TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

I think people exaggerate when it comes to the whole trim thing at MM. Tatsu, Apocalypse, Batman, X2, Yolo, Ninja, Gold Rusher, Superman all run brake free as far as I know.

Viper is understandable, does anyone really want to ride that thing without brakes? It's old and rips itself apart

Scream and Riddler have small trims on their respective mid-courses but most of B&Ms coasters from that era have trims.

Goliath exerts extreme positive g-forces on its riders, which again isnt MM's fault but an oversight of Giovanola

The only ones in my opinion that dont make sense are GL and Revolution.

Agree completely, I might argue about Goliath..the trims could be at least lessened if not removed. The trims on Revolution and Green Lantern are just stupid.

Where are they gonna put the queue? Even the old Colossus line was out the entrance during Fright Fest!

They are totally underestimating the amount of queue they need! They did so with YOLOcoaster too!

Remember they're loading two trains now instead of just one, so the line should move much faster. Also, since there are no longer two loading stations, they have almost twice the available space in the station building (minus what they said theyre going to block off).

I really hope SFMM can dispatch quick enough so the train (that's about to enter into its green loop around the track) doesn't have to sit at the MCBR and wait. That would really put a damper on the ride if you did your first lap, and then stopped at the MCBR for too long waiting for the 'blue' side train to come out to the lift.

Wit that said, the trains from California Coaster Kings video is just killing it through the track! And that's with an empty train!!!!!

I really hope SFMM can dispatch quick enough so the train (that's about to enter into its green loop around the track) doesn't have to sit at the MCBR and wait. That would really put a damper on the ride if you did your first lap, and then stopped at the MCBR for too long waiting for the 'blue' side train to come out to the lift.

Wit that said, the trains from California Coaster Kings video is just killing it through the track! And that's with an empty train!!!!!

I think the only way they meet the dispatch times is to have mandatory loockers, like X2. Just look how long it takes to load full throttle, due to people stepping over to put stuff in the bins.

With that said, I really am not a big fan of the mandatory loocker thing, but it makes sense for some rides I guess. But I always felt that if you only had the refillable drink bottle, they should accommodate that. Superman Ultimate Flight does that at SFDK. It just burns me to have to pay a dollar (I know....wah wah) just to stash the bottle.

With that said, I really am not a big fan of the mandatory loocker thing, but it makes sense for some rides I guess. But I always felt that if you only had the refillable drink bottle, they should accommodate that. Superman Ultimate Flight does that at SFDK. It just burns me to have to pay a dollar (I know....wah wah) just to stash the bottle.

How does Superman Ultimate Flight accommodate the bottle thing? Curious. I'd agree there, they shouldn't charge people extra to store their bottles. I would go so far and say their bags as well That $1 mandatory locker thing on X2 is a bit too price-gougey to me But it is something they need to do to get the line moving faster and dispatch quickly.

^History is reality in the case of SFMM.

Regarding the parking stripes we still can't seem to get over...Does anyone know if they painted over the parking stripes that have been under Colossus since it opened in the 70's?

I think I would laugh hysterically if they just repainted the parking stripes, as if they were still real parking spaces, under Scream and left it like that.

The ride looks incredible. Wow.

I'm still curious to see how the Blue / Green transition is received once the ride opens, but otherwise, the speed looks relentless throughout.

The outward airtime hill leading to the second lift looks like it will be a lot of fun, and it even looks like there could be a pop of airtime on the Green side in that "extra" hill leading into the final brake run.

I think people exaggerate when it comes to the whole trim thing at MM. Tatsu, Apocalypse, Batman, X2, Yolo, Ninja, Gold Rusher, Superman all run brake free as far as I know.

The thing is none of these coasters are high on airtime, which TC is promised to have. The GP aren't too big on airtime, and if there is a big enough response against "that feeling in my stomach" then I could see SFMM putting in trims. It may be an extreme reaction, but one I'm not going to discredit quite yet.

That video is great. I think it would be cool if the park put in a light system that has like 10 different colors projected around the coaster. That would be the coolest looking ride at night in my opinion.

I've seen the lift hill lights at night a few weeks ago, and they're boring white. I do wish they'd add some extreme color to this baby!

Man, that sucker really flies! Should be a real winner for both the park and the guests. But the funny thing is, after watching that video, I now have a really strange and bizarre feeling. The feeling... of actually wanting to go to Magic Mountain!

Also, I'm really glad the park is continuing to clean up some of the mangier areas, the new area looks great!

Every time I look at that green double down I can't stop looking at it, it just looks so wrong yet so right.

The way the back of the train just gets yanked down the second part looks awesome. Also the airtime hill in the Top Gun Stall on the blue side and the zero-g roll look insane. Twisted Colossus may very well be one of the best coasters out there!

Also the airtime hill in the Top Gun Stall on the blue side and the zero-g roll look insane. Twisted Colossus may very well be one of the best coasters out there!

Indeed! It flies through the roll and this is just testing!

^Double downs are great elements--more coasters should have them.

Agreed. The double down on Jack Rabbit at Kennywood is still one of my favorite elements on a coaster.