TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Ride has been down for close to an hour now, but I haven't seen anyone forced to get out of line. Park must be crowded. Scream's line is out onto the midway.

Ah, I was told they were made to leave the station. As long as people are allowed to wait I have no problem with them not giving exit passes.

Also the answer to the above question (in my opinion) would be at whatever point people have to leave. If they cleared the station and people could start waiting out of the station, then I would give boarding passes to anyone who was in the station and asked to leave, but not to anyone who had not yet made it into the station.

Wow, it's been down for an hour? I hope it's not a gum problem again.

It sounds weird, but it kind of irritates me to see so many on-ride selfies and customer POVs out there. People just do not follow rules and then when something happens or someone gets hurt, the park has to take all the blame for it. As many coasters as I have ridden, I have never once taken my cell phone out of my pocket to take pictures/videos during a ride. It's just as bad texting/facebooking/instagraming while driving. End of rant

It sounds weird, but it kind of irritates me to see so many on-ride selfies and customer POVs out there. People just do not follow rules and then when something happens or someone gets hurt, the park has to take all the blame for it. As many coasters as I have ridden, I have never once taken my cell phone out of my pocket to take pictures/videos during a ride. It's just as bad texting/facebooking/instagraming while driving. End of rant

It doesn't sound weird at all. The rules are there for a very good reason, the safety of the guests.

Ride just came back online. And yes, I'd imagine letting go of a phone on this ride could cause some serious damage if it were to hit someone in the face.

The park really needs to increase the length of the Steampunk soundtrack. I've heard each song what feels like 50 times already. Ha

I just realized that during TC's opening ceremony, Bonnie said the iron horse was a "Six Flags exclusive right now". Which was suspected before but now it's confirmed.

Make me wonder how long they have exclusive rights and which parks are salivating at the chance to get RMC iron horsing for their woodies.

Waited 3 hours and 20 minutes for my second ride (including an hourlong breakdown), but it was worth it.

My train dueled in perfect synchrony on both laps! The ride is great without dueling, but the dueling really adds to the experience and takes the ride to another level, IMO. The ride became much more disorienting when you're watching another train fly around you.

I was scolded by an employee for leaving my assigned row and waiting for the front instead, but she let me stay. Loved the view from the front but probably preferred the additional airtime in the back.

I always thought that was just a rumor and six flags was just keeping rmc really busy and they just didn't have time to work with anyone else.

Correct. Six Flags is the only company with I-Box rides, but not the only one that can buy one.

I always thought that was just a rumor and six flags was just keeping rmc really busy and they just didn't have time to work with anyone else.

Correct. Six Flags is the only company with I-Box rides, but not the only one that can buy one.

It's a Six Flags exclusive according to Magic Mountain president Bonnie Rabjohn, the video of her stating this is on youtube if you wanna check it out.

It's not, according to RMC.

Six Flags is awesome to work with and they have kept us busy. They gave us our first break with the New Texas Giant and they continue to believe in RMC and our coasters. We will continue to work with them and other Non-Six Flags parks. They do not have an exclusive.

It's a Six Flags exclusive according to Magic Mountain president Bonnie Rabjohn, the video of her stating this is on youtube if you wanna check it out.

It's not, according to RMC.

Six Flags is awesome to work with and they have kept us busy. They gave us our first break with the New Texas Giant and they continue to believe in RMC and our coasters. We will continue to work with them and other Non-Six Flags parks. They do not have an exclusive.

This quote can be interpreted different ways though. "They don't have an exclusive" can mean they don't have a monopoly on the company as a whole, which is why we've seen Outlaw Run and plans for Wildfire. Nothing suggests that Six Flags doesn't have an exclusive on the ibox track.

On the flipside Bonnie's comment can be interpreted different ways as well, "it's a Six Flags exclusive" could just mean that they're the only chain with the technology so far. OR it could mean they do have some type of contract with RMC. Parks do this all the time, wasn't there some contract with Busch and B&M preventing other chains from installing dive coasters in the U.S. for a time? It's business

That screenshot you posted is from Monday. I was only there Tuesday. You were there both days, right?

yeah, i was there both days, wearing the same thing. rushed home washed my clothes and wore them again. lol

when you watch stuff, just remember blue train monday, purple tuesday.

John, I think I sat by you for a few rides on Tuesday. I remember you posting about the shirt and having to wash it to wear again the next day. I was in the red polo shirt passing out the sunscreen. It looks the POV video mixes the shots from a bunch of different runs on Mon-Wed. I was able to spot myself a few times but I was sitting next to different people (I was almost always in the orange train). Most of the shots I'm in are in the first 30 seconds and then from the 4:10 mark to the end. It was so fun to be able to ride over and over, it's too bad they almost ruined the shoot by using the models who clearly didn't want to be there. I wonder if any of our footage will make it into the official TC commercial?

yeah, that's me. i saw you on some media day videos, and some others from mon/tue. i was getting jealous. some i knew where there all three days. LOL

I just realized that during TC's opening ceremony, Bonnie said the iron horse was a "Six Flags exclusive right now". Which was suspected before but now it's confirmed.

Make me wonder how long they have exclusive rights and which parks are salivating at the chance to get RMC iron horsing for their woodies.

yeah, on the facebook RMC Q&A, that question was asked multiple times, I think myself included, and they kept saying no exclusive. in bonnie's speech didn't she say something like, "right now"? so yeah, i just think they have RMC locked up and while it's not any contract, they just know no one else is getting a ride other than six flags with the iron horse track for another year or so. so, they call it exclusive.

My favorite is watching people text while bicycling and skateboarding. Good candidate for a Darwin Award.