great and great air time. Sat in the very front the 2nd time for the first time and that first drop that feeling of hanging while you wait to drop is cool. Heard a couple employees answering questions about the 3rd train and one said "the 3rd one is off for maintenance" while another said "we don't have enough employees."

Green Lantern was down alot. And revolution was closed all day. Tatsu in the back seemed very slow for some reason. Rode X in the very back and it was the wildest ride i've ever had on that ride. 1 train operation for Apoc and Ninja, even YOLOcoaster at one point. Went into the YOLOcoaster line at 4:45 and had to leave the line around 5:30 as it was down for quite a bit while we only moved halfway thru the queue by the monitor in all that time.

Did you have any friends with you since it was free bring a friend day? If so, were they allowed to participate in the passholder ERT with you or enter the park at 9:30 with you?

I used my bring a friend during that March time period. I had a friend but he has the membership. Not sure if friends entering free can ride ERT, guessing no.

"we don't have enough employees" lol, that really doesn't make sense to me. maintenance makes more sense, laziness or trying to keep wear and tear down to a minimum a little more.

This early in the rides life it's possible the way SFMM operates. Sad but true. Usually with 3 trains an additional operator or two is required. The way their training is set up is that anyone can become an "attendant" in a matter of minutes, but to be fully certified for certain positions it's a longer training process. Given that so much of their workforce are kids in high school, they probably haven't had a chance to train as many operators as they would like to.

"we don't have enough employees" lol, that really doesn't make sense to me. maintenance makes more sense, laziness or trying to keep wear and tear down to a minimum a little more.

This early in the rides life it's possible the way SFMM operates. Sad but true. Usually with 3 trains an additional operator or two is required. The way their training is set up is that anyone can become an "attendant" in a matter of minutes, but to be fully certified for certain positions it's a longer training process. Given that so much of their workforce are kids in high school, they probably haven't had a chance to train as many operators as they would like to.

i just don't understand why 3 trains needs more workers than 2. they are only dealing with one at a time.

Whether it's a manufacturer or Six Flags mandate, it does actually make sense. More team members allow for faster dispatches and more pairs of eyes to monitor things as things get busier in the station.

Whether it's a manufacturer or Six Flags mandate, it does actually make sense. More team members allow for faster dispatches and more pairs of eyes to monitor things as things get busier in the station.

what i can believe is, we don't have enough employees to be fast enough to make it worth running three trains. ie: 3 attendants per side vs. 1 or 2.

yesterday they had 2 on each side, and two board operators. one doing all the dispatching and the other helping check the seat sensors. the rest were just standing behind the board like you see in the pic i posted.

I'm curious, and I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but what did they do with the old station for the second track? Was it demolished, or left as is, or is it part of the queue for the existing Coaster?

I'm curious, and I'm sorry if this has been addressed, but what did they do with the old station for the second track? Was it demolished, or left as is, or is it part of the queue for the existing Coaster?

most of it is the que line. the rest is a wall and break area for the employees.

what i can believe is, we don't have enough employees to be fast enough to make it worth running three trains. ie: 3 attendants per side vs. 1 or 2.

yesterday they had 2 on each side, and two board operators. one doing all the dispatching and the other helping check the seat sensors. the rest were just standing behind the board like you see in the pic i posted.

That's probably the training. I'm assuming nothing has changed since I left over 10 years ago and that they were shadowing the "panel" position as part of their training.

The employee that assigns you which row to go said that this little girl rode it 76 times already. She was there for media day and every day except finally not going today. That is insane. I have ridden it 7 times so far, how many have you guys?

The employee that assigns you which row to go said that this little girl rode it 76 times already. She was there for media day and every day except finally not going today. That is insane. I have ridden it 7 times so far, how many have you guys?

That may be insane, but it sure puts a smile on my face! That's a roller

Coaster enthusiast in training right there!

if i could, i'd ride it that much. meaning, if i was there on some super dead day. but i got 30 during filming and waited 2:40 for 1 more on memorial day. haha

most of it is the que line. the rest is a wall and break area for the employees.

Ok, thank you for filling me in! If anyone could possibly get a pic of it, that would be cool.

Rode TC for the first time tonight. All I can say is that it is AMAZING.

Got in line at 7:40, ride broke down around 8:15, although the park closed at 8 they gave guests the option to go ride X2 or Tatsu, which is pretty cool. Really, cool for me because I moved up to one train behind the front of line. The team members said they would give up around 9:15, and luckily they got the ride working again at 9:20! One of the trains had been stuck at the base of the green lift hill. They had issues getting it going again.

Going to the park next month. Six Flags hasn't updated the Flash Pass ride list online (Still says Colossus when you go to buy them!), is Twisted Colossus available right now to use Flash Pass with? I'm assuming it's platinum only right now, but is it a per ride up-charge as well like X2? Thanks!