TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

The only way I see that working is if the green chain can be slowed down A LOT more than it was for the two days of filming, and the blue chain sped up a lot to meet with the green-side train.

Which is not only completely possible, but probably also easy as fudge to set up.

^ the green chain was already slowed down considerably during the 2 train filming... The blue chain was always running quickly. I can't imagine how much slower the green chain can go. If it can go slower, it'll only buy them a few seconds more, not enough to take into account unloading/loading new passengers, personal belongings, readjustments... etc

^ I don't think it's necessarily about their groove, I think (like what jtaudio said) it's about the dispatches needing to be too quick for the trains to match up at the lift. The only way I see that working is if the green chain can be slowed down A LOT more than it was for the two days of filming, and the blue chain sped up a lot to meet with the green-side train. If you were at the filming (I was both days), you can see how hard it was for them to get it to align... and that's with them TRYING their best AND no one getting off the train. Even adding a 3rd train doesn't mean they have more time to dispatch, they still need to turn it around quickly.

The ride is amazing even without the dueling, but it really makes it extra special when it does duel. Will it duel in the real world when you have the GP taking their time and not feeling rushed (like at the film shoots)? It's highly doubtful. Or at best, rarely. Is the ride amazing without dueling? Hell yes!

that's exactly it. just in case anyone thought i was bashing the crew or magic mountain. that pace of the ride is so fast, it's just a simple fact it won't be easy to duel. i do wish they had 3 trains running the filming days. it was fun just doing it once per ride. two would have been great.

my first 5 consecutive rides did not duel. they tried, i think, or were just working on some timing things. i had heard they were trying to do it manually. the lifts never changed speed. i could care less...then the duel happened, and that was incredible fun. it was also with more or less two trains full of enthusiasts. gp dueling might not be as fun. WCB is the next time that i'll probably have as much fun as i did with everyone the last couple days.

today, i've been watching all the footage coming in. one of them i saw the blue side hauling ass up the lift. faster that i've seen it go when i was on it, by far. so, i'm hoping for some more tweaks to lighten the load off the loading platform and still duel. i might go brave memorial day and see how things are then.

^ the green chain was already slowed down considerably during the 2 train filming... The blue chain was always running quickly. I can't imagine how much slower the green chain can go. If it can go slower, it'll only buy them a few seconds more, not enough to take into account unloading/loading new passengers, personal belongings, readjustments... etc

one of the rides, i think after the cameras were taken off, i was on the green side going up, we matched up perfect then at near the top, our side just slowed to an absolute crawl and blue just took off down the drop. it was ridiculously slow. i honestly almost thought something broke. lol but next go round they got it perfect.

Ive heard that TC has been experiencing issues with keeping its speed for the duration of the ride. And i can definitely see it. By the time the ride is down the back end, it is moving at a very low speed.

say whut? is this a joke? i missed this one if it is.

Ive heard that TC has been experiencing issues with keeping its speed for the duration of the ride. And i can definitely see it. By the time the ride is down the back end, it is moving at a very low speed.

As if this thread couldn't make me laugh any harder.

Seriously?!?! Obviously a joke.

Or overuse of any number of mind altering drugs.

Hey guys I am so sorry about that I just watched the POV and I couldn't have been more wrong lol. I said that because I heard something about how Alan Schilke made some kind of statement about that. I was just looking at one of the first test runs and that obviously doesn't do the ride justice. Looks like a lot of fun! (Sorry if I made you think I had an overdose or was just completely retarded: not one of my best comments on the forums)

^ after two filming days, I'd still like to go tomorrow (not Friday). I wonder if it'll be crowded for the gold pass preview... HMMMMM.... definitely not going over the weekend.

Did anyone from Media Day today ask about if TC was still going to receive and emblem on the lift??

I would think that if they were planning on putting one on it would've been done already, but you never know.

You all are driving me crazy while working this week so definitely heading on Friday...I can wait no longer...Friday night SoCal Holiday traffic afterwards...ugh...but I figure I'll be flying high after hopefully multiple rides...and it has to be better than Sunday...my other alternative...

definitely heading on Friday...I can wait no longer...Friday night SoCal Holiday traffic afterwards...ugh...

ERT ends at 2pm. I'm hopping back onto the 5 to head back north right after to avoid as much of the awful memorial day traffic as I can.

RMC stated that TC trains can operate in reverse.....

If SFMM continues the Colossus fright fest tradition then this will be one hell of a ride backwards holy damn

Could you tell me where you found this info?

And I agree, that would be a truly insane ride experience!

I was at Media Day today too. It was an amazing experience! We were riding by 5am. Much to my surprise, I got 29 rides, breakfast and lunch. I would say they were dueling about 80% of the time. It really enhances the ride, but not necessary to be a great ride. I'll be back tomorrow for the Gold pass ERT. It was entertaining watching all the TV crews and egos interact...

The "great reveal' of the Screampunk area was good too. Bonnie had a good speech (hinting about more to come), and the ride was launched with fireworks and their plastic shredded confetti. I also saw a short preview of their new show at the theater. I can't wait to see the entire show this summer. Just a great day at the mountain today. Thanks to all, for their hard work for all of us.

Patience people. Our video is currently uploading. Please do not post links or embed videos from other people. It's just totally rude to us to do that when you should know by now we have one coming.

If you need to get your RMC fix, in the meantime, you can check out the Wicked Cyclone video we did and start the discussion on which one you think might be better for what reasons and why!

start the discussion on which one you think might be better for what reasons and why!

Even after riding the TC (which was f**king bananas) I still say Cyclone has the edge because of the unrelenting pace. TC and WC probably have the same amount of airtime "moments" but Cyclone's look just brutal. Can't wait to ride Cyclone later this summer

Patience people. Our video is currently uploading. Please do not post links or embed videos from other people. It's just totally rude to us to do that when you should know by now we have one coming.

If you need to get your RMC fix, in the meantime, you can check out the Wicked Cyclone video we did and start the discussion on which one you think might be better for what reasons and why!

WOW....after seeing this I cannot help but to think how great GhostRider would be with this treatment.