TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I am sure it's worth the wait, I've waited 3 hours for Kingda Ka, and it was worth it. And this ride is way better.

That said, assuming there is ERT on Twisted Colossus for the WCB I will gladly marathon the crap out of it and be glad I don't really have to wait on lines

just got home from my memorial day adventure...

that place was disney packed today. i'll have to check my dash cam to see how long it took, but as soon as we made it through the parking turnstile, it was stop and go...more stop than go. i want to say it took at least 30-40 minutes to park in the gravel/dirt north of freeman road. when i left, there were cars against the trees. so the lot was pretty packed there, too.

long walk up to lots of people at security. anyway, finally to the end of the TC line which at the time i got it, was at the entrance to drop of doom with the 3 hour sign right there. 2:40 ish later, we were sitting in the back row...which, btw, i asked for, and was granted without any resistance whatsoever.

great ride as usual, a walk counterclockwise to the exit for some exercise and my day was over.

that was the longest i've ever waited for a ride. i've waited for the beast for 2 hours at night a long time ago, but i think that's the most. my friend could go, and i had the bring a friend i wasn't going to use any other day this week before it expires, so, screw it, let's check it out today.

ride operators were doing pretty great. one operator was slow. the girl working the board when i was in the station was awesome. the trains dueled probably more than they didn't. i only got one side duel and it was a little late. the blue side as i suspected can haul ass up the lift faster than it ever did during the commercial filming. also, from reports, it seems the green can slow down even more than what's normal. so my dueling expectations have gone from thinking it would pretty much never, to expecting it to happen often. we would have dueled on my first trip out if it wasn't for one guest holding up something and making the attendant grab it and hand it to someone waiting on the exit ramp.

Just returned home from the park. I haven't seen the park that crowded in ages! figured I would do a mini TR.

We ended up getting to the park around 10am with a huge amount of cars in front of use and almost all of the toll booths open. After parking we headed in and saw the TC line almost passing Goliath's entrance! We decided to hold off and went down to Scream. This is the first time I've seen Scream have a line outside of it's entrance since its opening year. We ended up waiting a little over 30 minutes. The ops were doing a great job with their 2 trains. The 3rd train was not on the transfer and no where to be seen. The ride was your typical B&M floorless experience with its usual rattle.

Next up was Batman. Having not been to the park in a while (other than the TC commercial filming) does anyone know if it received new trains? Or were they just repainted and refurbished? Either way, it was an amazing, forceful ride as always. 2 trains running and wait time of about 40 minutes.

After Batman, we decided to grab some lunch and went to the BBQ place by Riddler's. I got the pulled pork sandwich platter with mashed potatoes and gravy and kettle chips. The sandwich was really good, bigger than I thought it would be and the chips had a nice BBQ seasoning. The mashed potatoes left something to be desired, they were pretty bland. Also at lunch, I saw that they were offering a sports refill bottle for free refills all season for $19.99 +tax. I ended up getting one as I will be back much more this summer for some Twisted Colossus rides!

Next up, we decided to brave out the Twisted Colossus line which had somewhat decreased to just in front of Lex Luthor. The man handing out tickets said the line was about 2 hours from this point. We ended up waiting just shy of 3 hours, however the ops were doing amazing. Really hauling to get those trains out as fast as possible and I actually only saw the ride stack maybe one or two times. There was even some down time for them while they waited for trains to complete the circuit. With 3 trains running, operations seemed to go very quickly. The staff was great and the energy in the station was awesome with every train coming back with people clapping and cheering. The only interesting thing I saw was that car 5 (rows 9 & 10) on the Orange train were not being loaded. Not sure what was going on with that. Never the less we managed to get a back seat ride, row 12 on the Orange train. I've wanted a back seat ride on this thing since last Tuesday and today I finally got it! This ride is insane in the back, the air time even more intense and it just seemed even wilder.

After Twisted Colossus, we ended up just walking around as my friend was not dealing with the heat too well. We walked by Full Throttle which was cycling an empty train, no guests in the station or queue, anyone know if it reopened? He sat out while I caught a ride on Riddler's which was good as always. Yeah it's a little rough but it's definitely my favorite stand up by far.

