TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Those photos are insane. I never thought I'd say this, but I actually now want to go to SFMM!

dt

I just wanted to quote this because I never thought I'd see Dave post this!

OK, now back to discussing how good Twisted Colossus looks!

So first of all, I could not survive w/o my daily/nightly review of this site/forum...my family loves my TPR nerdness...and I loathe scrolling through the stupid, immature, and idiotic posts...so keep bringing down the stragglers in the rear of the pack Robb!!

Now more importantly, I was fully committed to waiting until a WCB or mid week day in the Summer to hit up TC...but after the last few days, there is just no way that I can wait...I was fortunate enough to ride the original Colossus in its opening month (so now you know I'm old) and I'm thinking that I will just brave the wait and get there opening day as I'm not sure I can live with hearing reviews for days and weeks and not experience this myself.

ZOMG WHY DID YOU HAVE TO GO AND ABUSE YOUR BANHAMMER LIKE THAT?! JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?!!1!one!

/sarcasm. My sincere thanks for trimming out the stupid.

On the actual topic at hand, this really seems to be shaping up to be "better than *normal* sex"...I'm almost foaming at the mouth just looking at it!

Edited by MayTheGForceBeWithYou

Yeah I am anxiously waiting for the SFMM announcement for WCB, have plane tix and rental car pages pretty much waiting for the moment

Forgive my total noob question here, but I've seen comments hoping for racing on TC.

Does one ride go through both sides? That is the impression I had, but I guess I can't wrap my head around racing on a mobius coaster

If each single ride of TC goes through both sides, and they do race, that means each ride would race twice?? If so, that's pretty awesome.

WOW! Twisted Colossus is looking great! That 15 second Instagram clip was AMAZING! The airtime hill on the blue side of the Top Gun Stall looks like it's going to be awesome! I really want to visit this park.

After seeing the various testing videos that have surfaced today, I can say with confidence that those who were initially disappointed by the design should not be disappointed by the ride. Once it opens, Twisted Colossus is likely to become the best coaster in California, and although my experience with RMC is limited, I can't see anyone considering this the company's worst coaster.

After seeing the various testing videos that have surfaced today, I can say with confidence that those who were initially disappointed by the design should not be disappointed by the ride. Once it opens, Twisted Colossus is likely to become the best coaster in California, and although my experience with RMC is limited, I can't see anyone considering this the company's worst coaster.

Yeah, just enthusiasts being...over enthusiastic. "nothing else to do" to fill the time so gotta pick apart or downplay, also I think makes people feel good to bash/be contrarian.

You are completely right, any worry of "it may be slow" should be firmly put to rest now. I think TC will end up near the top of the list, just like it fellow RMCs

Also, we all gripe about rides being short these days. TC, again unless Im wrong, will go through the circuit twice! This alone should be awesome.

Edited by JJLehto

Geezus. I leave for a few hours and end up sifting through some massive sh!t. I don't know what happened between TPR and whatever site Robb was talking about to keep other photos off here, but if they don't want them, they're the ones in charge. All I care about is seeing how great this coaster is going to be. All the drama can be saved for somebody else's mama.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The way the track twists is just unreal, it's seriously making me consider changing my plans for my trip to Orlando in November and going to LA instead.

On the zero car, are those working headlights or just theming ornaments? I'm just curious because I love the idea of riding this in the dark with only those headlights lighting up the track in front of you.

OK, this looks insane. I think MM has a winner on its hands.

Do any of you know where this will fall on the Flash Pass scale? Platinum only (like YOLO) or additional fee per ride (like X2)?

I can't see anyone considering this the company's worst coaster.

I agree, the ride looks amazing.

But even if it is the company's worst coaster (which it probably isn't), it will probably still be the best coaster in California and it will still be awesome.

The new Screampunk District is looking fantastic. That area so desperately needed a coat of paint. So damn pleased to see they've gone far beyond that and really put some consideration and effort into it. A well-thought aesthetic adds so much to a park experience for me.

OK, this looks insane. I think MM has a winner on its hands.

Do any of you know where this will fall on the Flash Pass scale? Platinum only (like YOLO) or additional fee per ride (like X2)?

YOLO recently changed from previously being a Platinum FlashPass reservation only to being just plain available if you have a Flash Pass. Based on past patterns, Twisted Colossus is likely to take the place formerly occupied by YOLO and be a reservation only ($15 per reservation probably, maybe $10) with Platinum required. No official announcement has been made yet though.