TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

Anyone plan on staying later to possibly record testing?

If the park is closed and security asks you to leave...LEAVE!!! Feedmill road is also SFMM's private property, so please stay off of that as well.

I'm with Robb...testing video and pictures are really not that exciting. We're not talking about some top secret new ride technology here. We're talking about a coaster. That opens in less than a month. That you've already seen a rendering of the POV.

If the park is closed and security asks you to leave...LEAVE!!! Feedmill road is also SFMM's private property, so please stay off of that as well.

I'm with Robb...testing video and pictures are really not that exciting. We're not talking about some top secret new ride technology here. We're talking about a coaster. That opens in less than a month. That you've already seen a rendering of the POV.

I mean to you testing vids might not be that exciting but for some of us this is very exciting. Everyone is right to their amount of excitement on this.

I really hope and pray I never become jaded to the point where I'm no longer extremely excited by the hobbies I'm interested in.

Fortunately, as long as RMC stays in business, it looks like we won't get the chance to be jaded

I mean to you testing vids might not be that exciting but for some of us this is very exciting. Everyone is right to their amount of excitement on this.

I really hope and pray I never become jaded to the point where I'm no longer extremely excited by the hobbies I'm interested in.

First off, there is no need to be obnoxious to our other members, especially people who are moderators of this site, and moderators who are actually members of the amusement park industry.

Secondly, while I don't necessarily get "excited" over testing videos, they are cool to see. That being said, there are some people legit freaking out over seeing a testing video in this thread to the point in which I find completely laughable. It's one thing to get to see a ride test and if a park or someone has done a good job getting said video (Like the Fury or Wicked Cyclone test videos), but those people who are going to camp out late at night and get shots of something you can barely see, zoomed in and shaky like it's the Blair Witch Project I will never, ever understand. That, IMO, it's just pointless and stupid. If I'm gonna watch a testing video, or ANY video of a ride for that matter, I want it to be something that is good quality and fun to watch.

And if you like that sort of thing, that's awesome! There is no need to be rude to our moderators just because you happen to like something that we think is dumb.

Edited by robbalvey

ourmountain_thrillpark said to me on instagram @gmdben_2002 we ran 2 circuits at 6PM. and before they ran the trains they had a meeting and said and anyone that had a camera would have been "TERMINATED" but the lucky people out in the parking lot could take video if they want to and not be "terminated"

I'm sorry, but that is such bull$#it... How come SFNE can take and post to the media a video of Wicked Cyclone's first test run [and it was pretty apparent by the applause after it was the FIRST], but there's some sort of super top secret PR blockade that makes SFMM or Twisted Colussus different? Seriously SFMM?.....

I'm sorry but why do you think it is YOUR RIGHT to be able to see video of their first test run? If the park didn't want it released for whatever reason, they didn't release it. I'm just so sick of this awful "entitlement" attitude so many coaster enthusiasts carry. Parks aren't going to make decisions to cater to YOUR personal preferences no matter how entitled you think you are. Deal with it and stop complaining like a two year old baby.

Personally, I'm at least happy they released the first drop footage and we have someone out at the park right now on a construction tour so maybe we'll get more footage.

I apologize, and your right Robb. I did not mean to sound entitled at all. I was just all caught up in excitement and hype and impatience.

Couple that with the feeling that we in California often SEEM get the short end of the stick when it comes to this hobby, and I may have not been clear-headed when I wrote that.

I will anxiously, excitedly await testing footage if and when it comes.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someone from the park or RMC got on Goliath's lift to shoot it?

What are the chances of this opening by Memorial Day weekend? Media day just before? Last year Goliath at SFGA super late. I haven't fully committed to 3 day tickets at Disneyland yet. Still curious about SFMM, Knotts, and Back to the Future filming locations lol.

They wouldn't have set an opening date if they didn't think with 99% certainty they were going to make it. That's why they waited until now to actually announce it. Unless somebody manages to set the damned thing on fire again, it'll be open.

Iron Reef at Knott's is still on schedule to be open on May 15th. The Puente Hills Mall is open 365 days a year, so you should be good there.

Just to clarify, if that comment was directed towards me...

This is a hobby I still love. I am extremely excited to have an RMC coaster a half hour drive away from where I live at a price as ridiculously cheap as an SFMM premium pass is. Watching a video of the ride test just doesn't do anything for me to add to the excitement.

Robb hit on the bigger point that there is a fine line between excitement and fanaticism.

We do not allow any content from The Coaster Guy, Park(s) Journey(s) or anyone associated with them to be posted here. I don't care if they have photos or videos of the second coming of Jebus. If you post content from those sites you will be banned from TPR forever.

You have been warned.

Edited by robbalvey

We do not allow any content from The Coaster Guy or Park(s) Journey(s) to be posted here. I don't care if they have photos or videos of the second coming of Jebus. If you post content from those sites you will be banned from TPR forever.

You have been warned.

Do you not like those guys? Is there a reason? Just curious.

We do not allow any content from The Coaster Guy, Park(s) Journey(s) or anyone associated with them to be posted here. I don't care if they have photos or videos of the second coming of Jebus. If you post content from those sites you will be banned from TPR forever.

You have been warned.

You might wanna add that to the Terms of Service / Posting Rules thread. Seems kinda harsh to go full on lifetime ban based on a rule that's not actually part of the list of rules.

^ Banned for questioning us over this. I'll say it again. If you don't want to follow our rules, you don't have to post here.

It says in the term of service:

18. Robb & Elissa reserve the right to alter these rules for any reason or anyone depending on the situation. After all, it's our site!

Would anyone else like to get banned for being stupid tonight?

Edited by robbalvey

^ Banned for questioning us over this. I'll say it again. If you don't want to follow our rules, you don't have to post here.

18. Robb & Elissa reserve the right to alter these rules for any reason or anyone depending on the situation. After all, it's our site!

Feel free to ban me for this post if you'd like, but I don't see a problem with asking for the reasoning behind this specific rule. I'm not questioning your rules at all, but not everyone here is familiar with The Coaster Guy or Park(s) Journey(s). To those less knowledgeable, such a rule may seem arbitrary or even pointlessly dramatic, which could reflect badly on TPR's own professionalism in the industry. No harm in giving a reason for banning their content -- if anything, it makes you look better! Of course, I don't doubt that you have your reasons. Just saying that I don't feel it's stupid enough to warrant a ban (but again, I don't run this forum, you do).

That said, I am way too excited for Twisted Colossus. It looks like exactly the kind of ride the west coast has been desperately needing for a LONG time. Thank you all for the updates!

LMAO right now.