After Riddler we decided to call it a day. I can't stress enough how much I love Twisted Colossus! It's hands down my favorite ride in all of California and my 2nd favorite after Maverick at Cedar Point. The Screampunk District looks awesome and I actually saw a decent crowd lining up for the 2pm Kwerk show. The park was packed which I was glad to see, as it seems like this is just the ride the park needed to get people to come back and check it out. Operations on all of the rides seemed to be awesome and I'm really hoping that the park will continue to focus on throughput for not just Twisted Colossus, but the whole park in general. If today was any indication on how the summer will go, things are really starting to look up for this park and I can't wait to see what they have in store for the future!

IMG_2983.thumb.JPG.d495bf9ff5655bb9745e7f8a437d3f65.JPG

the safety information board for Twisted Colossus. i really don't often read the boards too often but is diabetes mentioned often on them?

IMG_3001.thumb.JPG.6cf2e566c7eb7288c33b43902b7db3c1.JPG

the blonde girl with the ponytail was kicking ass!

Not excited to see the wait for TC is over 2.5 hours but I am happy to hear such great reviews about it. The ride looks extremely exciting and should be a blast once I ride soon.

On a side note, does anyone currently know whether or not there is a BAFF coupon for next weekend? Also has anyone had any luck with the BAFF coupon working with the TC ERT?

I overheard so many people saying they were using their bring-a-friend ticket today. Up to this point, there have literally been more employees than people there on weekdays in May... So I'd assume most people had already used there's. I had already used mine, but I'm there every week at least one, so that's a different sorry.

Looks like the demand for Twisted Colossus exceeded everyone's expectations so far. I hope the park is not insanely packed on Wednesday, though I do expect decent crowds. I also hope that the lines for Tatsu and X2 are a little shorter now with Twisted Colossus being the new hotness.

Anyways I have a couple of questions for season pass holders or anyone else who knows. I'm using my April/May weekday bring a friend free offer on Wednesday and I notice there is passholder ERT right before the park opens to the GP. Is your friend that you bring in free with the season pass allowed to partake in the passholder ERT also, or just the passholder? If the friend cannot partake in the passholder ERT, can he/she enter the park with you when they let the passholders enter for ERT, or does he/she have to wait at the park gate for GP opening? Anyone that knows the answer to this, I appreciate the help. Thanks.

I am sure it's worth the wait, I've waited 3 hours for Kingda Ka, and it was worth it. And this ride is way better.

That said, assuming there is ERT on Twisted Colossus for the WCB I will gladly marathon the crap out of it and be glad I don't really have to wait on lines

LOL I can see it now... morning and night ERT... 5 or 6 open coasters and no one goes anywhere else but TC...

I was just thinking..... how cool a dueling "GLOWFEST" would be on this thing with most of the other lights off!!!

LOL I can see it now... morning and night ERT... 5 or 6 open coasters and no one goes anywhere else but TC...

I was just thinking..... how cool a dueling "GLOWFEST" would be on this thing with most of the other lights off!!!

This is a fantastic idea! Strap some LED's on the trains for night ERT and you're gonna have some of the most badass pictures ever taken of a coaster. And riding it with all the lights off...my god that would be so much fun.

^That is what it looks like to me as well. You can see the conduit running to the PA junction box.

yeah, it's the "whoop whoop" foot control. btw, can we get a petition going to ban "whoop whoop" from sfmm ride operators?

How many trains today?

And are they dueling?

Two trains today. Orange and purple. They've been dispatching fairly quickly so the majority of cycles are dueling once.

Edit: Scratch that. Watching right now and they seem pretty out of sync. A lot of non-dueling cycles.

Edited by cgaridesman

1 hour wait for TC at opening, two trains and a lot of dispatches out of sync. My ride didn't duel once.

Rode Scream with 15 min wait for front row, two trains running.

Rode Batman with a 20 min wait, two trains running.

Lex Luthor is 20 min.