TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

from the pass holder email that came today. guess i'll make sure i'm not doing anything else that day.

Did you get this from the email? The only thing I got was the following week's ERTs....

image.thumb.jpg.a19798c022cc478b21179b45469c7a2b.jpg

from the pass holder email that came today. guess i'll make sure i'm not doing anything else that day.

Did you get this from the email? The only thing I got was the following week's ERTs....

He is gold season pass, you are regular season pass. Anybody hear when media day is?

are you a gold pass holder? actually, i now have the membership, which has all the gold stuff. so hopefully it's the same.

but to answer your question, yes, it came in the email this morning for pass holders. i guess they send out different emails to gold and non gold.

are you a gold pass holder? actually, i now have the membership, which has all the gold stuff. so hopefully it's the same.

but to answer your question, yes, it came in the email this morning for pass holders. i guess they send out different emails to gold and non gold.

That's odd, I'm also a gold pass member... hmmmmmmm!

The sting of not being able to make it to the soft opening is greatly reduced by the knowledge that I'll probably get ERT (or at least get to ride) at West Coast Bash a few months later

This. I'm flying to Florida for the summer on the 18th, if only I had one more week in California!

I also am a SFMM Gold Pass holder and didn't get any email. I really don't understand how their emailing system works but I usually am out of the loop.

six flags email

here's the email link they give you if you can't read it in your email. i think it's a general link and not associated with my email.

here's the other six flags email

* I wonder why they're sending out two different emails (one for preview, one for ERT) to gold pass members...

Edited by ioio

I don't think it's that hard to understand...

Preview (Gold Passes Only):

May 21st (Thurs) - 10:30am - 6:00pm

May 22nd (Fri) - 10:30am - 1:30pm

ERT (All Season Passes):

May 25th (Mon) - 9:30am - 10:30am

May 26th (Tues) - 9:30am - 10:30am

May 27th (Wed) - 9:30am - 10:30am

May 30th (Sat) - 9:00am - 10:00am

May 31st (Sun) - 9:00am - 10:00am

Which newsletter is the right one? Do gold passholders really get TC Preview on 5/21 and 5/22? Sounds like occult madness. Beat the confusion with this Imputed Fast Pattern TR (IFPTR) instead!

Ridewatchers encountered a Ghosttown Wednesday today, 5/6/15, upon reaching the "toll plaza" at 9:32 A.M. We asked the attendants a trivia question: "When will TC open," to which they replied, "early June...?" After that, we took a spot in the front row and noticed that an enthusiast group was taking photos of TC. I walked up to the chain-link fence and asked one of the construction workers when TC was scheduled to open, and was told the 23rd, as expected.

The metal detectors did not open until about 9:50 A.M.: there were only 20-25 people in front. Amazing! We gathered data on the number of people that had passed the detectors at certain times, and came up with the following:

Time Number of People

------ ---------------------

9:48 22

9:58 55

10:00 59

10:02 76 +/- 5

10:04 89 +/- 5

10:06 103 +/- 10

10:08 116 +/- 10

10:10 136 +/- 10

10:12 166 +/- 10

It was clearly going to be a very light day!

We decided to go for a "fast pattern," which is riding all 23---24 when TC comes on line---non-premium rides in under 4 hours. This is a difficult goal that requires fast feet; see our website for details. At 10:15 A.M., we were let into the gold-pass waiting area, and at 10:20 A.M., we were let into the park.

YOLO saw zero wait time: there were two people sitting in the front row, and myself in the back. There is a lot more action in the back in our opinion, and we decided to ride twice in a row thanks to the very low turnout. An older man (who looked like a very senior person at Six Flags) was helping to run the ride: a taller, white-haired gentleman who wished everyone a good time.

The jog to X2 was done at a 9-minute-per-mile pace with 160-180 steps of turnover. General admission was getting in just then, and about 50 people were ahead when I exited YOLO. After passing around the same and reaching the turnstyle, I was told my large water bottle wasn't allowed on and had to be put in a locker or thrown out. After chugging, I threw the bottle away and waited to board the second train of the day from row 7: a 2-minute wait. X2 had the sound turned off and there was no jazzy tune accompanying us up the lift. The ride seemed to be in good repair otherwise, but the last half-inversion gave me a smack (as usual).

Viper was next, followed by Revolution. One of the ops at revolution would not open the single-rider line because she said it was "too slow," but this may have been out of inconvenience. After jogging all the way around to the stand-by entrance, I boarded, looped, screeched to a halt, and went for Tatsu. Total wait: 3 minutes.

