TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

That video is great. I think it would be cool if the park put in a light system that has like 10 different colors projected around the coaster. That would be the coolest looking ride at night in my opinion.

The old Colossus light show lamps are still there from the looks of it. Perhaps they will be put back into service as a finishing touch once all the work is done? That would be a nice tie-in of old and new Colossus.

^Double downs are great elements--more coasters should have them.

Agreed. The double down on Jack Rabbit at Kennywood is still one of my favorite elements on a coaster.

Stole the words right out of my mouth. Jack Rabbit was awesome, still is, especially when they had those tiny leather straps that didn't tighten as seat belts. When I was young I really thought I would fly out!

^Double downs are great elements--more coasters should have them.

Double ups too. The Double-Up is my favorite element on my favorite local coaster, Gold Striker.

Totally agree with this. I still find it great when some riders actually don't know these elements are in a coaster.

They're too 'ready' for the big drops, etc. The cries of surprise is awesome! Always enjoy these elements.

I left the park a little after 6 today, and watched the orange train fly through the entire circuit (blue and green track)! It's so fast empty, I can't wait until my butt is in the last seat of this baby...

Can this damn thing open already??! I may head down to the Mountain on the 26th or 27th assumming Twisted Colossus opens on the 23rd like planned.

Assuming SFMM is added to the WCB, hope ya can find the willpower to make it out again

Be sure to tell me how awesome a ride is so I can be envious.

Agreed about double ups/downs usually gives a great pop and really "hits" you!

TC looks so exciting! I definitely agree with whoever said more coasters need double-downs. Shame that I wasn't born soon enough to ride original Colossus when it had one.

Does anyone know why many steel coasters don't have these elements? Besides the RMCs, the only other steel coasters I can think of off the top of my head are the Reverchon spinning coasters.

TC looks so exciting! I definitely agree with whoever said more coasters need double-downs. Shame that I wasn't born soon enough to ride original Colossus when it had one.

Does anyone know why many steel coasters don't have these elements? Besides the RMCs, the only other steel coasters I can think of off the top of my head are the Reverchon spinning coasters.

B&M pre-drops aren't a double down right?

Double downs are just traditionally a more wooden coaster element, for whatever reason - hence RMC incorporating them into their wood/steel hybrids. Although Phantom's Revenge at Kennywood has a sweet double down that'll knock your teeth out (semi-figuratively speaking ) if you're not expecting it!

I'm disappointed that I'm not going to be able to get out here until 2017

However, I'm going to Six Flags Great America, all 4 Disney parks, both Universal Parks in Orlando, Six Flags Over Georgia, Elitch Gardens, and even go to Kings Island over Labor Day weekend!

First Post!

Looks like nets were installed over the Top Gun Stall. In my opinion, I knew it'd happen, but I don't see it changing anything effect-wise on it. It'd suck to get knocked in the head by someone's phone falling from the Green Train, although highly unlikely

First Post!

Looks like nets were installed over the Top Gun Stall. In my opinion, I knew it'd happen, but I don't see it changing anything effect-wise on it. It'd suck to get knocked in the head by someone's phone falling from the Green Train, although highly unlikely

Or flying out of someone's pocket from the blue track, maybe slightly more likely