TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

It's really amazing to me how huge of a splash RMC is making in the industry. I really wouldn't be shocked to see all of their rides place in the top 10 of lists of people who have been on them. I've been on two (NTAG and IRAT) and both are stunningly good coasters, I figure I'll eventually pick up Twisted Colossus as well as my third RMC coaster. The last time I can recall a company having this level of popularity among the enthusiast community was back in the mid to late 90's when B&M was coming into it's own.

Yeah these are very exciting times!

Wow those are some crazy stories...I know this is a huge deal but people have to relax! And as it's been said, this is still a preview, thing isn't even "open" yet! Such madness

Didnt get ti ride TC, had to leave due to schedule and only having my sitter for a few hours. Its sad to have heard that they ran the holy hell out of this ride last night for grad nite.

Its hard for me to get time to go to this park and I was truly happy that they were giving gold pass members early ride time but for this to happen. It is very disappointing. I will not touch the park in the summer time. I guess I have to wait till holiday time.

There's barely a few hours between Grad Nite's end and next day's opening. The park should have known and planned to have enough time to perform necessary maintenance in order to have the ride ready for opening. A little late could be understandable but NOON?!! There's really no excuse for that.

I hope they gave the Gold Pass people some sort of re-admit to come back once the ride opened.

Had a great time yesterday at the Gold Pass Holders preview. I am pleased with the ride. Got to ride 7 times yesterday along with some dueling rides. Rode in the front, middle and back rows. I have to say that the front to me seemed to have the most out of your seat time. In the back you got thrown out of the seat going over all hills. Either way, this is an amazing ride. Can't wait to ride again tomorrow.

I too had to leave for work. I mean, I get it. This isn't Disney, or even Universal. But c'mon. You say you're going to have ride time for your Ap's, then get the ride going. I wasn't even mad that they took forever. I was more upset at the smug nature of the team members standing at the gate. Each one of them had a pretty poor attitude any time someone asked a question. Frankly, I'd be okay if Six Flags didn't get another coaster the next year or two, and took that money to funnel into training and operations to better what's already there for the guests. But, we all know that's a pipe dream..

Don't be complaining about the one train operation yesterday, as it was actually caused by a guest! Apparently there was gum on the track and it stuck to both the blue and orange trains! That's why they switched them for purple and were polishing the wheels for the next 2 1/2 hours. So Six Flags Magic Mountain was actually being responsible yesterday and I'm glad they didn't just take the ride down for maintenance completely yesterday and at least put the purple train on. Actually kind of smart of them to only run two trains at opening yesterday as keeping the third one off allowed for what they did yesterday to actually happen instead of going down for 3 hours!

Don't be complaining about the one train operation yesterday, as it was actually caused by a guest! Apparently there was gum on the track and it stuck to both the blue and orange trains! That's why they switched them for purple and were polishing the wheels for the next 2 1/2 hours. So Six Flags Magic Mountain was actually being responsible yesterday and I'm glad they didn't just take the ride down for maintenance completely yesterday and at least put the purple train on. Actually kind of smart of them to only run two trains at opening yesterday as keeping the third one off allowed for what they did yesterday to actually happen instead of going down for 3 hours!

gum on the wheels caused that? i do believe it would take them 2 1/2 hours to remove it by seeing how long it took them to replace the front facia being held down with 4 bolts. ride maintenance has to be a union job there. lol

I too had to leave for work. I mean, I get it. This isn't Disney, or even Universal. But c'mon. You say you're going to have ride time for your Ap's, then get the ride going. I wasn't even mad that they took forever. I was more upset at the smug nature of the team members standing at the gate. Each one of them had a pretty poor attitude any time someone asked a question. Frankly, I'd be okay if Six Flags didn't get another coaster the next year or two, and took that money to funnel into training and operations to better what's already there for the guests. But, we all know that's a pipe dream..

Yeah they had bad attitudes and started power tripping after 12 came and still nothing. I was close to them and majority of the question asked were dumb.

They needed a sign saying (Gold Pass Season Preview Only) the is would have limit the unnecessary stupidness. I drove back home to Ventura PISSED thinking damn, I'm not gonna get a chance to ride TC. Hope Bonnie R gets a earful from us die hard fans.

Just returned from a few hours at SFMM and had a great time...I'm not sure I get the attitude and entitlement that some folks displayed...the ride opened late...but it opened...and you did not have to share the queue with the general public...and the wait was 20 mins max at the longest...and they agreed to leave it open indefinitely for Gold Pass Members...and you got 2 hours of a pretty much empty park...

As for the ride...wow...that is it...its my first RMC so I have no comparison...now I want to ride them all...its for certain a winner...loved the front, loved the back...our first 4 rides all raced at least one circuit...they were trying hard to get at least one side racing...I agree with all that has been said as far as that is going to be hard to achieve...not sure why today they weren't trying 3 trains today...that makes me believe they are not going to try 3 until the 4th arrives...if then...in hindsight, it seems like a block somewhere before the 2nd lift could at least ensure racing for one circuit for each train...if you added the 3rd train then it should assure it each time...

Again, its an amazing ride nonetheless, but even better when racing...its such a distraction and rush at the same time...

One final rant, I've never seen so many cell phones out on a coaster with people filming and taking pics...I'm sure they are all over the Internet by now...but this is going to lead to something bad in the future I have no doubt.

This ride definately looks like a winner, so twisty. Why can't Busch Gardens give Gwazi this overhall? Just think what they could do with Gwazi's dueling elements. Anyway congrats to Magic Mountain on a new ride from an old ride to thrill for many more years to come.

That is so ridiculous it could only happen at SFMM.

One final rant, I've never seen so many cell phones out on a coaster with people filming and taking pics...I'm sure they are all over the Internet by now...but this is going to lead to something bad in the future I have no doubt.

there's all kinds of cell phone videos all over, even on media day you see people on the racing trains taking video going up the lift. what was really lame though is, during filming for the commercial strict rules to leave all phones back in our room. the hired "actors" were even taking video and pics in the station and on the ride. wtf is that. but out of all the video, especially the pov of the front car, none were from the second day where all this happened. probably a big waste of $400 bucks each who killed some good shots by screwing around on the ride while being filmed.

They paid non union actors $400? Not a bad day for those actors...

i don't know about union or non union but i asked one guy and he told me $400 and so did someone else. i know they were cast some other way. one of the guys who was there girlfriend was better looking than all the paid girls. so they asked her to be in the front.

but out of all the video, especially the pov of the front car, none were from the second day where all this happened.

Most of the footage is from Monday, but there a few shots from Tuesday. Monday had lots of striped shirts. Tuesday had lots of solid-colored shirts. The first clip from the following video is from Tuesday. The back of my head is visible at the top left. I am wearing a green shirt......

Someone please post a link with the TV commercial when it is available. Thank you.

I was within earshot when someone said this, but I was pretty sure it was a joke? It just seems so ridiculous. Regardless, they obviously pulled those trains off for a reason. I'm not holding that against them; I just hope they can resolve whatever the issues were before the season heats up.

Regarding the actors and everyone else pulling out their phones, that's one of my biggest park pet peeves. Nobody can bother to respect a rule anymore, much less the safety of the people riding with them/walking around on the ground below.

Edited by dippindotsguy8