TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I keep watching videos of TC cycling and I'm trying to find the "18 moments of airtime". I see 14...

each side has 9, not counting little bumps before first lift

Blue:

first drop

bunny hop

big hill top (before high five)

drop after high five

bunny hop

big hill under stall

double up

double up

outward bank

Green:

first drop

bunny hop

big hill

double down

double down

small hill after stall

double up

double up

hill into brakes

edit:

I'm hoping the high five and the zero G also have some weird air time, too.

I'm disappointed that I'm not going to be able to get out here until 2017

However, I'm going to Six Flags Great America, all 4 Disney parks, both Universal Parks in Orlando, Six Flags Over Georgia, Elitch Gardens, and even go to Kings Island over Labor Day weekend!

At least by then a lot of people will be a little sick of it. Though hopefully you don't end up going on a saturday or something.

I keep watching videos of TC cycling and I'm trying to find the "18 moments of airtime". I see 14...

each side has 9, not counting little bumps before first lift

Blue:

first drop

bunny hop

big hill top (before high five)

drop after high five

bunny hop

big hill under stall

double up

double up

outward bank

Green:

first drop

bunny hop

big hill

double down

double down

small hill after stall

double up

double up

hill into brakes

edit:

I'm hoping the high five and the zero G also have some weird air time, too.

Okay I see now, I omitted the first drop(s), the 2nd part of the double down, and the hill into the brakes on the green side. Guess we'll just have to wait and ride

Sweet. Just looked and already have the days off work for WCB, I'll actually get to go this year! Definitely doing SFMM, probably KBF as well. I'm kinda burnt out on KBF of late, but the WCB extras will probably tip the scale.

Yeah, I really regret not going to Knotts last time, because I didn't know if time and $ would let me get back out to CA but the heavens want me to ride and things have actually worked out, so no way I'm skipping KBF this time. I hear they treat us like royalty also on the WCBs

And I'll get to knock off two RMCs this year, yes!!! I can't wait for the official POV for TC.

Planning on hitting up the park on Tuesday May 26th. Setting aside any expectations of a busy crowd because of Twisted Colossus... is this normally a busy day? It's the first day following the Memorial Day weekend. I figure everyone will be back in school/work by then.

Planning on hitting up the park on Tuesday May 26th. Setting aside any expectations of a busy crowd because of Twisted Colossus... is this normally a busy day? It's the first day following the Memorial Day weekend. I figure everyone will be back in school/work by then.

i'd say probably not bad. i think the week of most graduations is good, too, i believe. maybe someone can correct me. but, i'll probably be finding out for sure the same time you do, may 26th. lol

i'd say probably not bad. i think the week of most graduations is good, too, i believe. maybe someone can correct me. but, i'll probably be finding out for sure the same time you do, may 26th. lol

I'm wondering this as well... or that Wednesday. Excluding any pass holder preview night they may have for TC, I plan to go there again mid-week after opening weekend to ride it with less crowds

I'll also be heading down to the park on May 26th. Crossing my fingers that it's a dead day. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see some busses in the lot for school trips. But they will be gone by late afternoon if they are there.

Last day at the Mountain today for me. The Cinco de Mayo / Ortega ERT was great. They had Batman and Green (grunt) Lantern open. Neither are my favorite rides. I got 12 consecutive on Batman, and that was enough for me. Probable easily could've had 20 -25. Very nice support from Ortega. Thanks.

Also dark testing of TC continued this evening. I was at my car listening at around 9pm. It looks and sounds great!

Also Goliath chain replacement could be as late as mid June.

I got 12 consecutive on Batman...

Mark me impressed! I don't think, even in some of my greatest years of roller coaster riding, that I could handle 12 consecutive rides on Batman. To me it is one of the jerkyer, more intense rides in the park (Not to mention one of the best inverted B&M's ever).

I mean, SURE, I could do it if I had to, but I can't even imagine what I'd feel like after!

Now the original Colossus consecutive ride contest, I feel like that would be no problem, and will always regret not giving that a shot.

Mark me impressed! I don't think, even in some of my greatest years of roller coaster riding, that I could handle 12 consecutive rides on Batman. To me it is one of the jerkyer, more intense rides in the park (Not to mention one of the best inverted B&M's ever).

I mean, SURE, I could do it if I had to, but I can't even imagine what I'd feel like after!

Now the original Colossus consecutive ride contest, I feel like that would be no problem, and will always regret not giving that a shot.

when superman was new, or the year it was supposed to open, sfmm had passholder preview days. i went on one of the mornings and rode once then headed down the hill. they had a few rides open for us before the park opened. i just remember riding 50 times in 2 hours? is that possible? maybe it was 3. never got off once, but only to change seats.

also, does anyone know what options for park photos there are this year? the past couple i've gotten the passholder USB thing, which let you buy any photo for a dollar. i'm guessing they killed that and only offer the email thing for whatever price which allows for $2 photos. is this true? thanks.

I think Batman would be one of the few SFMM coasters that I could ride over 10 times in a row and not be injured and / or bored to death. Tatsu might be close but hanging there gets uncomfortable.

BTW: Has anyone been this week? I wanted to go Tue or Wed and was wondering what waits for Tatsu, X2 and Yolo were like. I went on a somewhat dead Friday last October and those were the only rides with lines and they were all over 30 min. I think Tatsu was over a hour wait because of one train operation.

I think Batman would be one of the few SFMM coasters that I could ride over 10 times in a row and not be injured and / or bored to death. Tatsu might be close but hanging there gets uncomfortable.

BTW: Has anyone been this week? I wanted to go Tue or Wed and was wondering what waits for Tatsu, X2 and Yolo were like. I went on a somewhat dead Friday last October and those were the only rides with lines and they were all over 30 min. I think Tatsu was over a hour wait because of one train operation.

We went on Thursday and a few hours today and line was about 25 for Tatsu and FT was about 20. FT was only loading one train and sending the second train empty, till about 1ish.

BTW, put my 10 month old in her first ride and my family is having a SH&$ fit. What do you TPR members think?

BTW, put my 10 month old in her first ride and my family is having a SH&$ fit. What do you TPR members think?

Depends on the ride...

Aside from the swinging boat, or the carousel, I am having a hard time imagining a ride appropriate for a 10 month old. And the swinging boat is marginal at best.

EDIT: OOPS, forgot the funicular....

Edited by scottiemon

Your family should trust you enough to not put your own child's safety at risk. Bottom line. I have an 8 year old and my mother wasn't happy that I talked her into riding CA Screamin' but she had to get over it and either realize that I'm obviously not going to put my child in harms way OR just be mad. Hate to say it like that but it's true. Just my .02.

We'll it wasn't a big thrill ride it was the planes at Bugs Bunny World. The ride ops was great and I didn't force her. I can't wait till she is big enough to ride her first major coaster. Maybe kid tums can give her some pointers.....

She is going to be a thrill junkie like me and not like her other dad.

After watching two or three of the higher quality Twisted Colossus videos, I can safely say that SFMM finally got their long awaited airtime machine! The planet six one on youtube is with good enough audio that you can hear the upstops on each of those hills...and any lingering doubts I've had are gone. This thing is going to catch so many people off guard, especially the GP.

We're about to find out definitively what Socal people think about true/ejector airtime.