TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

When the ride does open to public, is anyone planing to report back on the time of day where the line is the shortest asides from opening? Not that I expect someone to watch the line all day or anything. Over here at SF:DK Medusa the main coaster is pretty much always dead at 3:30-5pm for whatever reason.

I'm hoping most of the people still run to the left to X2/Tatsu/Superman at opening but then again, you sometimes can't be there for park opening either.

That basic phenomena is true for the marquee coaster(s) at any park to some extent. Most people want to race for "that one coaster" in the morning, which creates lines earlier more than later. I think that effect is amplified on X2 because of the painfulness stopping people from wanting to re-ride, so people get in their one ride and then dont come back and the line gets shorter in the afternoon.

I expect Twisted Colossus' line to be long most of the day for quite a while, people will be going to the park just for that and probably reriding repeatedly.

That happened in the opening days of Full Throttle. In the morning, the queuing area was overflowing, and the line stretched around the path past the ride station. Later in the day, it was barely past the ramp leading up to the station. It basically went down from a 90 minute wait to a 30 minute wait.

When I go down one day this summer, I might devote an entire day to Colossus. I may just keep reriding no matter what the length of the line is.

When the ride does open to public, is anyone planing to report back on the time of day where the line is the shortest asides from opening? Not that I expect someone to watch the line all day or anything. Over here at SF:DK Medusa the main coaster is pretty much always dead at 3:30-5pm for whatever reason.

I'm hoping most of the people still run to the left to X2/Tatsu/Superman at opening but then again, you sometimes can't be there for park opening either.

That basic phenomena is true for the marquee coaster(s) at any park to some extent. Most people want to race for "that one coaster" in the morning, which creates lines earlier more than later. I think that effect is amplified on X2 because of the painfulness stopping people from wanting to re-ride, so people get in their one ride and then dont come back and the line gets shorter in the afternoon.

I expect Twisted Colossus' line to be long most of the day for quite a while, people will be going to the park just for that and probably reriding repeatedly.

And remember... These are people who've never experienced ejector airtime, therefore creating even longer lines!

^Until Monday, California has not only had a regular drought, but an airtime drought as well . I'm glad you guys in Cali finally get an airtime machine, you deserve it .

Same, I feel kinda selfish when I gripe about certain stuff about parks here, because I am within 4 hours of El Toro, Skyrush, BDash, Bizarro, Phoenix and I recall some CA members I met on WCB griping they have to fly east to get airtime, made me feel spoiled

Also it looks like a pretty epic ride. I'll be riding WC in June and TC this WCB, so I can't wait to compare

I am so excited for this ride. I'll be visiting SFMM on 27 May and I'm hoping TC will be open by then. I've been living in Australia for the last 9 years and have not only had a drought of airtime but of coasters in general. However, that is about to change as I'm heading home to the UK returning via the US and will be driving from SF to NYC over 6 weeks. SFMM is the first major park of the trip and of course TC is the BIG draw. I'll be queuing no matter what!

If it wasn't for the fact that I have a plane ticket to the U.S. in less than one month I would have emailed my photo to SFMM and bought tickets on a last minute flight bound for L.A. I'm so envious of you guys. Enjoy riding that thing for hours on end the 19th you lucky, lucky b******s.

I am so excited for this ride. I'll be visiting SFMM on 27 May and I'm hoping TC will be open by then. I've been living in Australia for the last 9 years and have not only had a drought of airtime but of coasters in general. However, that is about to change as I'm heading home to the UK returning via the US and will be driving from SF to NYC over 6 weeks. SFMM is the first major park of the trip and of course TC is the BIG draw. I'll be queuing no matter what!

Not to worry, it'll be open by then. It debuts next weekend. Welcome to the states, and I hope you have a good trip!

Is there anyone as crazy as me willing to drive down from the Bay Area for Tuesday? Pm me ASAP if so!

i'm live down here but i'd have no problem jumping in my car and driving a decent distance for a ride like this.

I'm honestly considering buying a 6AM plane ticket out of Phoenix on Friday morning to Burbank, then Uber to the park, get a couple hours of rides in, and uber back to the airport and make it home in time for dinner with mom.

Like I'm seeeeeriously considering it.

Im at the park today, the new Screampunk District sign is up and looks pretty good.

Edit: the Twisted Colossus main marque sign looks amazing too! Screams new sign is ok, same logo...

the scream sign is at least "3d" like that one though, right?