TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I was just watching more test footage and TC will easily be the most popular ride in the park and probably the best coaster there. It just looks so amazing and the sped it maintains is really nice.

I can't wait to ride this!

I'm expecting more along the lines of best coaster in California... We will see soon!

I was just watching more test footage and TC will easily be the most popular ride in the park and probably the best coaster there. It just looks so amazing and the sped it maintains is really nice.

I'm expecting more along the lines of best coaster in California... We will see soon!

I'm hoping it will be on the best on the planet, it certainly will be one of the most unique.

Perhaps "Top Ten" lists could be divided into RMC coasters and non-RMC coasters ...

A question for the SFMM regulars: does anyone have a good guess how crowded the gold and season pass previews might be? It's tempting to travel south for this and not wait until West Coast Bash.

Try best coaster west of the Mississippi!

^That's really interesting! So to get this straight, can anyone attend the commercial shoot or do you have to get invited, or is it something else?

Depends. Its however the park/production company decided to do it. The year i did it, it was an open invite to passholders

Did you ride with friends? Or did they line you up in the order they wanted? What did they do with the footage? Were you interviewed throughout the day?

I went with my brother. For the most part we rode together but we started getting shuffled around once people started dropping off

When I went to Gold Striker it was just "If you want to ride, show up". For Twisted Colossus, you have to be invited. Send an email to the address in my previous post if you want to attend, the park will choose who can participate.

A question for the SFMM regulars: does anyone have a good guess how crowded the gold and season pass previews might be? It's tempting to travel south for this and not wait until West Coast Bash.

obviously i can't say for sure, but i'm hoping for it to be pretty slow. summer hasn't started, it's a thursday, and not everyone is a gold pass holder. i'm not sure i can or cannot compare the sunday after the official day colossus closed, but that was for all pass holders all day on a summer sunday and it was pretty dead all day. a train or two wait.

i also hope that because not everyone is getting the email letting them know that the 21st and 22nd are even a possibility, that, there won't be some going that might have had they of known. i know i'm going thursday even if i have to go alone.

Hi everyone. Some questions:

1. How crowded will the park be on Wednesday May 20?

2. Am I allowed to bring snacks into the park?

3. Do they still let Discover Card holders into the park early? If so, how early?

4. If the park opens at 10:30, what time does the parking garage open?

5. Do cars with prepaid parking get past the parking garage booths faster?

Thank you.

3. Do they still let Discover Card holders into the park early? If so, how early?

Thank you.

1. Not very, relatively speaking, unless theres an event.

2. Not in my experience, but I havent tried in a while things might have changed.

3. Yep, usually 5 mins early. Far left lane. If you have a gold pass though, use the far right line and get in 5 minutes earlier than Discover.

4. Usually 9:30, but it varies a little. People line up though, so if you want to be front of line, get there as early as possible. The Discover line isnt usually very long though, so if youre doing that, dont sweat the parking lot opening. Gold Pass line does get pretty long pretty fast however, and sometimes even gets closed off, so keep that in mind too.

5. There isnt a seperate gold pass lane. Literally speaking pass holders get through a little faster themselves because theres less for the employee to do, but you will inevitably get stuck behind people who think that the parking employee at the booth is the person to ask to plan their day while everyone behind them waits.

Thank you.

(2) no snacks, just water ... they'll make you throw all snacks away at the metal detectors

(5) no, they don't have a separate parking lane for prepaid (that I know of)

I am absolutely shocked TC is opening before the middle of july! Now please, RELEASE THE POV!

Seriously. Talk crap on SFMM all you want, but this is the quickest they've opened a coaster since Tatsu, which publicly opened on 5/13 (the same date I'll be riding TC!). I think this construction speed is due primarily from RMCs superb crew! I'm just so happy I can finally be truly happy with what SFMM is building. Seriously, I have no complaints with adding TC, the layout looks insane. I can't wait to give my review on Wednesday!!!

i woke up this morning and checked my gmail. i could see it said sfmm in my regular inbox. usually, all the sfmm stuff goes to the gmail promotional stuff. so i was happy to be accepted for the filming. i'll be there both days. call me greedy. lol

Can someone please suggest a ride strategy for Wednesday May 20? I will be using the Discover Card entrance before the general crowd. Should I go to YOLOcoaster first? Then X2? Then Tatsu? Then what?

Since X2 likely will not be open right off the bat during the Discover Card entry, I would say to go to YOLO, then pass X2, if its open ride that, if not, make your way up to Tatsu. After that you should go to Superman/Ninja, then down to Apocalypse, then to RIddlers, then to Green Lantern, Then to Batman, Then to Lex. There ya go!

i woke up this morning and checked my gmail. i could see it said sfmm in my regular inbox. usually, all the sfmm stuff goes to the gmail promotional stuff. so i was happy to be accepted for the filming. i'll be there both days. call me greedy. lol

Definitely greedy, but not judging I wanted to do Thursday too, but going to the Voyage to the Iron Reef preview instead ....

Does anyone know if bringing your phone to the TC filming is allowed? It says no photography, but also says to bring something to kill time between takes not sure what to do...?