The situation at Tatsu was truly unusual: no line! Only 2 of the 8 rows had people, and the gentleman on the train I was about to board decided to ride again. He said he was on holiday from England (from Kent, more specifically) and that he had done SFDK, Sea World, Disneyland, USH, and was doing SFMM for the second time this week. This would be his last day, and he would be leaving by 1 PM. I told him it was a wise decision to come on a Wednesday, and he seemed to need no advice (as weekdays see far fewer people). We ended up riding together for 1-2 hours and had good conversation. Wait time: 1 minute.

Superman was closed for maintenance. When I asked the people at the gate, they said they didn't know why (OPSEC, cough...plausible deniability and all that), and so I went over to RR which is open! The person opposite me decided to risk his iPhone on the rapids, and I was ready to offer him one of my ziploc bags, but manner blocked the motion, and I said nothing. After a very dry RR run (and after *yawn* ninja, the one train wonder), it was time for apocalypse.

I met my acquaintance on apocalypse and, in the midst of squeals and creaking...they had removed the second train for maintenance...I decided to open up and wax rancorous about how cheap SF theme parks are. But the ride was awesome, and one of my favorites, Jet Stream, was next. Apocalypse was longest wait of the day at 4 minutes.

Jet Stream, Gold Rusher, Scrambler: 0-0-0. All walk-ons during Walk-On Wednesday. Even the bumper cars were quick, at a 2 minutes wait.

Riddler had a lot of people in queue, and maintenance came over the coaster and seemed to be spraying for bugs. One man was carrying a big blue bottle with a hand-held spray nozzle toward the control panel. Scored a front-row seat using SPRQ (Single-Rider Priority Queue), and was able to preserve my knees by speaking up and asking the ride ops to adjust the height of the seat so there was a slight bend in the knees.

Tidal Wave was a walk-on, and so was Flash and Wonder Woman. But not Green Lantern...oh no, not GL. One minute for SPRQ, 10-15 minutes for the others as the stand-by queue was at the bottom of the steps. Batman was a quickie with only a 1-minute wait (compared to 15-20 minutes during off-summer weekends).

Lex Luthor: 2 minute wait. "Hands up!" It's just physics.

Buccaneer was grounded, but not because of mechanical issues. No one wanted to ride it, until I went in and asked for a seat. I was told I would have to wait for another, since Buccaneer, like RR, and probably every other ride, was a buddy system ride that required two people minimum. A little girl ran and sat next to me, and we went on the ride twice.

Grand Carousel is one of the 23 non-premium rides and was done in a quick spin.

But Superman was still down and I decided to record statistics for the day.

Time from park opening to end of last ride: 3 hours, 14 minutes, 42 seconds (including wait time and transit between rides).

Imputed time in park: 3:14:42 x 23 rides/20 open = 3:53:54, making this trip a fast pattern.

Total wait time: 18 minutes.

I have a question about the Twisted Colossus Teaser:

What's the title of the music played in the background? I was searching with Shazam, but couldn't find something. Can you help me please, tanks!

This teaser:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

What's the title of the music played in the background? I was searching with Shazam, but couldn't find something. Can you help me please, tanks!

This teaser:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I was wondering the exact same thing since August and I also searched it on Shazam but it didn't work.

When I tried it with the teaser an Shazam I thought, it maybe couldn't get it because of the background noise! Once I saw a video in a swiss online newspaper of a Swiss Airline, which makes a Zeppelin and I thought, this music I heard before! It is the same music as TC's teaser. So I tried it with that, but no result.

Here is that other video:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

This teaser:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I was wondering the exact same thing since August and I also searched it on Shazam but it didn't work.

http://www.premiumbeat.com/royalty_free_music/most_popular

Third one down. It's "Dreamer".

I don't think it's that hard to understand...

Preview (Gold Passes Only):

May 21st (Thurs) - 10:30am - 6:00pm

May 22nd (Fri) - 10:30am - 1:30pm

ERT (All Season Passes):

May 25th (Mon) - 9:30am - 10:30am

May 26th (Tues) - 9:30am - 10:30am

May 27th (Wed) - 9:30am - 10:30am

May 30th (Sat) - 9:00am - 10:00am

May 31st (Sun) - 9:00am - 10:00am

The issue isn't about the times, it's about some Gold Pass members not receiving an email about the preview dates, but for the ERTs.

The issue isn't about the times, it's about some Gold Pass members not receiving an email about the preview dates, but for the ERTs.

Both email links on the previous page have the section for the Gold Pass preview and the section for the ERT.

When I tried it with the teaser an Shazam I thought, it maybe couldn't get it because of the background noise! Once I saw a video in a swiss online newspaper of a Swiss Airline, which makes a Zeppelin and I thought, this music I heard before! It is the same music as TC's teaser. So I tried it with that, but no result.

Here is that other video:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I just found out that the song is called Dreamers and its by Reaktor Production