TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Six Flags Magic Mountain (SFMM) Discussion Thread

No testing at the tour. They're only doing evening testing for the next few days after park hours.

Ugh. Still hope we get something today

Again, what is with this obnoxious entitled attitude?!?! Seriously people, STOP IT!!! Oh, gee, so sorry they aren't ready to release more video. YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO IT!!!! The park will present it when they are ready to. Maybe some of you just don't see exactly how horrible you're being.

In the mean time, here's some awesome pics from the tour:

11166065_10155527122765370_326062583_n.jpg.03174eda5ae4c0e07992fa8644f5153c.jpg

11198820_10155527122700370_1490304859_n.jpg.57e5b15847ec568104d4c52ce54feddb.jpg

Things are so much different covering coasters now then back just a decade ago. There used to be so much more luck involved in getting early testing footage, I don't think I've ever seen people so upset that they didn't have shots from the very first test run.

Going back to Deja Vu testing at SFMM it was incredibly sporadic initially. I remember that we knew it was running for almost three weeks before any of us managed to get a picture of it. I got lucky, I happened to be walking through the right part of the park at the right time and snapped some pictures. As it goes, SFMM has done a great job here in opening up how much access they're allowing to the ride.

No testing at the tour. They're only doing evening testing for the next few days after park hours.

Ugh. Still hope we get something today

Again, what is with this obnoxious entitled attitude?!?! Seriously people, STOP IT!!! Oh, gee, so sorry they aren't ready to release more video. YOU ARE NOT ENTITLED TO IT!!!! The park will present it when they are ready to. Maybe some of you just don't see exactly how horrible you're being.

In the mean time, here's some awesome pics from the tour:

At the tour did they say anything about the changes they made to the ride compared to what was shown in the promotional video? (When they first announced the ride)

Yeah, Twisted Colossus looks outstanding. This is probably the first coaster SFMM has installed since Tatsu that I just can't wait to ride. Unless something comes up, I'll be there braving the crowds on May 23rd. Anyone want to bet on how long the line will be (I'm guessing 3.5 hours)?

Slightly disappointing, but not really a big deal. After thinking about it, the decision to only test outside of park hours makes sense. I'm sure we'll be able to see this ride in action when SFMM is ready to let us see it, and now that we know it's testing I think it will be much more interesting to wait until they're doing two train testing before seeing it.

Yeah, Twisted Colossus looks outstanding. This is probably the first coaster SFMM has installed since Tatsu that I just can't wait to ride. Unless something comes up, I'll be there braving the crowds on May 23rd. Anyone want to bet on how long the line will be (I'm guessing 3.5 hours)?

Slightly disappointing, but not really a big deal. After thinking about it, the decision to only test outside of park hours makes sense. I'm sure we'll be able to see this ride in action when SFMM is ready to let us see it, and now that we know it's testing I think it will be much more interesting to wait until they're doing two train testing before seeing it.

Well, speaking of Tatsu & testing after park hours, that reminds me of a video of Tatsu testing a long time ago. It was shot at night, from what appears to be outside the park. So depending on how visible TC is from vantage points outside SFMM, people may still be able to get heir test footage.

..Oh, and I almost forgot! There's an even easier and better way to get footage.... It's called being patient and waiting for SFMM to release it!

I'm really impressed that "Opening Late Spring" didn't become "Opening Early Summer". Good job everyone, I'm really excited for Twisted Colossus 121!

LOL, after all the pages and pages of bitching about how it was going to open super late, and they're opening just when they said they were going to!

Also, am I missing something? It says there's an update on page 4287 but I'm not seeing one.