TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Wow! This looks like it's turning out to be the greatest hit the park has had since X2 opened up as X. I'm hoping to make it there this Tuesday or Wednesday, hopefully it won't be as crowded then. Can't wait to ride!

TC on CBS national news....

That's a pretty cool segment they did. I like the song they chose for the TC footage.

Apparently someone passed out on the ride, no injuries reported

I could see this happening. Rides intense, even for a veteran like me. Hope opening day was a gas!

Love the ride, but kinda surprised at someone passing out. I could see because of excitement and how great the ride is or shocked at what the coaster just did but not because it is so intense. I rode it 5 times in a row Sunday with the line being 15-25 minutes long. I didn't once think after riding that I am getting nauseous or dizzy I better stop. To me most of the other coasters are more intense and make me nauseous after a few times and I never get sick. This coaster is a different type of fun. By the way I sat in rows 5 twice, 6 twice and row 9. Going to go get some more rides in early Tuesday morning. I want to see how it is in the very back and front. The very first time I had my seatbelt too tight and the bar tight that when I loosened the belt and bar the times after it was so much better feeling every air moment as i was flying all round the seat. Make sure you leave some room for your belt and bar people!

Love the ride, but kinda surprised at someone passing out. I could see because of excitement and how great the ride is or shocked at what the coaster just did but not because it is so intense. I rode it 5 times in a row Sunday with the line being 15-25 minutes long.

5 times in a row with 15-25 minute break you mean? there were some that tapped out during filming after 4-5 in a row. 4-5 without getting off ever. that's in a row to me.

also, as far as dueling, some of the videos i've watched show the blue side seemingly just hauling ass up the lift hill to meet the green side. it never was that fast during filming. usually we just about met the back of the green side when getting on the lift. in the videos, i see the green side halfway up the lift already. at least an entire train length. i assume that's why it's able to duel so often. i'm hoping for my first dual, duel.

Yeah I wonder the facts about the person. Can't judge without knowing more. I have yet to ride this back to back with no recovery time yet so it could make me dizzy but I mean even just going on some rides once I get a little dizzy. Haven't yet. 3 out of 5 rides dueled almost perfect for me. One of them I was halfway up the lift on the green side when the blue came up flying and met even just at the very top. One of the times we didn't duel it didn't on either side. The other time the blue train made it to the bottom of the lift as the green was in the middle but it didn't go very fast to catch up, I think because the green just passed the certain sensor and then the green sped up a little to go on without it. Dueling makes it way better. I wonder if this ride will ever be a walk-on(during the week). Of course no time soon but maybe in the off-season on a weekday and rainy day. But looking forward to this ride taking people from X and Tatsu and making them shorter. Tatsu always seems to be around the 45 minute mark whenever I go. If it can get to 20-30 minutes i'd love that. Looks like you can go left now when the park opens and get some rides on X alot easier now.

Not sure if it's related to the guest incident mentioned above, but the ride is down to two trains. Mechanics working on the third. (Dueling actually seemed more reliable with two trains, though. Ha)

Assuming the incident reported is true, that is likely the case---per the state law, they have to keep it offline until it's confirmed what happened with the guest. Anything beyond "normal first aid" has to be reported to the state and the state has to give the OK.

Anyways...saw a report today of a 3hr posted wait time and no single rider open. Ouch.

^ Makes sense. Hope the person is OK.

And yes, the single rider line was not open today (heard an employee telling someone it won't come online for a while).

I rode four separate times today. My shortest wait was 2 hours and 10 minutes. My longest wait was 3 hours and 20 minutes, which I think is the longest I've ever waited for a ride!

Not sure if it's related to the guest incident mentioned above, but the ride is down to two trains. Mechanics working on the third. (Dueling actually seemed more reliable with two trains, though. Ha)

Assuming the incident reported is true, that is likely the case---per the state law, they have to keep it offline until it's confirmed what happened with the guest. Anything beyond "normal first aid" has to be reported to the state and the state has to give the OK.

Anyways...saw a report today of a 3hr posted wait time and no single rider open. Ouch.

don't they have 4 trains with the expressed purposed of the 4th to be subbed on when needed if one train goes down? TC is being really well recived, but it's clear SFMM still has a lot of kinks to work out. Though they did a good job with line management it seems for it's official opening day.

It was only running 2 trains on Friday from 2:45-5:45 when I rode it. I seemed to always ride the orange train. That screeching sound before the high 5 seemed really loud. I wonder how often they have to change the wheels or polish them. On busy days I live by the single rider line even when I am with someone if the normal line is over a half hour(excluding Tatsu and X and Full Throttle.) Really looking forward to the single rider especially more so that there is no preferred seating. I asked an employee if I could wait for the front or back and they kept saying sorry no preferred seating which is understandable. One lady I rode next to said she only has a regular season pass and they let her thru. The first time I went passed the barrier he checked that I had a season pass for a couple seconds. The second time I went in there he didn't even care. Just saw that I had a card and said ok. Wonder how many of those in the half hour wait really only had gold passes.

Just curious how were the waits of Tatsu, X and Full Throttle and even Superman today? Of course busy because it's Saturday but curious how they will be even during the week compared to Colossus. I'll find out Tuesday when I go. Soon school is getting out so everything will always have a line. But if those big rides are less than 30 minutes while Colossus is an hour+ i'd love that(for the other rides).

don't they have 4 trains with the expressed purposed of the 4th to be subbed on when needed if one train goes down? TC is being really well recived, but it's clear SFMM still has a lot of kinks to work out. Though they did a good job with line management it seems for it's official opening day.

The 4th train hasn't been delivered yet.

Maybe the fourth train is being shipped with the supposed color LED flood flights...

