TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Just 3 more thoughts of mine on TC.

Definitely need to enforce the no camera policy. This will be an issue for them when an incident happens!

Establish a no bag / article policy. Mandatory bag check outside the ride queue. This will speed things up.

Install a test seat to minimize the "walk of shame," and delays preventing dueling.

I'll be at the park today, but not near TC. It will be a madhouse for the foreseeable future.. The closest I'll be will be Scream.

I'm jonesing for more rides on Twisted Colossus, however I'm not going anywhere near the park today. I wonder if TC's wait will reach 3-4 hours.

I'm predicting SFMM's attendance will reach the highest numbers they've seen since the early 00's. Everyone, I mean EVERYONE in the LA area is talking about Twisted Colossus. I think it's piqued a lot of people's interest, both the younger generation and the older generation who rode the original Colossus in the 70's.

i'm interested in the impact this will have on other lines that are the usual long waits...X2 and Tatsu...this is the first ride in a long, long time that I would actually wait in a long line to ride again and again...also interested in whether they are running 3 trains today...yeah, everyone I know is suddenly interested in SFMM again and a trip this Summer....maybe I'll tell them about Bring a Friend days...

Ride appears to be dueling at least every other run. The Green lift can move very slowly, which is good to see. On a run I just watched, the Train on the Blue side was dispatched when the train on the Green aide was already halfway up the lift. They were even by the top of the lift.

Three trains running.

Anyone know if all three trains are running and if it's dueling? I'm headed down for sure Monday for the passholder ERT and might head in early tomorrow as well. We will see.

A friend of mines there and got on one of the first trains of the morning and got a duel on both laps. So yes running 3 trains and dueling (at least earlier)

That screenshot you posted is from Monday. I was only there Tuesday. You were there both days, right?

yeah, i was there both days, wearing the same thing. rushed home washed my clothes and wore them again. lol

when you watch stuff, just remember blue train monday, purple tuesday.

John, I think I sat by you for a few rides on Tuesday. I remember you posting about the shirt and having to wash it to wear again the next day. I was in the red polo shirt passing out the sunscreen. It looks the POV video mixes the shots from a bunch of different runs on Mon-Wed. I was able to spot myself a few times but I was sitting next to different people (I was almost always in the orange train). Most of the shots I'm in are in the first 30 seconds and then from the 4:10 mark to the end. It was so fun to be able to ride over and over, it's too bad they almost ruined the shoot by using the models who clearly didn't want to be there. I wonder if any of our footage will make it into the official TC commercial?

Just show up early and run to the ride. It's better than waiting 4 hours.

got to wait a few weeks and see how things progress with people lining up for it. I'm also thinking that at 3-4 hours long people won't re-ride thus they leave the area and the line just gets shorter throughout the day. Hopefully it'll mirror Medusa at SF:DK, stupidly long line early on in ther day then a ghost town in comparions around 3-5 pm.

Just got off. "4 hour" line was only a little over 2.

Wow. Fantastic ride! Don't know what else I can add to what's already been said. Lots of airtime throughout, the pace is very fast, and the layout is so much fun.

Sadly, dueling is very hit or miss. I didn't have dueling on either of my two runs, and that doesn't appear to be totally uncommon. The ops are hustling, but with no test seat and no lockers / enforcement of no loose articles in line, a lot of boarding time is wasted on people putting things in the bins and larger riders trying to find a way to fit.

Already in line again. Fingers crossed to duel this time!

^ Doesn't look like it, but I haven't tried / asked.

Yeah someone else just told me theyre not using it today, which is a bit baffling.

Also just heard from someone else that the per ride upcharge for TC on FP will be $30..ouch. Those reportedly will be available starting 6/6.

Dang..SFMM dropping the ball on customer service again. A friend of mine just told me on facebook they waited in line for 2.5 hours, got up to the air gates, then the ride broke down and they were told to leave the station and that they could not have a boarding pass..they have to just get in line again. Thats ridiculous. I understand the ride is going to have problems, I don't blame them for the ride breaking down, but ESPECIALLY when the line is that long, to just tell people they wasted 3 hours for nothing and will have to "try again" is extremely poor customer service in my opinion. At least give the first few trains of people a pass.

^^ I totally understand the frustration with that, but where in line do they stop giving out passes? Someone will just miss them and may have been in line for 2 hours as well. They can't have a pass line of 2 hours. No matter what they do someone will be upset.

The only thing they could've done is let you wait there. Which sucks they made you get out of line.