TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Now if only they would cover up the parking lot under Scream with some paint or dirt.

Whenever I see a picture of the re-painted Scream this is all I can think about... what's the point if they're not even going to cover up the parking lot under the ride? Personally I'd rather they didn't paint it and spend far less money on mulch, rocks, dirt... anything than they did on the new paint. That to me would be a bigger improvement.

Any update on Goliath by the way?

I can't see anyone considering this the company's worst coaster.

I agree, the ride looks amazing.

But even if it is the company's worst coaster (which it probably isn't), it will probably still be the best coaster in California and it will still be awesome.

I haven't been on any RMC yet, but I agree with you guys. IMO, the layout of this coaster is a hell of a lot more interesting than Goliath... Or maybe I'm a sucker for airtime, and Goliath has like maybe 3-5 spots compared to TCs 18. I cannot say which RMC is the best, well no one can yet either, but I can't wait to find out!! I'm still certain that they have yet to make a ride outside of the top-15 in the world in each wood and steel categories.

I'm beyond excited here, I was expecting it to go fast, but just watching that blue train FLY over those airtime hills was insane. I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way... Anybody with doubts that this won't be the best coaster in California with surely be convinced by now, right?

Now if only they would cover up the parking lot under Scream with some paint or dirt.

Whenever I see a picture of the re-painted Scream this is all I can think about... what's the point if they're not even going to cover up the parking lot under the ride? Personally I'd rather they didn't paint it and spend far less money on mulch, rocks, dirt... anything than they did on the new paint. That to me would be a bigger improvement.

I would be happy with dirt underneath Scream. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.......and sank.

OK, this looks insane. I think MM has a winner on its hands.

Do any of you know where this will fall on the Flash Pass scale? Platinum only (like YOLO) or additional fee per ride (like X2)?

YOLO recently changed from previously being a Platinum FlashPass reservation only to being just plain available if you have a Flash Pass. Based on past patterns, Twisted Colossus is likely to take the place formerly occupied by YOLO and be a reservation only ($15 per reservation probably, maybe $10) with Platinum required. No official announcement has been made yet though.

I chatted with a guy on Facebook who claims he works with the Flash Passes at SFMM. According to him, TC will indeed be a $15 upcharge per reservation, only available to Platinum FPs.

Any update on Goliath by the way?

Really? Personally I'm much happier now that they repainted one of the worst looking rides I've ever seen. Only thing that still needs to be done is refreshing the front entrance and painting the station to match the new color scheme.

Goliath is still down, I don't think anyone knows for how long at this point.

Twisted Colossus looks absolutely fantastic! I haven't been this excited for a coaster at Magic Mountain since Tatsu. It's been really awesome to watch it come together piece by piece and I even had the pleasure of watching the inaugural test run! The wheels make the ride really quiet, which won't last for long once there is a train full of riders screaming their heads off.

Overall it looks absolutely fantastic and an airtime machine!

Only thing that still needs to be done is refreshing the front entrance and painting the station to match the new color scheme.

I've got to agree with you on that, too. The front entrance needs some freshening up to fit into the new Steampunk District theme. Has anybody been able to check on that? I really hope they haven't left the station with the permanent temporary walls queue line. They are the absolute worst.

Looks like it totally rips around the course.

Whos taking bets on how long it takes for the inevitable top-of-lift slow down and trim brake galore?

Thanks for the positive attitude... I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic, at least I hope so. Have there been any cases of an RMC creation being trimmed or slowed down yet?

Thanks for the positive attitude... I'm going to assume you're being sarcastic, at least I hope so. Have there been any cases of an RMC creation being trimmed or slowed down yet?

Not sarcastic. He's being a realist. This is Magic Mountain we're talking about. If it isn't trims or OTSRs it's lack of maintenance and single train operations. I give it until September before something happens that destroys capacity and the ride experience.

If it isn't trims or OTSRs it's lack of maintenance and single train operations. I give it until September before something happens that destroys capacity and the ride experience.

Pessimism is fuel for your negative reality.

“All that we are is the result of what we have thought.” - Buddha

In my universe Twisted Colossus will haul a$$ for decades.

^History is reality in the case of SFMM.

Regarding the parking stripes we still can't seem to get over...Does anyone know if they painted over the parking stripes that have been under Colossus since it opened in the 70's?

Regarding the parking stripes we still can't seem to get over...Does anyone know if they painted over the parking stripes that have been under Colossus since it opened in the 70's?

I imagine those would've worn away by now.

Only thing that still needs to be done is refreshing the front entrance and painting the station to match the new color scheme.

I've got to agree with you on that, too. The front entrance needs some freshening up to fit into the new Steampunk District theme. Has anybody been able to check on that? I really hope they haven't left the station with the permanent temporary walls queue line. They are the absolute worst.

I saw confirmation that they are going to repaint the front with different colors and add a large new arch sign that you walk under, but the structure of the station isnt changing. Inside the station they gutted everything and are putting in new queue stanchions. I just saw an update this morning saying that they are going to install a new wall that blocks off the old platform on the other side of the station. MM thinks that this ride will be high capacity enough not to need the extra room, but personally I rolled my eyes at that one. I dont see why you would feel the need to wall off potential extra queue space and do nothing with it, even if it's only rarely used.

I think people exaggerate when it comes to the whole trim thing at MM. Tatsu, Apocalypse, Batman, X2, Yolo, Ninja, Gold Rusher, Superman all run brake free as far as I know.

Viper is understandable, does anyone really want to ride that thing without brakes? It's old and rips itself apart

Scream and Riddler have small trims on their respective mid-courses but most of B&Ms coasters from that era have trims.

Goliath exerts extreme positive g-forces on its riders, which again isnt MM's fault but an oversight of Giovanola

The only ones in my opinion that dont make sense are GL and Revolution.

I would be happy with dirt underneath Scream. Unfortunately, that ship has sailed.......and sank.

...pages and pages ago and this topic always finds away to come back.