^^ Yes, but it didn't seem overly busy. The only people I saw eating there were members of management.

As someone else mentioned a few pages back, the bathroom next to the sandwich place is ridiculously small. Even the men's restroom had a line today (perhaps due to there only being one urinal inside).

^^ Yes, but it didn't seem overly busy. The only people I saw eating there were members of management.

As someone else mentioned a few pages back, the bathroom next to the sandwich place is ridiculously small. Even the men's restroom had a line today (perhaps due to there only being one urinal inside).

What I noticed about the bathroom was the air condition felt really good and it was clean. And there was an employee right outside the bathroom keeping an eye always.

It was only running 2 trains on Friday from 2:45-5:45 when I rode it. I seemed to always ride the orange train. That screeching sound before the high 5 seemed really loud. I wonder how often they have to change the wheels or polish them. On busy days I live by the single rider line even when I am with someone if the normal line is over a half hour(excluding Tatsu and X and YOLOcoaster.) Really looking forward to the single rider especially more so that there is no preferred seating. I asked an employee if I could wait for the front or back and they kept saying sorry no preferred seating which is understandable. One lady I rode next to said she only has a regular season pass and they let her thru. The first time I went passed the barrier he checked that I had a season pass for a couple seconds. The second time I went in there he didn't even care. Just saw that I had a card and said ok. Wonder how many of those in the half hour wait really only had gold passes.

Just curious how were the waits of Tatsu, X and YOLOcoaster and even Superman today? Of course busy because it's Saturday but curious how they will be even during the week compared to Colossus. I'll find out Tuesday when I go. Soon school is getting out so everything will always have a line. But if those big rides are less than 30 minutes while Colossus is an hour+ i'd love that(for the other rides).

That is what I mean, give gold passes members a different card so when we ever a new ride opens. Regular season pass holder don't get in. Come on MM get it together.

I wonder if this ride will ever be a walk-on(during the week).

I doubt it since the X2 line is always long.

Does anyone know if the Drop of Doom line is ever long? I'm hoping it is always short since lots of people are petrified of that ride.

Saturday all the rides were busy. For most of the day, the entire queue for FT was nearly full. Scream was out the entry several times. I needed to even wait on Goldrusher for 10 minutes once. The overflow parking was half full. That tells you how many people were at the park yesterday. Single train rides (Riddler, Ninja, Apocalypse) = long lines.

One last day for me today...

Maybe the fourth train is being shipped with the supposed color LED flood flights...

The lights are coming, just a matter of when.

Forth train is supposedly going to show up on the transfer track towards the end of summer when they take one of the other three off for maintenance but no sooner. We'll see if that holds true.

Also, single rider line supposedly won't be used because they don't want everyone flooding that line and making single rider take just as long as the normal line. Why that's the case, I don't know but that's what I heard.

I wonder if this ride will ever be a walk-on(during the week).

I doubt it since the X2 line is always long.

Does anyone know if the Drop of Doom line is ever long? I'm hoping it is always short since lots of people are petrified of that ride.

It's short more than it's long, and in case it is long, there's a single rider line for it. It's also been on the regular flash pass for the last 18 months or so.

It's short more than it's long, and in case it is long, there's a single rider line for it. It's also been on the regular flash pass for the last 18 months or so.

Thank you sir. I'm going ride Drop of Doom 15 times in a row. It's the closest I will ever get to skydiving.

Also, single rider line supposedly won't be used because they don't want everyone flooding that line and making single rider take just as long as the normal line. Why that's the case, I don't know but that's what I heard.

All the other SR lines at the park are well hidden and people dont find them unless they're seeking them out, so such an obvious SR line is something that MM doesn't deal with.

DLR/Magic Kingdom veterans, is this ever a problem at the Disney Parks? I know they have much more conspicuous SR lines at their parks, but I havent really been since they've been utilized there. Do you ever see large groups of people flooding the SR lines?

Thank you sir. I'm going ride Drop of Doom 15 times in a row. It's the closest I will ever get to skydiving.
Use the flash pass and then use the SR line when you're waiting for your next flash pass reservation, you can marathon it pretty well that way.

All the other SR lines at the park are well hidden and people dont find them unless they're seeking them out, so such an obvious SR line is something that MM doesn't deal with.

DLR/Magic Kingdom veterans, is this ever a problem at the Disney Parks? I know they have much more conspicuous SR lines at their parks, but I havent really been since they've been utilized there. Do you ever see large groups of people flooding the SR lines?

Use the flash pass and then use the SR line when you're waiting for your next flash pass reservation, you can marathon it pretty well that way.

that's just a dumb explanation imo for not using the single rider line. that's what it's for, to fill empty seats and get more people through the line. at californiia adventure the single rider line is always full for radiator springs racers. i've only once gone through the regular line of transformers. but both of those parks are excellent at organizing riders.

also, i believe the line on drop of doom stays relatively short because of the height. it's one of those rides where you always have some just freaking out on it.

TC seems to be the only ride that has dedicated queue space for single riders (even though it's not being used...right now because SF is still learning how to operate the ride, basically). And this is a good idea: when I went on Thursday, trains went out with 1-2 empty spaces because of groups of 1 or 3 (or 5).

It is a little-known fact that ALL rides at SF have single-rider lines (according to one of their gold pass newsletters published several months ago), but that only a handful of rides have posted signage. For rides that don't have SR signage, it is at the ride operator's discretion. Goliath, that means you!

Re: 4 trains: TC will never (according to park management) run 4 trains at once. One will always be in rehab. Also, having that 4th train on the tracks will not increase RPH because it really isn't possible to load one train in 60 seconds.