TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

^ I noticed that too... they were difficult to lift, but obviously not that bad, it's different from other rides. The seats are comfortable, albeit a touch small. I enjoyed TC so much I've decided to wake up at 6:30am for the 2nd day's shoot! Their next coaster can't possibly live up to TC, can it?

Was on this train in the video, w00t

^ I noticed that too... they were difficult to lift, but obviously not that bad, it's different from other rides. The seats are comfortable, albeit a touch small. I enjoyed TC so much I've decided to wake up at 6:30am for the 2nd day's shoot! Their next coaster can't possibly live up to TC, can it?

Was on this train in the video, w00t

wow.

This ride will give me a heart attack

^ I noticed that too... they were difficult to lift, but obviously not that bad, it's different from other rides. The seats are comfortable, albeit a touch small.

yeah, saw a few have to do the walk of shame.

I remember noticing the difficulty on Outlaw Run, but I don't remember how it was on NTAG.

NTAG has the Gerstlauer trains, though.

What to say about TC that hasn't already been said? It's fantastic. The air-time is unprecedented in California; I don't think I made contact with the seat from lift to lift. When it duels, the trains swirl around each other in a perfectly choreographed dance designed to fire off every little endorphin loving cell in your body. The track twists in such a way, seemingly not to mimic flight, but to embellish the steel structure itself. It wants you to feel the track curving and diving in such unpredictable ways, that no creature of flight is capable of. It's as if a giant took hold of Colossus and, with its mighty grip, mangled every piece of track in, oh, the very best way.

^ What a review!

I saw a video on Instagram showing that the ride has a small launch before the pre lift section. It launches it about 15 mph. I'm not sure I'm allowed to link it but check out thrillcapitaloftheworld on Instagram.

i'd call it a powerful drive wheel. imo, not really anything to get too excited about.

I saw a video on Instagram showing that the ride has a small launch before the pre lift section. It launches it about 15 mph. I'm not sure I'm allowed to link it but check out thrillcapitaloftheworld on Instagram.

Someone posted a video of that just a couple of pages back.

If you end uo getting halted, which I thought I saw in the animations, then not exactly a big deal, but if carries that lil boost of speed through all those pre lift hops and twistys could make a really fun pre lift intro. I haven't heard anyone comment on such a thing yet however.

Considering that both media days are tomorrow (I think TC is tomorrow), which media day, if any, do you think Alan Shilke will attend? I know WC is tomorrow but I'm on the east coast so I haven't been following TC

Probably WC since he since says it's the better ride

i'd call it a powerful drive wheel. imo, not really anything to get too excited about.

Wonder if the "launch" on TC is a sign of further things to come from RMC?

*cough* Dollywood *cough cough*

I thought this was covered but I cannot find it now, if I purchase a Gold Pass for my son this week, will it be good on Friday Preview day?? Can he enter the park with the print out and go and get the actual card at any point during the day (like at KBF)? Sorry for the mundane ?'s...

I thought this was covered but I cannot find it now, if I purchase a Gold Pass for my son this week, will it be good on Friday Preview day?? Can he enter the park with the print out and go and get the actual card at any point during the day (like at KBF)? Sorry for the mundane ?'s...

Yes . Print at home and arrive at the park and proceed to the turnstile. They will scan the bar code on your print at home slip and give you a permanent card and take your fingerprint.

How crowded do you think it will be on Thursday for the preview? The park is only open tell 6pm and most people can't take off weekdays because of work. School is also in session. I'm praying for easy breezing. I imagine it also helps that TC has a big capacity. What do you think?